Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Faction Thread 3: Skaven

Default Re: Faction Thread 3: Skaven

Are sure? It looks more like milkshape.

Well, I looked at a screen grab from 3DS Max.Perhaps we're talking about different pics?

Warhammer: Total War Team Member Alletun's Avatar

The only picture that have been released of the skaven is a screenshot from 3dsmax.

Ah. thanks Alletun and you too Dreq-Kai.

Awesome Cold One Knight Member Goncalou's Avatar

Question Re: Re : Faction Thread 3: Skaven

Quote Originally Posted by Meneldil
    I know this isn't doable with MTW2 engine, but having Screaming Bells on a battlefield would have been great

As for the Warplock Jezzails, how do you plan to make them ? Have them working as regular handgunners ?
    Wouldnt u be able to make the screaming bells like the giant cross in mtw2, so they inspire morale or something like that.
    It's a fool's race to be run, if all is lost if it be won.

Annoying Warhammer know-it-all Member DrZoidberg's Avatar

Default Re: Re : Faction Thread 3: Skaven

Quote Originally Posted by Goncalou
    Wouldnt u be able to make the screaming bells like the giant cross in mtw2, so they inspire morale or something like that.
    This has already been covered. Read through this thread and you'll have your answer.
    Sorry you must have been boring. -Dr Zoidberg

I'd like to suggest that keeping Skaven as one faction is the right way to go. They don't have all that many independant settlements in the beginning, so I think splitting them is just too much.

slave slingers could be included. Very, very cheap unit, lowest moral possible, does little more than take up space.

The idea to make clan buildings an exclusive temple line is great.

Ratswarms would be sick too, along with warpfire throwers and ratling guns

Having them seperate factions would realistic represent the Skaven political situation (AKA, united they could conquer the world, but they'd rather infight)
    Therefore a skaven player's goal would be to first unite or conquer all skaven clans, and then set about world domination

When you're making the names list for the Skaven "family members", this might come in handy:
    http://uk.games-workshop.com/skaven/name-generator/1/

As Caradrayan pointed out skaven don't have that many settlements to begin with and the ones they do are fairly spread out so separating them into different factions would probably mean an early death. Don't like the idea of separate temples for clans, there's no problem with fielding different clans in the same army in the tabletop. Also we don't have a way to accurately represent the network of underground tunnels which connect skaven settlements, allowing them to move troops around. limiting troop types by settlement would put a skaven player at a serious disadvantage given the distances between some of their settlements.

Cuiser makes a good point, but I'm so wedded to the idea of temple lines for clan troops, I will suggest a comprimise: basic clan troops like globadiers, night runners, and giant rats should be recruited generally, and 1 elite unit from each clan can be temple (clan building) specific. Rat ogres, jezzails, and censer bearers would be my suggestion for exclusive access.

Awesome Cold One Knight Member Goncalou's Avatar

Yeah rat ogres, they'll crush the normal ones cause rats have claws and teeth.
    It's a fool's race to be run, if all is lost if it be won.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234