Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: TroG OOC-Thread

Professional Cynic Member Innocentius's Avatar

Default TroG OOC-Thread

The thread for out of character discussions for the MTW PBM The Republic of Genoa.
    It's not easy being a man, you know. I had to get dressed today... And there are other pressures.

- Dylan Moran

The Play

Default Re: TroG OOC-Thread

Wasp - Corsica
    Kavhan Isbul, Head of the Doria family - Tuscany (Sardinia 2nd)
    gunslinger - n/a
    Rythmic - n/a
    Warmaster Horus - Sardinia

This is the current situation. As the first Consul UltraWar will get control over Genoa, which leaves 3 provinces for the rest of us.
    Here is what I suggest - if anyone joins me and my house, the glosiour Dorias, I will split responsibilities with him. He will be in charge of the troops and the first hero we get, and we will together make decisions about what is to be built in our initial province, Tuscany hopefully. After we get more provinces, we will divide governorship duties. So does anyone want to team up with me?

Senior Member Senior Member naut's Avatar

I'll join your house then Kavhan Isbul.
    #Hillary4prism

BD:TW

Some piously affirm: "The truth is such and such. I know! I see!"
    And hold that everything depends upon having the “right” religion.
    But when one really knows, one has no need of religion. - Mahavyuha Sutra

Freedom necessarily involves risk. - Alan Watts

Quote Originally Posted by Rythmic
    I'll join your house then Kavhan Isbul.
    Thanks, Rythmic. We are only sepparated by 20 hours or so time difference (and the biggest Ocean), as I am in California, but I am sure it would not be a problem to communication.

Ah, my beautiful island! I'd be happy to share it, too (since that'd make politics better and more fun), so lemme know whoever wants.
    The purpose of a fish trap is to catch fish, and when the fish are caught, the trap is forgotten. The purpose of a rabbit snare is to catch rabbits. When the rabbits are caught, the snare is forgotten. The purpose of words is to convey ideas. When the ideas are grasped, the words are forgotten. Where can I find a man who has forgotten words? He is the one I would like to talk to.

OK, it appears that we have Warmaster Horus and Gunslinger still not assigned a province, with the Warmaster having expressed a preference for Sardinia. However, Gunslinger also needs a province. So how do we resolve this?
    Option 1: One of them accepts Wasp's invitation and teams up with him, the other one gets Sardinia.
    Option 2: The two of them get Sardinia together, as a team, similarly to me and Rythmic
    Option 3: One gets Sardinia, the other one gets to be the first hero that becomes available, which in most likelihood will be the first heir. Whoever gets this hero is likely to end up as the next Consul.
    Option 4: we cannot agree on starting positions, in which case UltraWar as the Consul gets the task of assigning inital provinces to teams and people.

There might be other options, but these were the ones that came to my mind.

Just your average Senior Member Warmaster Horus's Avatar
    Besancon, France: a stepping stone to greatness. I hope.

It's up to Gunslinger. I don't mind any of the possibilities.
    The Throne Room: "Less a forum, more a way of life." Econ21
    Don't hesitate to visit the Mead Hall! A little more reading, a little less shouting, please.
    Join the latest greatest installement of mafia games: Capo di Tutti Capi!
    Check out the Gahzette!
    By the by, are you interested in helping out the Gahzette? Think you could be a writer, reporting on the TW or Org community? Then check the Gahzette Thread or drop me a PM!

Back.

Thank you Warmaster. If that is the case, then I would like to have a go at Sardinia, poor province that it is, since I'm not really sure what to do with a hero, and I have no ambitions toward being Consul at this time. If that settles everything, then let's get started!
    'People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.'

—George Orwell

Then I shall go with option 3: One gets Sardinia, the other one gets to be the first hero that becomes available, which in most likelihood will be the first heir. Whoever gets this hero is likely to end up as the next Consul.
    Last edited by Warmaster Horus; 02-27-2007 at 19:24.
    Don't hesitate to visit the Mead Hall! A little more reading, a little less shouting, please.
    Check out the Gahzette!
    By the by, are you interested in helping out the Gahzette? Think you could be a writer, reporting on the TW or Org community? Then check the Gahzette Thread or drop me a PM!

Back.

Posts in the parliament thread seem to be trickling in lately. Could this be due to the fact that it's "Barbarian Week" on the History Channel?
    'People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.'

—George Orwell

I do not know, but this is going really slow. I thought we were at a point where we could submit our schedules and start the campaign. Since I was not sure where to post it, I submitted my schedule in the Parliament thread.

I assumed PM's were meant, with the 'individually' (or something along those lines) in the post. I do have to admit that my schedule isn't finished yet, but I blame uni!

By the way, can anyone tell me what already is build in the provinces?
    The purpose of a fish trap is to catch fish, and when the fish are caught, the trap is forgotten. The purpose of a rabbit snare is to catch rabbits. When the rabbits are caught, the snare is forgotten. The purpose of words is to convey ideas. When the ideas are grasped, the words are forgotten. Where can I find a man who has forgotten words? He is the one I would like to talk to.

Wasp,

If you haven't downloaded XL yet, then you will probably need to in order to fight battles for the PBM. Once you've downloaded it, you can easily start a campaign in Expert - Early XL - Glorious Acheivments - Genonese in order to see what you are starting out with.

So, are we supposed to put build orders in parliament, then?
    Last edited by gunslinger; 03-06-2007 at 17:42.

—George Orwell

If am not mistaken, Corsica starts with a fort and a port, and that is about it. You also get a unit of Urban Militia and a unit of Spearmen. The only resource is salt, no tradeable goods unfortunately.

Gunslinger, I have XL, but was unable to check at the time. I'll try to make sure Kavhan is right as soon as possible, though (thanks Kavhan for the info).

One more attempt to revive this - has everyone submitetd his/her schedule and if so, when could we expect the first Chancellor Report?

I'll be able to give the first Chancellor report within 24 hours after everyone's posted. But you are the only one, Kavhan who has given me the build/recruit schedule.
    It's not easy being a man, you know. I had to get dressed today... And there are other pressures.

- Dylan Moran

The Play

I've PM'ed my schedule. Kavhan, I'll get back on those spearman, but should I do it via PM, or in one of the threads? I'm not sure.

[Edit] I'm a member, yay!
    Last edited by Wasp; 03-08-2007 at 10:40.

Camel Lord Senior Member Capture The Flag Champion Martok's Avatar
    In my own little world....but it's okay, they know me there.

I'll PM gunslinger to see about submitting Sardinia's build/recruit queue.
    Last edited by Martok; 03-07-2007 at 20:51.
    "MTW is not a game, it's a way of life." -- drone

PM sent

—George Orwell

There have been som errors in the building ques:

1) Corsica can not build a Trade Post
    2) Sardinia already has Watch Towers

- Dylan Moran

The Play

In this case, I guess just the next building in the queue gets built. These are the first 5 turns however, so maybe it would be acceptabel to allow the players to revise their schedules.

Camel Lord Senior Member Capture The Flag Champion Martok's Avatar
    In my own little world....but it's okay, they know me there.

As long as gunslinger has no objection, I certainly have no problem with just moving on to the next building in Sardinia's queue.
    "MTW is not a game, it's a way of life." -- drone

Please do. I apologize for the inconvenience

—George Orwell

I've had an UltraWar sighting. He posted in the MTW Main Hall today.

—George Orwell

UltraWar has been frequent in the forums - in fact I do not think he has missed a day. But he has answered neither mine, nor Innocentius's PM, and he has not participated in the PBM threads. Perhaps he is busy - it can happen to all of us. Whenever he chooses to return, he can resume his role. Until then I do not think we should delay the game any longer, because it is moving at a slow pace as is.

I managed to catch his (UltraWar's) attention in a thread and he claimed he had troubles getting XL to run.

Quote Originally Posted by Kavhan Isbul
    Until then I do not think we should delay the game any longer, because it is moving at a slow pace as is.
    Yes. The planning has been really bad. I signed up as Chancellor mainly because I had a holiday the coming week and I though I was going to have plenty of time to play, but as it turns out we didn't even get started, and now I have very little time and a lot of schoolwork. I'll be off the better part of this weekend, but I'll see what I can do.

- Dylan Moran

The Play

I'll be in the same position as Innocentius. For now my role isn't really important, but later on...
    Check out the Gahzette!

Back.

No problems guys, we will continue whenever you find the time.

The fine thing about the internet is that everbody can do their thing whenever they have time; don't sweat it. I usually check the threads in a few minutes every day, anyway.

As for the building queue, is that because there's no keep yet? (Corsica; trade post)

If so, I'd like a keep ^^

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast