Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Reign of Ares (tbs, city mod, new units, fixes and more) to eb with bi

Default Re: Reign of Ares (tbs, city mod, new units, fixes and more) to eb with bi

Yes , you are right . Only Numidians and mayby Pont and Dacia (but another time) units trained by Romans(some is deserter) but this is "roman style "tactic and units but equipment is not this same as romans legionist

Default Re: Reign of Ares (tbs, city mod, new units, fixes and more) to eb with bi

Sorry Thorlof, but could you please confirm me that your post is supposed to say that:
    Only Numidians, Pontics and Dacia (later) had units trained by Romans. Some of these Romans were deserters.
    But those "units with Roman influence" use Roman tactics but not exactly the same equipment as the Roman legionarys.
    But what has this to do with those "Legionaroi" being mis-interpreted Thorakitai and therefore being historical inaccurate? I'm confused again

Speak up for those who were silenced forever.
    Visit https://www.HellenicGenocide.org

Thorakitai is only one type this units -another look to stelle from sidon or figures from this times or...look Montvert. This legionaroi is only one type romanized units.

Ah, now I understand. there is some evidence for roman-influenced units, and it is debeatable whether the Thorakitai are these or if they are just one type of them. So I can continue playing with the feeling of an historical accurate campaign

OK then how about the number of units I know its qiute realistic in scale but I wanted battles that can cover the whole map..can Thorlof pls make another version with maximizing the number of men in the battlefield
    Medieval Auctoriso Modder
    BETA TESTA OF ANO DOMINI
    BETA TESTA OF Rise of Kings
    BETA TESTA OF Darthmod

Ming the Merciless is my idol Senior Member Watchman's Avatar

Say, I've been looking through the formation files and and started wondering about one thing, namely the unit_type parameters "light_pilum_infantry" and "heavy_pilum_infantry". Any idea what exactly counts as those ? Infantry with precursors, infantry with pilums for their ranged attack, or infantry identified as "light" or "heavy" "pilum" infantry by the relevant EDU lines (which none currently are)?
    Last edited by Watchman; 05-03-2007 at 22:43.
    "Let us remember that there are multiple theories of Intelligent Design. I and many others around the world are of the strong belief that the universe was created by a Flying Spaghetti Monster. --- Proof of the existence of the FSM, if needed, can be found in the recent uptick of global warming, earthquakes, hurricanes, and other natural disasters. Apparently His Pastaness is to be worshipped in full pirate regalia. The decline in worldwide pirate population over the past 200 years directly corresponds with the increase in global temperature. Here is a graph to illustrate the point."

-Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster

I'm really enjoying the mod so far, the only thing I would change is the high cost of cavalry.

I know whats causing the toggle_fow thing now, it was the other minimods. I had to do a clean install.

So the CTD When exiting is one of the problems right? I hope it will get fixed in a next release.
    Europa Barbarorum is best mod ever...

G3N3RAL GR13V0US -mayby in next relase 2 version with 1/10 scale and 1/1 scale with low cost ? But this is mayby crazy idea.
    Watchman-this is working with pilum infantry. In others precursors- i dont now , but this is good idea to testing. But if You use only formation ai , you must change line unit_density loose, close
    to unit_density close, loose
    this is simple in edit -change all. In RoA (and TBS) some barbarian units with warcry attributes use pseudo shield wall in defence.
    MButcher- cavalry cost is high only in hellenistic states and some cartaginian units.
    Xhin_Akuma- only 1 ctd- in quit from campaign. I testing now 189 bc and dont have another ctd.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorlof
    Watchman-this is working with pilum infantry. In others precursors- i dont now , but this is good idea to testing. But if You use only formation ai , you must change line unit_density loose, close
    to unit_density close, loose
    this is simple in edit -change all. In RoA (and TBS) some barbarian units with warcry attributes use pseudo shield wall in defence.
    Good point. Will do.
    "Let us remember that there are multiple theories of Intelligent Design. I and many others around the world are of the strong belief that the universe was created by a Flying Spaghetti Monster. --- Proof of the existence of the FSM, if needed, can be found in the recent uptick of global warming, earthquakes, hurricanes, and other natural disasters. Apparently His Pastaness is to be worshipped in full pirate regalia. The decline in worldwide pirate population over the past 200 years directly corresponds with the increase in global temperature. Here is a graph to illustrate the point."

Thorloff, I asked you about CTD in case of a rebel city. I read you have the fix. But after only 4 turns I let Rhegion rebel and the consequence was a CTD. Therefore I still believe that playing with BI, especially your mod can be very tedious and frustrating. I hate CTD when cities rebel. This is a fact that the player cannot control all the time and it can lead to a turn that you just can not pass over. and then endgame.
    von Neurath

I, addded rebel fix but not 100% working.Sometime is ctd.This is not my work.My minimod can be very tedious and frustrating ???

I meant having the same number of trrops as vannila one ie Legionares with eagle has 260 men...etc.or change the scale to 1:4 or 1:6 I have no idea if thats posible or what
    BETA TESTA OF ANO DOMINI
    BETA TESTA OF Darthmod

Asia ton Barbaron mapper Member Pharnakes's Avatar

Smile Re: Reign of Ares (tbs, city mod, new units, fixes and more) to eb with bi

I can't download this, when I tried it would get to anything from 3% to 30%, then stop downloading. When I clicked off the downloader and onto it again, it would no longer say % complete, but "file download". I tried several times and the registered for file front incase that would make any difference, but now I can't even get onto the file info screen from the link, as the page dosen't load. I have tried saving the target of the link and then oppening the page from the desktopbut that dosen't work either. I have also tried logging out of fileshack but that doesen't seem to help either. Any help would be appricated.

Thanks guys.
    Asia ton Barbaron The new eastern mod for eb!

Laziest member of the team My red balloons, as red as the blood of he who mentioned Galatians.
    Roma Victor!

Yous ee gishes?

The Aspiring God Of War Member Lysander13's Avatar
    Leading the assault against the Gods at Mount Olympos itself.

But if You use only formation ai , you must change line unit_density loose, close to unit_density close, loose
    this is simple in edit -change all.
    I'm interested in using only the Sinuhet/Darth formations aspect of your mod with the 81a build. I wasn't exactly clear on what you wrote as far as editing the formation files if one is only going to use the formations aspect of your mod. Is this what you mean? In the text file this line needs to be changed for all....

unit_density close

changed to

unit_density loose

Is that what your saying?
    Also, does this change need to be done for both descr_formations.txt as well as descr_formations_ai.txt??

I had my first CTD with this mod. I was playing as Lusitanians. It seems to be the Hayasdan-turn CTD, but i can't bypass it by trying it several times. Sadly have to quit that campaign. I started to like it...
    Last edited by Basileus Seleukeia; 05-05-2007 at 16:56.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysander13
    I'm interested in using only the Sinuhet/Darth formations aspect of your mod with the 81a build. I wasn't exactly clear on what you wrote as far as editing the formation files if one is only going to use the formations aspect of your mod. Is this what you mean? In the text file this line needs to be changed for all....

unit_density close

changed to

unit_density loose

Is that what your saying?
    Also, does this change need to be done for both descr_formations.txt as well as descr_formations_ai.txt??
    No only change loose, close to close,loose or close but this is only for eb with bi (schield_wall , schiltrom) only in descr_formations_ai
    descr_formations is clear darth i dont have change this file.
    Hayasadan ctd this is big problem in eb .Mayby next relase or new fix change this bug.
    Last edited by Thorlof; 05-05-2007 at 17:07.

The Aspiring God Of War Member Lysander13's Avatar
    Leading the assault against the Gods at Mount Olympos itself.

Got it...Thanks Thorloff..It appears i managed to mangle what you were saying the first time around.

I'm playing a Hayasdan campaign at the moment I saw that I can't build Armenian Noble Cataphracts, in no region at all. That's strange because in the EDU and EDB everything seems right.

I CTD evrytime after I press quit
    BETA TESTA OF ANO DOMINI
    BETA TESTA OF Darthmod

I CTD evrytime after I press quit
    Unfortunately yes this is problem.
    I'm playing a Hayasdan campaign at the moment I saw that I can't build Armenian Noble Cataphracts, in no region at all. That's strange because in the EDU and EDB everything seems right.
    yes this is strange. I play now Hayasdan and check this.

Well can I request for a larger (bit) than vannila amount of figures(men) on the battlefield eg 260-300 men each???. I just love the new formation + phalanxes omg the best +all the new units.
    BETA TESTA OF ANO DOMINI
    BETA TESTA OF Darthmod

Quote Originally Posted by G3N3RAL GR13V0US
    Well can I request for a larger (bit) than vannila amount of figures(men) on the battlefield eg 260-300 men each???. I just love the new formation + phalanxes omg the best +all the new units.
    240 is a hardcoded maximum. I find the 1:6 scale provides the best balance of large units, with a consistent scaling.

yes this is strange. I play now Hayasdan and check this.
    It's the same with the armoured horse archers. they are only available in Armavir (the starting city). But I can't imagine how this can happen, in the EDB and EDU everything is right.... or does it just seem to be right?

I know that with the vanilla EB EDB the Hai catas aren't recruitable in Armavir. I fixed the matter by adapting the recruitement line of the royal guard infantry (who are recruitable in exactly two locales from the top-level faction MIC, one of these being just Armavir), but I don't know if Thorlof's done something similar.

The cata archers worked properly IIRC though.

eastern cavalry nakhararakan aspet,eastern missile cavalry zrahakir netadzik this units ?

Yes, these units. I just found out that in Ani-Kamah, I can also build Armoured Horse Archers, but still no Cataphracts.

eastern missile cavalry zrahakir netadzik this units is
    recruit "eastern missile cavalry zrahakir netadzik" 0 requires factions { romans_scipii, } and hidden_resource EA and hidden_resource C and hidden_resource y1 and hidden_resource n2 and hidden_resource n4 and hidden_resource n8
    recruit "eastern missile cavalry zrahakir netadzik" 0 requires factions { romans_scipii, } and hidden_resource SW and hidden_resource D and hidden_resource n1 and hidden_resource n2 and hidden_resource y4 and hidden_resource y8
    eastern cavalry nakhararakan aspet is
    recruit "eastern cavalry nakhararakan aspet" 0 requires factions { romans_scipii, } and hidden_resource SW and hidden_resource B and hidden_resource n1 and hidden_resource n2 and hidden_resource y4 and hidden_resource n8
    recruit "eastern cavalry nakhararakan aspet" 0 requires factions { romans_scipii, } and hidden_resource NW and hidden_resource A and hidden_resource n1 and hidden_resource n2 and hidden_resource y4 and hidden_resource n8
    recruit "eastern cavalry nakhararakan aspet" 0 requires factions { romans_scipii, } and hidden_resource NW and hidden_resource B and hidden_resource y1 and hidden_resource y2 and hidden_resource n4 and hidden_resource y8
    recruit "eastern cavalry nakhararakan aspet" 0 requires factions { romans_scipii, } and hidden_resource NW and hidden_resource A and hidden_resource y1 and hidden_resource n2 and hidden_resource n4 and hidden_resource n8
    recruit "eastern cavalry nakhararakan aspet" 0 requires factions { romans_scipii, } and hidden_resource NW and hidden_resource B and hidden_resource y1 and hidden_resource n2 and hidden_resource y4 and hidden_resource y8
    recruit "eastern cavalry nakhararakan aspet" 0 requires factions { romans_scipii, } and hidden_resource SW and hidden_resource D and hidden_resource n1 and hidden_resource n2 and hidden_resource n4 and hidden_resource n8
    recruit "eastern cavalry nakhararakan aspet" 0 requires factions { romans_scipii, } and hidden_resource NW and hidden_resource A and hidden_resource n1 and hidden_resource y2 and hidden_resource n4 and hidden_resource n8
    recruit "eastern cavalry nakhararakan aspet" 0 requires factions { romans_scipii, } and hidden_resource SW and hidden_resource B and hidden_resource y1 and hidden_resource n2 and hidden_resource n4 and hidden_resource n8
    recruit "eastern cavalry nakhararakan aspet" 0 requires factions { romans_scipii, } and hidden_resource NW and hidden_resource B and hidden_resource n1 and hidden_resource n2 and hidden_resource y4 and hidden_resource y8
    recruit "eastern cavalry nakhararakan aspet" 0 requires factions { romans_scipii, } and hidden_resource SW and hidden_resource B and hidden_resource y1 and hidden_resource y2 and hidden_resource n4 and hidden_resource n8
    recruit "eastern cavalry nakhararakan aspet" 0 requires factions { romans_scipii, } and hidden_resource NW and hidden_resource B and hidden_resource n1 and hidden_resource n2 and hidden_resource n4 and hidden_resource n8
    recruit "eastern cavalry nakhararakan aspet" 0 requires factions { romans_scipii, } and hidden_resource NW and hidden_resource B and hidden_resource n1 and hidden_resource y2 and hidden_resource y4 and hidden_resource y8
    recruit "eastern cavalry nakhararakan aspet" 0 requires factions { romans_scipii, } and hidden_resource NW and hidden_resource B and hidden_resource n1 and hidden_resource y2 and hidden_resource n4 and hidden_resource y8
    recruit "eastern cavalry nakhararakan aspet" 0 requires factions { romans_scipii, } and hidden_resource NW and hidden_resource C and hidden_resource y1 and hidden_resource y2 and hidden_resource y4 and hidden_resource n8
    recruit "eastern cavalry nakhararakan aspet" 0 requires factions { romans_scipii, } and hidden_resource SW and hidden_resource C and hidden_resource n1 and hidden_resource y2 and hidden_resource y4 and hidden_resource n8
    recruit "eastern cavalry nakhararakan aspet" 0 requires factions { romans_scipii, } and hidden_resource NW and hidden_resource B and hidden_resource y1 and hidden_resource y2 and hidden_resource y4 and hidden_resource y8
    recruit "eastern cavalry nakhararakan aspet" 0 requires factions { romans_scipii, } and hidden_resource SW and hidden_resource B and hidden_resource n1 and hidden_resource y2 and hidden_resource n4 and hidden_resource n8
    recruit "eastern cavalry nakhararakan aspet" 0 requires factions { romans_scipii, } and hidden_resource NW and hidden_resource C and hidden_resource n1 and hidden_resource y2 and hidden_resource n4 and hidden_resource n8
    recruit "eastern cavalry nakhararakan aspet" 0 requires factions { romans_scipii, } and hidden_resource NW and hidden_resource A and hidden_resource y1 and hidden_resource y2 and hidden_resource n4 and hidden_resource n8
    this is from EDB in royal barrack- and dont recruit ? Strange, i play as Hai and if i build rb look this bug

Sorry, I don't quite understand what you're saying. Are you able to recruit Armenian Cataphracts and Armoured Horse Archers?
    Last edited by Basileus Seleukeia; 05-07-2007 at 17:28.

Code:
    recruit "eastern cavalry nakhararakan aspet" 0 requires factions { romans_scipii, } and hidden_resource NW and hidden_resource C and hidden_resource n1 and hidden_resource y2 and hidden_resource n4 and hidden_resource n8
    recruit "eastern cavalry nakhararakan aspet" 0 requires factions { romans_scipii, } and hidden_resource NW and hidden_resource A and hidden_resource y1 and hidden_resource y2 and hidden_resource n4 and hidden_resource n8
    recruit "eastern cavalry nakhararakan aspet" 0 requires factions { romans_scipii, } and hidden_resource EA and hidden_resource C and hidden_resource y1 and hidden_resource n2 and hidden_resource n4 and hidden_resource n8
    recruit "eastern cavalry nakhararakan aspet" 0 requires factions { romans_scipii, } and hidden_resource EA and hidden_resource C and hidden_resource y1 and hidden_resource y2 and hidden_resource n4 and hidden_resource n8
    recruit "eastern infantry nakhararakan tiknapah" 0 requires factions { romans_scipii, } and hidden_resource EA and hidden_resource C and hidden_resource y1 and hidden_resource n2 and hidden_resource n4 and hidden_resource n8
    recruit "eastern infantry nakhararakan tiknapah" 0 requires factions { romans_scipii, } and hidden_resource EA and hidden_resource C and hidden_resource y1 and hidden_resource y2 and hidden_resource n4 and hidden_resource n8
    In my experience you'll need the two bolded and italicized lines to be able to recruit the Aspets in Armavir at least (I'm guessing the other settlement is Ani-Kamah).

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast