Thread: Glory of Persepolis' goes on screen in response to insulting movie `300'

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    EB II Romani Consul Suffectus Member Zaknafien's Avatar
    Somewhere inside the Military-Industrial Complex

Default Glory of Persepolis' goes on screen in response to insulting movie `300'

Glory of Persepolis' goes on screen in response to insulting movie `300'
    Tehran, May 1, IRNA

Iran-Movie-Persepolis
    A number of experts and critics attending the screening and analysis session of the documentary dubbed `Glory of Persepolis' said that it reflects the dignity of Iranians and Persepolis, adding that it is a proper response to the insulting Hollywood movie `300'.

The screening of a new series of films started at Nour film house of Imam Ali (AS) Religious Arts Museum on Monday afternoon and `Glory of Persepolis' was the first film that was screened and analyzed.

The session was attended by the producer of this documentary, Hossein Hazrati and Head of Parseh Research Foundation
    Mohammad-Hassan Talebian among others.

Speaking at the session, Talebian said that this cinematic project was proposed by Iran's Cultural Heritage Organization in 2003.

"The production of the proposed film was materialized through the efforts of the Parseh Research Foundation team working on
    it, which is now used to introduce Persepolis to visitors and give them an idea on this world famous ancient monument prior to touring it," he added.

"Based on the research conducted at the foundation on the scientific progress and outstanding technologies of the era, it was found that the technology of the period was ahead of its own time, some examples of which are just being used today.

Film critic, Reza Dorostkar, also attending the session, dismissed the idea of preserving the Iranians identity and history through incitement of their feelings.

"Today, we need to produce films aiming to revive our historical monuments that will provide the opportunity to observe historical facts and at the same time get introduced to the history," he added.

On his part, the producer of the documentary expounded on the film and the relevant book, adding that it is the fruit of sincere efforts of all those involved in the project.

"In the process of production, it was attempted to consider the views of domestic and foreign experts, researchers and
    archaeologists," said Hazrati.

"urbani, seruate uxores: moechum caluom adducimus. / aurum in Gallia effutuisti, hic sumpsisti mutuum." --Suetonius, Life of Caesar

Villiage Idiot Member antisocialmunky's Avatar

Default Re: Glory of Persepolis' goes on screen in response to insulting movie `300'

As long as it isn't equally insulting... go Persia!
    Fighting isn't about winning, it's about depriving your enemy of all options except to lose.

"Hi, Billy Mays Here!" 1958-2009

Celtic Cataphracts!!!! Member The Celt's Avatar

Post Re: Glory of Persepolis' goes on screen in response to insulting movie `300'

I'd be surprised if the Mullahs let this one through their blacklist as they usually ban anything pre-Islamic Persian. Hence why we haven't seen many historical flicks from Iran at all really.
    Achtungaz!!! You vill all zavmit to zeh Svveboz!!!!

Currently rising to power as:

Default Re: Glory of Persepolis' goes on screen in response to insulting movie `300'

Quote Originally Posted by The Celt
    I'd be surprised if the Mullahs let this one through their blacklist as they usually ban anything pre-Islamic Persian. Hence why we haven't seen many historical flicks from Iran at all really.
    And that is a damn shame!

You like EB? Buy CA games.

Come to daddy Member Geoffrey S's Avatar

Yeah, they are a bit selective about defending 'their' cultural heritage. Still, better late than never I guess.
    "The facts of history cannot be purely objective, since they become facts of history only in virtue of the significance attached to them by the historian." E.H. Carr

You know Iran has got the dumbest propaganda people sometimes . There are hundreds of ways they could mess with Pre-Islamic Iran and make it how they want . Instead they try to ban it .

Join the Army: A Pontic AAR
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=96984
    ...uh coptic mother****er:A Makuria Comedy AAR
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...93#post1814493

Muckomania or the Muckster Member mucky305's Avatar
    Located at the Bottom of a Lake, Right next to that Chick with the Sword

Does the film start with a mushroom cloud over a picture of the US on a map? Unfortunately, I think that the modern Iran is way behind the Persian Empire....well the Persians didn't have nukes.....did they?

- Drink the Kool-Aid
    'Anonymous'

EB II Romani Consul Suffectus Member Zaknafien's Avatar
    Somewhere inside the Military-Industrial Complex

Quote Originally Posted by russia almighty
    You know Iran has got the dumbest propaganda people sometimes . There are hundreds of ways they could mess with Pre-Islamic Iran and make it how they want . Instead they try to ban it .
    hey, the US resents that remark. US propagandists are pretty dumb too!

I think that the modern Iran is way behind the Persian Empire....well the Persians didn't have nukes.....did they?
    well neither does Iran

"urbani, seruate uxores: moechum caluom adducimus. / aurum in Gallia effutuisti, hic sumpsisti mutuum." --Suetonius, Life of Caesar

"insulting movie `300'", they must be very sensitive people to be insulted by a movie based on a comic.
    The movie was "Entertainment", wether you liked the movie or not I could not care less, and Im not going to argue and try to change anyones opinion.
    Has it got to the point where a movie must be "politically correct".
    What part of the movie was considered insulting ?

I have not met an Iranian that I did not like - people are people - not governments. Most people can get along just fine until disinformation gets circulated which then starts polarization (all part of the propaganda machine run by who - the governments).
    I watched the 300 and thought it was OK. I knew that it would demonize the Persians and I also know that the Persians during this time were more civilized socially and politically than the Greeks (no slam intended against the Greeks) but the Persians did not decide a infants fate at the time of birth like the Spartans did, let alone leaving them to die if they were unfit for life.
    This was a Greek story told by Greeks - why is anyone surprised of the portrayal of their arch enemy the Persians.

Ambassador of Bartix Member Tiberius Nero's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Plebian#10
    This was a Greek story told by Greeks - why is anyone surprised of the portrayal of their arch enemy the Persians.
    Because we actually have portrayals of the story by Greeks and they don't look one bit like 300. Read the "Persians" of Aeschylus to see how on the one hand Greek victory is celebrated all the while showing considerable sympathy for the plight of the enemy. The scene is the Persian court, when the news of the defeat arrive. Not one Greek is present on stage. Everything is shown from the Persian point of view. And this was written by a man who fought against the Persians in Salamis.

Let's not hear that argument again, that 300 somehow is kosher, because this is how Greeks saw their enemies, it doesn't hold a drop of water.

EDIT: Watchman, I don't disagree with what you say, as I have said it is indeed about "West vs East" and everything those stand for in popular perception of them; I just responded to some attack on a point no one has seriously maintained here.
    Last edited by Tiberius Nero; 05-10-2007 at 17:44.
    Wow, got 3 ballons in one fell swoop

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberius Nero
    Let's not hear that argument again, that 300 somehow is kosher, because this is how Greeks saw their enemies, it doesn't hold a drop of water.
    There were Greeks and there were Greeks...
    Greeks who liked Persians and Greek who hated them...
    Greeks who could be fair about an enemy and Greeks who couldn't

Of course this is probably like Greeks saw the war - some greeks...
    Other Greeks of course might have had a completely diffrent view of things...
    "Cum vellet, congrederetur: intellecturum, quid invicti Germani, exercitatissimi in armis, qui inter annos xiiii tectum non subissent, virtute possent."
    Ariovist in Ceasar's De Bello Gallico

Ming the Merciless is my idol Senior Member Watchman's Avatar

That's not a very solid house of cards you're building there.
    "Let us remember that there are multiple theories of Intelligent Design. I and many others around the world are of the strong belief that the universe was created by a Flying Spaghetti Monster. --- Proof of the existence of the FSM, if needed, can be found in the recent uptick of global warming, earthquakes, hurricanes, and other natural disasters. Apparently His Pastaness is to be worshipped in full pirate regalia. The decline in worldwide pirate population over the past 200 years directly corresponds with the increase in global temperature. Here is a graph to illustrate the point."

-Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster

Wait! I don't want to say: "The film is good because it shows the events as some greeks saw it!"
    That indeed would be a poor argument - I know.
    All I was saying is: From one source you can not say how a people (or a group of peoples) percepted an event...
    "Cum vellet, congrederetur: intellecturum, quid invicti Germani, exercitatissimi in armis, qui inter annos xiiii tectum non subissent, virtute possent."
    Ariovist in Ceasar's De Bello Gallico

Ambassador of Bartix Member Tiberius Nero's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles Sueborum
    There were Greeks and there were Greeks...
    Greeks who liked Persians and Greek who hated them...
    Greeks who could be fair about an enemy and Greeks who couldn't

Of course this is probably like Greeks saw the war - some greeks...
    Other Greeks of course might have had a completely diffrent view of things...
    I brought my proof, you bring yours. The man who wrote the "Persians" fought against them. The "Persians" weren't a novel to be read by Athenian leftists and intellectuals, it was a play shown on stage to be watched by all Athenian citizens. Show me one piece of art that depicts a Persian as a subhuman monster and I might start seeing that theory as remotely valid.
    Wow, got 3 ballons in one fell swoop

Two wrongs don't make a right children.

Rabbit heartily recommends these EB AARs.
    Dreams of An Empire --- History Channel Presents: the Histories of Timaeus --- Battle for the Silk Road
    ...but he's a newb, so don't listen to him.

Muckomania or the Muckster Member mucky305's Avatar
    Located at the Bottom of a Lake, Right next to that Chick with the Sword

that 300 movie sure was good!

- Drink the Kool-Aid
    'Anonymous'

Quote Originally Posted by mucky305
    I disagree!

Quote Originally Posted by mucky305
    You know If you said that in a crowded street you could start a riot.

You should do it.

Any word on Glory of Persepolis?

But I bet the action wont be as good as 300.

Quote Originally Posted by K COSSACK
    Any word on Glory of Persepolis?

But I bet the action wont be as good as 300.
    http://www.gloryofpersepolis.com/

For all your Glory of Persepolis needs!

Still no video though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEI6YwE4VWU

I guess this will have to do in the meantime. Nutcases away! To the persecutionmobile!