• Doenitz

9 30.00%
  • Jervis

3 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Summer Campaign-Naval Bracket

Kanto Kanrei Member Marshal Murat's Avatar

Default Summer Campaign-Naval Bracket

The High Seas are rife with the Admirals of all ages!

Rules
    There are 18 admirals to be offered.
    You vote for nine to continue on.
    I am trusting that you will honor this system of voting for nine.
    Choose your favorites.
    This poll will be open for 7 days.

"Nietzsche is dead" - God

"I agree, although I support China I support anyone discovering things for Science and humanity." - lenin96

Re: Pursuit of happiness
    Have you just been dumped?

I ask because it's usually something like that which causes outbursts like this, needless to say I dissagree completely.

Nobody Important Member Somebody Else's Avatar

Default Re: Summer Campaign-Naval Bracket

No Cochrane hmm..?
    Don't have any aspirations - they're doomed to fail.

Rumours...

Kanto Kanrei Member Marshal Murat's Avatar

You should have asked for him to be added.
    "Nietzsche is dead" - God

"I agree, although I support China I support anyone discovering things for Science and humanity." - lenin96

Re: Pursuit of happiness
    Have you just been dumped?

I ask because it's usually something like that which causes outbursts like this, needless to say I dissagree completely.

Wow yamamoto got more votes considering he lost the battle of midway to Nimitz...

Camel Lord Senior Member Capture The Flag Champion Martok's Avatar
    In my own little world....but it's okay, they know me there.

Quote Originally Posted by K COSSACK
    Wow yamamoto got more votes considering he lost the battle of midway to Nimitz...
    Yeah, but there's a couple of mitigating factors here:

1.) The Japanese high command interfered and "altered" his battle plan for Midway....and it wasn't for the better.

2.) We knew the Japs were coming (since we'd broken their codes).

I'm not saying Yamamoto actually deserves more votes than Nimitz, but I can understand why people might feel that he does.
    Last edited by Martok; 05-16-2007 at 01:00.
    "MTW is not a game, it's a way of life." -- drone

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K COSSACK
    Well, I hope he was getting votes for The Pearl Harbor strike as well as the "run wild" period from 12/15/41 through 5/15/42.
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by Seamus Fermanagh
    Well, I hope he was getting votes for The Pearl Harbor strike as well as the "run wild" period from 12/15/41 through 5/15/42.
    Wow, a raid any experianced admiral couldve done, Yamamoto I salute!

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

Merely suggesting that voting for Isoruku-san was almost certainly NOT because of the Midway campaign, but the earlier stuff. I too think Nimitz was better.

Won't matter much with this crowd. Nelson will solidly outpoint De Ruyter in the final.
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken