Thread: Which General To Start With??

Default Which General To Start With??

Hi Guys,

I generally play the Romans and I like the trait system on EB and I think its what sets it apart from all other variations of RTW, what I am trying to do is figure out which starting Roman General is best to campaign with to try and get a Triumph, I normally start with Cotta until he is to old but he never seems to get enough Imperium to get a Triumph, who do you guys suggest I start with as my army leader? Asina? Cotta? Scipio ? Do any of you guys create like a ruling family for the Romans ? and use their offspring to fill their fathers shoes as Generals ? Some feedback on your own playing styles with this would be much appreciated!

Roma Victa !

Denbo

Asia ton Barbaron mapper Member Pharnakes's Avatar

Smile Re: Which General To Start With??

Asina (if thats what the guy in Capua is called) is probobaly your best chance for a triumph, and he is third in the line for princeps.
    Asia ton Barbaron The new eastern mod for eb!

Laziest member of the team My red balloons, as red as the blood of he who mentioned Galatians.
    Roma Victor!

Yous ee gishes?

Default Re: Which General To Start With??

Quote Originally Posted by Denbo
    Hi Guys,

I generally play the Romans and I like the trait system on EB and I think its what sets it apart from all other variations of RTW, what I am trying to do is figure out which starting Roman General is best to campaign with to try and get a Triumph, I normally start with Cotta until he is to old but he never seems to get enough Imperium to get a Triumph, who do you guys suggest I start with as my army leader? Asina? Cotta? Scipio ? Do any of you guys create like a ruling family for the Romans ? and use their offspring to fill their fathers shoes as Generals ? Some feedback on your own playing styles with this would be much appreciated!

Roma Victa !

Denbo
    I too have some 'issues' with the Roman Family Tree, but not related to the Triumph per se.

My 'problem' is that, as the titles (Consul etc) exist in the traits of characters, I can't bring myself to use a character to lead an army who doesn't have such a title. A trifle I know, but the mere existance of the traits leads me to NOT ignore them.....know what I mean?

This often leads to my family members sitting around Rome, waiting for such a trait, whilst my armies do what they do without a family member, which means they fail to 'benefit' from all the other wonderful 'campaign traits' that exist in the game.....

I guess what I'd like to see is a significant increase in the Roman Family tree to increase the likelihood of getting appropriate Consul/Praetor traits so I can get over my historiphobia and get on with the game

They don't currently have enough territories to support a much bigger family tree but all that means is that alot will 'die-off' before anymore are recruited, so if there is a significant spread in ages (as there is now) this shouldn't prove too great a problem. It may also help to soak up some of that extra wealth that the Roman have at the beginning of a new game.

Cheers,

Quilts

P.S. Denbo, not trying to 'shanghai' your thread. Just thought the subjects were related so jumped in. No offence intended.

Default Re: Which General To Start With??

I use scipio and asina. I send blasio and cotta pirate hunting. though this is risky cause if one(scipio or asina) of them dies well...lets just say you will be very upset