Thread: Roman CTD with saved game file

Default Roman CTD with saved game file

Hi

I love this mod, but sadly my Roman campaign has grinded to a halt. To the best of my knowledge I run 0.81a3, which should incorporate the improved CTD patch. But still it keeps crashing on the eleutheroi turn.

Here's a link to the saved game file:

http://uploaded.to/?id=6a4j81

Any help would be very much appreciated. It's 181 BC, the Marian reforms are just around the corner, and it's time to deal with the children of the Nile.

thnx/EoE

Default Re: Roman CTD with saved game file

Oh, btw, if anyone should have a 0.81 Roman campaign that's a few years pre-Marian, I would really, really appreciate a copy.

If I can't continue expanding my own empire, the second best thing would be to expand someone elses.

rgds/EoE

Or... Build a new empire using another faction? Anyway, please include the information asked about here when reporting a CTD. Note that 0.81a does not contain the improved rebellion CTD fix, or any of the other fixes provided in the sticky.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Sorry, I didn't read that faq properly. My fault.

Which version are you playing? 0.81, I installed the ZIP file in the 0.81a hotfix thread. It is build 3.

On the same topic, do you have any unofficial mods installed? The force diplomacy mod 0.41

Have you applied all the permanent fixes in this sticky? I think so.

Have you deleted map.rwm? Yes

Have you tried the temporary fixes in the sticky mentioned earlier? I believe so.

Does it still crash if you do not enable the background script? Yes.

Have you tried it 3 times or more, with consistent crashes? Oh, yes.

What is happening when the crash occurs? The eleutheroi turn begins and the game closes down shortly afterwards.

Where does stuff happen when the crash occurs? Can't remember.

When does the crash occur? Right after the Lusotanian turn, a few seconds into the eleutheroi turn.

What year is it? 181 BC

What's the season? Can't remember.

Have you had any reforms? The Polybian.

Do you know if any other factions have had reforms? Don't know.

Hope it helps.

rgds/EoE

Thanks, that's helpful . I don't know if the force diplomacy mod should have any impact, but I'd guess not. While you wait for a solution, I suggest that you make sure that you've installed the permanent fixes and try once more (no need to post the results unless it fixes your game). And trying another faction in the meantime might be fun as well .

================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

I've tested your game. Works without a hitch; I've let it go for 5 turns, including a rebellion in Kallatis. Please verify that you've got the permanent fixes installed.

================
    ================

Quote Originally Posted by bovi
    I've tested your game. Works without a hitch; I've let it go for 5 turns, including a rebellion in Kallatis. Please verify that you've got the permanent fixes installed.
    Thanks very much for giving it a try. I'll recheck the permanent fixes and post back.

rgds/EoE

I reinstalled the permanent rebel city CTD fix. If I do not activate the EB script it runs, but as soon as I do, I get a crash on the rebel turn.

rgds/EoE

You need to install all the permanent fixes. And keep them all, that's why they're called permanent. With no more modifications than that it worked fine for me.

================
    ================

I caved in and did an entire reinstall. Fresh RTW 1.5, fresh 0.81a full setup. It crashed again. Then I applied the 3 permanent fixes and voilá: No CTD's!

Lesson learned: Never try to outsmart the bug hunter.

One thing though: Bagacos is in Roman hands - as it should be - put the province has the Seleukid colours on the map, and I can recruit Persian type troops.

Thanks for your patient help!

rgds/EoE

That's usually the result of not deleting map.rwm when you change stuff in other files. You did delete it as per instructions, right?

================
    ================

Quote Originally Posted by bovi
    That's usually the result of not deleting map.rwm when you change stuff in other files. You did delete it as per instructions, right?
    Yep, I ran a few session with various fixed and deleted the map-file every time. I really don't know what caused it. I ran EB with BI and 0.41 diplo script, but I sincerely doubt that was the cause.

Anyway. Great mod. Great help. I really hope you guys will port it to MTW2 - there are so many great opportunities in that engine. Wish I could help, but I can't.

rgds/EoE

Okay, then I'm out of ideas, hope you'll survive having some Persian units .

================
    ================