Thread: What's up with the Sicilians

Default What's up with the Sicilians

No matter what faction I start as they show up on turn 2 or 3 with their whole army and attack. I half expect to see them after starting russian campaign.

EDIT: Yes, you could have made a much better analogy ~sapi
    Last edited by sapi; 05-01-2007 at 08:10.

Slaying Pagans near you! Member TeutonicKnight's Avatar

Default Re: What's up with the Sicilians

Somehow I think you could have made a better analogy there.

Master Procrastinator Member TevashSzat's Avatar

So what factions are you playing or are you really serious that it shows up for every faction.
    "I do not know what I may appear to the world; but to myself I seem to have been only like a boy playing on the seashore, and diverting myself in now and then finding a smoother pebble or a prettier shell than ordinary, whilst the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me." - Issac Newton

patch 1.2
    france - Marseille
    i've tried 3 campaigns, and by turn 2-3 they attack.
    MILLER: I wish we lived in the day where you could challenge a person to a duel.

MILLER: Now, that would be pretty good.

That is not that rare of a target since the AI does alot more naval invasions ever since the first patch. Sicilians also seem to target Tripoli as well as the two islands west of Italy frequently
    "I do not know what I may appear to the world; but to myself I seem to have been only like a boy playing on the seashore, and diverting myself in now and then finding a smoother pebble or a prettier shell than ordinary, whilst the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me." - Issac Newton

Join the ICLADOLLABOJADALLA! Member IrishArmenian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TeutonicKnight
    Thank you.

Now, maybe this is because they are in close proximity to many factions: Venice, Milan, Byzantium, Moors, HRE, Spain, Portugal France and Hungary. Some may think that some on the list are immune to the Sicillian expansionists, but the Sicillian AI is programmed to prefer Naval Invasions and it will go crazy!

"Half of your brain is that of a ten year old and the other half is that of a ten year old that chainsmokes and drinks his liver dead!" --Hagop Beegan

Apologies, it sounded better in my head.

Sicily ignores all other targets including the easy rebel settlements and goes straight for me I tried spain portugal venice milan moors hre byz turks egypt basically anything that can be reached. I am playing VH camp

If you're playing on vh campaign with the 1.1 patch, you might as well get used to a lot of random seabourne attacks in the future
    From wise men, O Lord, protect us -anon
    The death of one man is a tragedy; the death of millions, a statistic -Stalin
    We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area -UK military spokesman Major Mike Shearer

I play the leaked 1.02 got bout 200 hours on it by now (yes I got no life, I know)and the only way to get rid of the sicilians is to play them.
    Last edited by Gaius Terentius Varro; 05-01-2007 at 21:33.

Slaying Pagans near you! Member TeutonicKnight's Avatar

For me, it's the Spanish. Unless I'm playing them, they send an army at me no matter where I am. I am usually playing a Northern European faction, though.

Sicily never seems to amount to much in my games. They get Tunis, Corsica, the other island, and then tend to die off fairly quick.

They always attack the human player, especially if you are on VH. They launch their first attack in my France, Spanish, and Milan game. I surely they will do the same on portugal, venice, or what ever faction have a coast on southern Europe.

p.s. this is samiliar to what Greek was doing in RTW.

Dispensing plasmids one bacteria at a time...

For me, it's the Spanish. Unless I'm playing them, they send an army at me no matter where I am. I am usually playing a Northern European faction, though.

Sicily never seems to amount to much in my games. They get Tunis, Corsica, the other island, and then tend to die off fairly quick.
    Yes, those asfihjaofhjafhl afjha slfsfnl falkf Spanish. Little sons of guns attack me as often as they can, it seems, and are especially recalcitrant to ceasefires. And I really love it when the buggers attack me, and I get warned slash excommed by el Popeness for defending myself. Gar! If you've got territory in the western half of the map, the Spanucks will attack you. Often, just enough to screw up the delicate balance you've spent ages establishing wtih the Pope and the mentally handicapped Milanese...

"Its just like the story of the grasshopper and the octopus. All year long the grasshopper kept burying acorns for winter while the octopus mooched off his girlfriend and watched TV. Then the winter came, and the grasshopper died, and the octopus ate all his acorns and also he got a racecar. Is any of this getting through to you?"

--Fry, Futurama, the show that does not advocate the cool crime of robbery

What is interesting in my campaigns is that the Portugese always seem to go for that little castle on western England and always seems to end up beeting the Scottish and English to it

Ok I tried the Sicilians and found out why they attack everyone:

It's been like that last 60 years

Wow......that is quite sad that no one has done anything for that long.

Oh no these are stacks to be "cleared" problem is that they send new ones all the time:

Yeah the spanish...they are rather annoying...

I've installed 1.2 (L) and restarted the game with the English. Im currently warring against the french and Wales just got invaded by a Spanish Army...it was defeated though.
    Push it!--------------->
    "If its (Saucy Castle) walls were iron yet I would take it! - King Philip II Augustus
    "If walls were butter yet I would hold it!" - King Richard The Lion Heart

If you have any territory on the Mediterranean then, yeah, the Sicilians will always attack you even if it means leaving their land to be conquered by the HRE. If you have territory on the North Sea then it will be the Danes and/ or English.

Holy Roman Emperor Member Frederick_I_Barbarossa's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius Terentius Varro
    No matter what faction I start as they show up on turn 2 or 3 with their whole army and attack. I half expect to see them after starting russian campaign.

EDIT: Yes, you could have made a much better analogy ~sapi

I get this same thing, only with Venice...if you're playing as Byzantium, Hungary, HRE, or Milan, never fails...Venice will send forth some pathetic little group of troops around turn 5 or 10 just to start a damn war...
    Mod Lead for
    EUROPA CRUDUS

Learn more about it or *join the team* HERE