Thread: Unofficial vs Official 1.2?

Default Unofficial vs Official 1.2?

What are the differences between the two patches beyond the installer problem? Does anyone know what enhancements or fixes were not included in the unofficial version?

I have installed the Unofficial 1.2 patch, and have been enjoying the campaign thus far. I would prefer to finish my campaign and install the official 1.2 patch later, unless there are compelling reasons to install the new patch now.

Thanks.
    This is my world
    And I am
    World leader pretend

Default Re: Unofficial vs Official 1.2?

Where can one get the OFFICIAL patch from. It may just be interenet noobery on my part but i cant seem to find it.
    Last edited by Mithradates; 05-04-2007 at 17:26.
    "Money isnt the root of all evil, lack of money is."

(Mark Twain)

Are you implying that campaigns that have started on 1.1 and continued on the leaked 1.2 will not work with the official 1.2 patch?

Go to Totalwar.com and follow the links there to a site to download it.

Ricardus Insanusaum Member Bob the Insane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Furious Mental
    Are you implying that campaigns that have started on 1.1 and continued on the leaked 1.2 will not work with the official 1.2 patch?
    Well they have stated you must reinstall if you used the leaked patch, so your guess is as good as mine...

I work in software supported and often when we state something is not supported then it means we simply never tested it and have no idea what will happen if you try it (but if it burns your house down don't come running to us.. )...

blaaaaaaaaaarg! Senior Member Lusted's Avatar

One fix included in official patch that wasn't in the unofficial one:

Ballista/cannon tower bug fix. Just tested it, this bug has been fixed.

Patching now, if the Venetian armor bug is still there then I am going out and buying LOTR Online...

blaaaaaaaaaarg! Senior Member Lusted's Avatar

It's sort of fixed, in that for VHI they've used the modder fix of reversing the upgrades, for VA they haven't done this.

That's really lazy

I've experienced a lot of pathfinding bugs and strange behavior while seiging battles that I didn't have on the leaked patch. At least in the first 15 turns leaked is far better than official patch.

Interesting.

How long did the patch take to install?

You might be experiencing the issue wherin it doesn't install properly, displays as 1.2 but is really vanillia and has all the bugs associated with that...
    From wise men, O Lord, protect us -anon
    The death of one man is a tragedy; the death of millions, a statistic -Stalin
    We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area -UK military spokesman Major Mike Shearer

The patch took around a half hour or more to install. I didn't time it but it took awhile. Also it said version 1.02 when I checked.

Edit: I completely uninstalled the game and all previous patches then deleted the folder. Then reinstalled the game and then the patch.

how do you get the battle editor to be in the opeing screen ?
    There Can Only Be WAR!!!!!
    I bid You Stand Men of the west

this is my army

One major comment: thankfully, all my 1.2(L) files have decided they want to run on 1.2 official, which makes me very very happy since I've been messing with them a lot. I confirmed that my 1.2 install took, too, by fighting the traditional spearmen against peasants battle. Spears won.

Also, it appears that 1.2(L) campaigns may be loading correctly in 1.2(O). I examined my various characters and didn't find anything immediately wrong with their traits, and everything else seems as I left it as well.

As for any differences good or bad (aside from the ballista/cannon tower fix), it's too early to tell really. One thing caught my attention in a siege assault I fought, though. I flanked with some knights, setting them up to charge down a straight road into the city square while other units occupied the majority of the enemy force frontally. To my surprise, a unit of mailed knights actually charged at my knights... before I even sent them at the square! I honestly don't think I've ever seen the AI respond to a potential threat like that before my unit was even near it, and in fact every other time I've lined up knights to charge in a city, the AI just stood there waiting for it. Just a guess here, but it appears to me that AI resource allocation (how it assigns its units to offensive/defensive tasks) and threat prioritizing have been tweaked to work better. I'm very hopeful that this means the AI is now much more capable of dealing with threats from different directions effectively, as its inability to react to any sort of flanking maneuver was a big weakness. I'm also assuming the reports of passive AI will be gone since that was one big reason they've given for delaying the patch, so if no one ever mentions it again, that'll be a big plus in the official patch column.

See my Sig+ below! (Don't see it? Get info here)

Pretentious Title Member ENSAIS's Avatar

[QUOTE=Foz] Just a guess here, but it appears to me that AI resource allocation (how it assigns its units to offensive/defensive tasks) and threat prioritizing have been tweaked to work better. I'm very hopeful that this means the AI is now much more capable of dealing with threats from different directions effectively, as its inability to react to any sort of flanking maneuver was a big weakness. [QUOTE]

now THAT would be one heck of an improvement to AI!... and sounds pretty cool to me!