Thread: What does AI makes peace treaties for?

Default What does AI makes peace treaties for?

The AI seems to pay no value to peace treaties it makes. So why does it do that at all?

Post Re: What does AI makes peace treaties for?

Hi paul_kiss,
    Unfortunately, with R:TW, the diplomacy engine went completely down-hill - not coordinating with the faction's military machine, they both had minds of their own. Although, compared to M:TW the engine was improved in the number of options available, the AI had no idea how to use them correctly, hampering them and their strength.

However, there is still hope, if you add a regular tribute of about 100+ onto your alliance or peace-treaty proposal, as a gift, then the AI may respect you more and will be less likely to attack. They may also pay you it all back in the future if you send a diplomat to visit them, so you may end up spending nothing whatsoever.

Hope this helps you, cheers!
    Dawn is nature's way of telling you to go back to bed

Default Re: What does AI makes peace treaties for?

i thought it is a delayed tactic,gather some time for them to recruit new troops....
    In all warfare,speed is the key!

the oats that are mighty Member mightilyoats's Avatar

The AI mostly come to me with a peace treaty while I am besieging one of his towns. It is a good way to lift the siege. I've done it also when I couldn't get an army there to lift it. As a rule of thumb, I normally tell the AI "No" when they ask for peace while I am siegeing his town.
    S-U-C-E-S! That's the way you spell... suces?

Quote Originally Posted by Omanes Alexandrapolites the Idiot
    if you add a regular tribute of about 100+ onto your alliance or peace-treaty proposal, as a gift, then the AI may respect you more
    Wow, sounds great. I've never thought this way. I'll try it. Thanks for the idea. *handshake*

Quote Originally Posted by mightilyoats
    I normally tell the AI "No" when they ask for peace while I am siegeing his town
    I think everyone does so. :) It gives a pleasure to say "no" to the AI begging for mercy, ain't it.

Post Re: What does AI makes peace treaties for?

Your welcome!
    Dawn is nature's way of telling you to go back to bed

Quote Originally Posted by paul_kiss
    I think everyone does so. :) It gives a pleasure to say "no" to the AI begging for mercy, ain't it.
    yeah!i agree with that!
    In all warfare,speed is the key!

Chief Biscuit Monitor Member professorspatula's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by paul_kiss
    The AI seems to pay no value to peace treaties it makes. So why does it do that at all?
    The AI makes peace treaties so it can break them. Breaking peace treaties is the AI's favourite pastime. The AI also enjoys backstabbing, acting like a cretin, knitting jumpers and lawn tennis.
    Improving the TW Series one step at a time:

BI Extra Hordes & Unlocked Factions Mod: Available here.

Honorary Argentinian Senior Member Gyroball Champion, Karts Champion Caius's Avatar

The IA tell me to ceasefire when they are sieging me!

Names, secret names
    But never in my favour
    But when all is said and done
    It's you I love

I tried to make peace treaties offering a regular pay of 200 for 20 moves, but noone aggreed. Some were at war with me, some replied "we have nothing to offer you in response, so we refuse".

And btw, when I offered the pay to Brutii, they broke the alliance with me for some reason... ::?::

It seems like playing the next generation of TW games teaches you to play the previous ones...

For me it was having to learn to use archers effectively in Rome to counter Egyptian chariots that made me use them effectively in Medieval.

Now the same applies to Rome: In Medieval 2, to keep an alliance I pay 100+ florins/year, and now that I've tried the same seems to work in Rome. Never bothered to play around with the diplomacy in Rome before, as it is quite broken.