Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Napoleonic Interactive!

Poll Smoker Senior Member CountArach's Avatar

Default Re: Napoleonic Interactive!

Yes, you will get a new ruler. However, if there is a succession crisis, you will only get half your Kingdom, and will have to fight back to get the rest!
    Rest in Peace TosaInu, the Org will be your legacy
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon Blum - For All Mankind
    Nothing established by violence and maintained by force, nothing that degrades humanity and is based on contempt for human personality, can endure.

Quote Originally Posted by Grand Lord of Poop~
    His Most Imperial Majesty the Sultan (HMIMTS), Selim the III of the Ottoman Empire:

We condemn the French attacks on our Egyptian lands. We also ask for the support of all our allied nations (especially the British navy patrolling the Mediterranean) to stem the influx of these barbarians.

to France: What will you gain? You may want to try and achieve the glories of Alexander and Caesar (who both attacked Egypt). But you will not, cannot, and shall not succeed. Our armies may be in decline, but we have vast numbers and numerical superiority (almost 10 to 1! that's a sure win, no matter the technologies). Stop this fruitless war, or you will fail, like in history. (the french attacks on Egypt proved to be unsuccessful in the end and they withdrew)
    As an allied nation, the United Kingdom would be glad to aid our allies, with our combined forces of land and sea, we will surely prevail!

Quote Originally Posted by Tran
    Hmmm...maybe you shouldn't take France, and play smaller faction like Tuscany instead?
    Yeah, exactly what I was thinking, I'm sorry but I just don't have time for this at the moment. Maybe next time. So France is now up for grabs.

Sorry people.

Hepcat, are you saying you're gonna just take Tuscany or not play at all?

Once again, I'd be willing to take up France (that was my hope from the beginning though I knew it to be impossible at that moment.) But I'd still have to ask for some guidance for research and all if that is not yet done.
    Last edited by Derfasciti; 05-05-2007 at 03:11.
    First Secretary Rodion Malinovsky of the C.P.S.U.

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=86316

12th Century Glory!
    http://z14.invisionfree.com/12th_Cen...d7dc28&act=idx

"I can do anything I want, I'm eccentric! HAHAHA!"-Rat Race

Do you think the Golden Rule should apply to masochists as well?

92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature. yes that's right i dont listen rap..

Alright, you have the job. I have researched France, so don't worry about that.

Damn these PMs are taking ages to write up.
    Nothing established by violence and maintained by force, nothing that degrades humanity and is based on contempt for human personality, can endure.

I'm not playing at all. I just don't have the time or energy required for it at the moment.

Allright, maybe next time Hepcat.

12th Century Glory!

92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature. yes that's right i dont listen rap..

So Derfasciti,you are now the source of all evil in Europe?
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

Evil? Pah, I'll have those English dogs worshipping me in no time

12th Century Glory!

Evil? Pah, I'll have those English dogs worshipping me in no time
    O rly? We British with our fine tea and experienced navy will crush your snail-eating army!

the ottoman army, starting from the 17th century onwards, was divided into three broad categories:

- the irregulars, of very poor quality and called up only in emergenicies
    - the provincial troops
    - the regulars (almost solely comprising the janissaries)

(both infantry and cavalry were divided into these three categories)

during peacetime, the only elements on active service are the regulars (janissaries) posted around permanent garrisons. with occansional provincial levies raised in times of need or unrest. the janissaries were called "ojak" and divided into "ortas (regiment)" and again into "odas." after the reforms of suleiman I the magnificent the regiments were divided into three classes; the "jemaat (101 regiments)" the "beuluk (61 regiments)" and the "sekban (34 regiments)." the sekban were in charge of guarding the sultan while the jemaat were in charge of guarding the borders. the strength of each regiment varies greatly, sometimes as low as 100 men, or, when war was imminent, up to 500 men. by 1805 the total strength of the regular troops had reached more than 112,000. promotion was strictly within the regiment. the regulars recieved no payment in peacetime but were assigned rations, supplemented by whatever crafts they practiced. the are no regulated uniforms except for the universal tall red cap. officers are distingiushed by the color of their boots (the sultan's guards wearing red, others yellow, and subordinate officers black.) discipline was enforced severely, and the men could not marry nor grow beards.

the irregulars of the ottoman army provide a huge pool of manpower for the empire. potentially every able-bodied man could be pressed into the army. although completely lacking in weapons, discipline, or strategy. they have huge numbers and could be dangerous.

the tactics used by the regular troops comprised both medieval and modern strategies; they used firearms but were equally adept with a sword. contrary to popular belief, the regular troops of this period were skilled in weapons-handling and brave, their main drawback being their lack of cohesion and total inability to act as a group. every man was for himself and rushed upon the enemy as fast as he could. their attacks are ferocious but, if beaten off, are equally useless.

the ottomans possessed a navy of considerable power: with 60 ships-of-the-line, 100 frigates, and 200 galleys in 1800. the principle source of seamen coming from the Aegean Islands of Greece. the ship construction were similar to their European counterparts, as with their sailing ability. but they lost heavily when it comes to tactics. the naval officers were also distinguished by their boot colors, while the regular personnel have no uniform. one regiment of janissaries were employed as marines.

Interesting interactive. Any plans for an earlish Greek revolution? If so, I am up for it.

Cataphract Of The City

Is it starting soon? (We English have almost no paitence)

Thread killer Member Rodion Romanovich's Avatar

Neither have we Spanish! We have already made peace with Britain and Portugal, and planned reforms for very long ahead! If this continues we might as well have conquered the entire world before the next chapter
    Under construction...

"In countries like Iran, Saudi Arabia and Norway, there is no separation of church and state." - HoreTore

me too ,me too! if this fantastic interactive doesn't start, I'm going to start hijacking this thread!! i want my decisions!! his majesty the sultan has grand plans for his burgeoning empire ahead!! (Sultan Selim III reformed his army into something more of european style...)

ps. CA, i assume you will give us some freedom in ruling our states? such as establishing new departments, reforming the army, etc? (it would make the game much more fun, but of course you are still in charge)

arrrrrgggghhh, i want me decisions. the turkish sultan shall unleash an army of 10,000 janizzaries to CA's residence...

Honorary Argentinian Senior Member Gyroball Champion, Karts Champion Caius's Avatar

The Roman Emperor is at the wait.

Names, secret names
    But never in my favour
    But when all is said and done
    It's you I love

Give Count the time he needs. Enough of this rushing, please. I mean, I'm as eager as the next guy to get this started but we should try to avoid putting too much pressure on someone who was so nice in the first place to create and run this IH.
    Last edited by Derfasciti; 05-06-2007 at 21:15.

12th Century Glory!

In 1806 the Prussian army consisted of 200,000 men: 133,000 infantrymen, 39,600 cavalrymen and 10,000 artillerymen and few thousands of engineers, garrisons, reserves etc.

Infantry
    2 Guard infantry regiments (2 battalions each)
    58 infantry regiments (2 battalions each)
    1 jager regiment (3 battalions)
    27 grenadier battalions
    24 fusilier battalions

Cavalry
    13 cuirassier regiments (5 squadrons each)
    14 dragoon regiments (10 x 5 squadrons and 2 x 10 squadrons)
    9 hussar regiments (10 squadrons each)
    1 'Towarzysze' regiment (10 + 5 squadrons)

Artillery
    4 foot artillery regiments (36 12pdr batteries of 8 guns)
    1 horse artillery regiment (20 6pdr batteries of 8 guns)
    reserve (2 10pdr mortar batteries, 1 light mortar battery, 4 7pdr howitzer batteries, 8 6pdr batteries)

Infantry information:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

In 1806 the infantry consisted of 60 infantry regiments (2 battalions each, total of 120 musketier battalions), incl. the regiment of Foot Guard. There were also 27 grenadier, 24 fusilier and 3 jagers battalions.

Grenadier battalion had 805 men:
    . . . . . . 18 officers (and 4 surgeons)
    . . . . . . 56 NCOs
    . . . . . . 12 drummers and 8 fifers
    . . . . . . 8 sappers
    . . . . . . 600 grenadiers and 40 reserves
    . . . . . . There were also:
    . . . . . . riflemen: 40 Schutzen with 1 bugler.
    . . . . . . artillerymen: 1 NCO and 17 privates

Fusilier battalion had 690 men:
    . . . . . . 19 officers (and 4 surgeons)
    . . . . . . 48 NCOs
    . . . . . . 5 drummers and 7 buglers
    . . . . . . 8 sappers
    . . . . . . 520 fusiliers and 40 reserves
    . . . . . . riflemen: 40 Schützen with 1 bugler.

Each of the 120 musketier battalions had (theoretically) 830 men:
    . . . . . . 22 officers (and 5 surgeons)
    . . . . . . 60 NCOs
    . . . . . . 15 drummers (and 6 oboye players for the I Battalion)
    . . . . . . 10 sappers
    . . . . . . 600 musketiers and 50 reserves
    . . . . . . riflemen: 50 Schützen with 1 bugler.
    . . . . . . artillerymen: 1 NCO and 17 privates

Cavalry regiments:
    Most often the Prussian cavalry regiment had 400-600 men in three or four squadrons. (Each squadron had also 2 pack horses.) The Decree issued in February 1813 stated that the regimental staff consisted of 1 commander, 1 adjudant, 1 Rechnungsfüher (an officer as accountant) 1 staff trumpeter and several non-combatants.

Artillery:
    The basic tactical unit in artillery was battery (approx. 8 guns). Each battery was didvided into 2 half-batteries. Until 1806 batteries were judged by the speed of unlimbering and the smartness of appearance rather than the speed or/and accuracy of fire. The number of guns available for field service totalled:

24 'bombardement pieces"
    84 normal 12pdrs
    120 heavy 6pdrs
    320 light 6pdrs
    16 10pdr mortars
    76 10pdr howitzers
    34 7pdr howitzers

Well this was pretty much the best I could find. Additionally Prussia had a population of ~9,7 million at the start of the Napoleonic Wars.
    Friendship, Fun & Honour!

"The Prussian army always attacks."
    -Frederick the Great

lol, eagre aren't we.

Well I have done the longest PMs (The French one alone is about 4 pages in Word), so perhaps tomorrow afternoon for me.

Interesting interactive. Any plans for an earlish Greek revolution? If so, I am up for it.
    Maybe, we'll see how things run.

Is it starting soon? (We English have almost no paitence)
    *Shakes fist at Brits*

Neither have we Spanish! We have already made peace with Britain and Portugal, and planned reforms for very long ahead! If this continues we might as well have conquered the entire world before the next chapter
    lol, awesome.

me too ,me too! if this fantastic interactive doesn't start, I'm going to start hijacking this thread!! i want my decisions!! his majesty the sultan has grand plans for his burgeoning empire ahead!! (Sultan Selim III reformed his army into something more of european style...)

ps. CA, i assume you will give us some freedom in ruling our states? such as establishing new departments, reforming the army, etc? (it would make the game much more fun, but of course you are still in charge)
    Absoltuely, however Military reforms are something that really needs a reason. There is no need to change something that has been working. So, if you lose a major war, you are allowed to change your military.

Give Count the time he needs. Enough of this rushing, please. I mean, I'm as eager as the next guy to get this started but we should try to avoid putting too much pressure on someone who was so nice in the first place to create and run this IH.
    Hehe, the voice of reason.

Thanks AggonyDuck

Yes, let the Count take his time. After all we, the King of Prussia, do need more time to come up with new designs for uniforms. My army needs to look as if dressed to kill, after all looking dazzling in ones uniform is already half the battle. The other part is the haircut and hence why we are thinking about doubling the amount of barbers in our army.

-Frederick the Great

Question Re: Napoleonic Interactive!

Quote Originally Posted by AggonyDuck
    Infantry information:
    ...Grenadier battalion had 805 men:
    .......12 drummers and 8 fifers........

...Fusilier battalion...
    .......5 drummers and 7 buglers.......

...musketier battalions...
    .......15 drummers (and 6 oboye players for the I Battalion).......

...Cavalry regiments:...
    .......1 staff trumpeter and several non-combatants.......
    Was these really necessary?
    Medieval 2: Total War Guide to Traits and Retinue
    "Tenderness and kindness are not signs of weakness and despair but manifestations of strength and resolution." - Khalil Gibran

World War 3 erupted in mid-1960's: NATO - Warsaw Pact Conflict multiplayer Interactive, choose one from several available countries

Empire Of Russia

Infantry

By September 1805 Russia had:
    # 13 grenadier regiments (heavy infantry)
    # 22 jäger regiments (light infantry)
    # 84 musketier regiments (line infantry)

Cavalry

In the beginning of 1812 were:
    Army cavalry: 8 cuirassier, 36 dragoon, 5 uhlan, and 11 hussar regiments

Artillery

In 1805 were 11 foot and 1 horse regiment of artillery.

Imperial Guard

Foot Guard

n 1800 the foot guard consisted of the following troops:
    # Preobrashensk Lifeguard Grenadier Regiment [4 battalions]
    # Semenovsk Lifeguard Grenadier Regiment [3 battalions]
    # Ismailovsk Lifeguard Grenadier Regiment [3 battalions]
    - Lifeguard Jägers [1 battalion]

Horse Guard

In the beginning the Guard cavalry consisted of two brigades:
    Cuirassier Brigade. No body armor until 1812.
    # Guard Cavalry Regiment (also called Chevaliers, Kavalergarde)
    # Lifeguard Horse Regiment (also called Garde du Corps, Horse Guard)
    Light Cavalry Brigade
    # Lifeguard Hussar Regiment
    # Lifeguard Cossack Regiment

Guards Artillery

In 1801 the unit consisted of 2 heavy, 2 light and 1 horse company, with a total of 52 guns. In 1805 the horse company was separated and called Lifeguard Horse Company. Between 1810 and 1812 the horse company was commanded by Captain Rostislav Zaharov. This unit was awarded for 1812 campaign. In 1812 the horse artillery had 2 horse companies.

Cossack´s

In 1811 the assignment of Cossack regiments was as follow:
    - in Finland: 3 regiments
    - along the border from Poland to the Dniester: 13 regiments
    - with the Army of Moldavia: 29 regiments
    - in the Don: 12 regiments
    - in Georgia: 8 regiments
    - in Orenbourg (eastern Russia): 4 regiments and 1 Kalmuck Regiment
    - in the Caucasus: 6 so-called 'Colonial Regiments' and 3 of so-called 'Voisko'
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

Quote Originally Posted by Tran
    Was these really necessary?
    We can't have our dashingly clothed men march imposingly without proper music can we? Proper music and exquisite uniforms go a long way in creating the necessary élan for a successful army.

-Frederick the Great

The Army of the United Kingdom in 1800

http://www.regiments.org/regiments/uk/lists/ba1800.htm

Thats a lot of regiments I can control

Join the ICLADOLLABOJADALLA! Member IrishArmenian's Avatar

http://www.napoleon-series.org/milit...v.html#skanska
    Good list of Swedish Cavalry units for the timeframe.

http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/mcn...leonic%20Wars:
    This one is better.
    Last edited by IrishArmenian; 05-08-2007 at 00:12.

"Half of your brain is that of a ten year old and the other half is that of a ten year old that chainsmokes and drinks his liver dead!" --Hagop Beegan

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Yeah I've got no idea. I read something that the Austrian army numbered around half a million men......Not sure though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

I've got numbers for them at the start.

Thanks for the help there guys!

Quote Originally Posted by AggonyDuck
    We can't have our dashingly clothed men march imposingly without proper music can we? Proper music and exquisite uniforms go a long way in creating the necessary élan for a successful army.
    Yeah, precisely.

I'm just worried that when the enemy approach, they'll be the first to flee
    Medieval 2: Total War Guide to Traits and Retinue
    "Tenderness and kindness are not signs of weakness and despair but manifestations of strength and resolution." - Khalil Gibran

World War 3 erupted in mid-1960's: NATO - Warsaw Pact Conflict multiplayer Interactive, choose one from several available countries

Bah! A true Prussian does not flee!

-Frederick the Great

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast