Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Reign of Ares (tbs, city mod, new units, fixes and more) to eb with bi

Default Re: Reign of Ares (tbs, city mod, new units, fixes and more) to eb with bi

It's weird, I cant even recruit Armenian Cataphracts in Ani-Kamah. But thanks for the help!

Speak up for those who were silenced forever.
    Visit https://www.HellenicGenocide.org

Asia ton Barbaron mapper Member Pharnakes's Avatar

Smile Re: Reign of Ares (tbs, city mod, new units, fixes and more) to eb with bi

Quote Originally Posted by Pharnakes
    I can't download this, when I tried it would get to anything from 3% to 30%, then stop downloading. When I clicked off the downloader and onto it again, it would no longer say % complete, but "file download". I tried several times and the registered for file front incase that would make any difference, but now I can't even get onto the file info screen from the link, as the page dosen't load. I have tried saving the target of the link and then oppening the page from the desktopbut that dosen't work either. I have also tried logging out of fileshack but that doesen't seem to help either. Any help would be appricated.

Thanks guys.

I realy want to play this mod, please, please has anybody got any suggestions how to sucesefuly download this mod?

Edit: Sorry no need to bother, I just downloaded it at a friends house
    Last edited by Pharnakes; 05-07-2007 at 22:04.
    Asia ton Barbaron The new eastern mod for eb!

Laziest member of the team My red balloons, as red as the blood of he who mentioned Galatians.
    Roma Victor!

Yous ee gishes?

Asia ton Barbaron mapper Member Pharnakes's Avatar

Smile Re: Reign of Ares (tbs, city mod, new units, fixes and more) to eb with bi

Does this mod include fixed money scripts?
    Asia ton Barbaron The new eastern mod for eb!

Laziest member of the team My red balloons, as red as the blood of he who mentioned Galatians.
    Roma Victor!

Yous ee gishes?

Default Re: Reign of Ares (tbs, city mod, new units, fixes and more) to eb with bi

As far as I can see, it doesn't. Just use Redmeth's ore The_Errant's, they're far better than the standard EB-MoneyforendlessAIhordes-Script.

The Aspiring God Of War Member Lysander13's Avatar
    Leading the assault against the Gods at Mount Olympos itself.

Question for Thorloff...

I've been looking thru the formations_ai.txt files for both your TBS.31 version and now your current RoA version of this file. The current RoA version is pretty much completely altered from your .31 version. Rather, i should say, certain values were completely changed. To be more specific i'll use 2 of the most changed lines.

default_melee_state

block_relative_pos

These 2 values you've changed significantly from your .31 version to your current RoA version of the _ai.txt file. I'm assuming you've tested these changes along with the others you made in this file as it relates to AI behavior on the battlefield. Would you be kind enough to share your findings??
    I'm very interested in attempting to improve AI battlefield behavior in my version of EB and i'm using your .31 version as a base for experimenting and testing. Unfortunately, my recreational time is somewhat limited so i don't get to test as often as i'd like. So any insights on your findings as it relates to the changes you've made would be appreciated.

Well can i request a unit file where the scale is max already to the hardcoded 240* limit of figures??? I just wanna see the deep phalanxes or the big romani legion marching forward
    Medieval Auctoriso Modder
    BETA TESTA OF ANO DOMINI
    BETA TESTA OF Rise of Kings
    BETA TESTA OF Darthmod

Sorry Lysander , my english is very bad to explanation You .But this is excuse from Darth https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=53604. But I working with Sinuhet 2 orders in default_melee_state (3 sometime dont work) and myself testing others commend. Ai in battlefield this is not only formation ai but very importance is stat_fire_delay in EDU.
    G3N3RAL GR13V0US hardcoded is 240 .

I know that its hardcoded to 240...atm the riegn of ares unit figures are (the highest atm are the gallic units up to 202)..Im just requesting if you thorlof can put it to 240 please.....
    BETA TESTA OF ANO DOMINI
    BETA TESTA OF Darthmod

Barbarian units in fix and next units -240-200 units in infantry( 200 to 240, 150-200)

The Aspiring God Of War Member Lysander13's Avatar
    Leading the assault against the Gods at Mount Olympos itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorlof
    Sorry Lysander , my english is very bad to explanation You .But this is excuse from Darth https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=53604. But I working with Sinuhet 2 orders in default_melee_state (3 sometime dont work) and myself testing others commend. Ai in battlefield this is not only formation ai but very importance is stat_fire_delay in EDU.
    G3N3RAL GR13V0US hardcoded is 240 .
    No problem Thorloff...I wasn't really looking for an explanation as for what the default_melee_state & block_relative_position lines do anyway. I've read both DV guides inside and out several times so i'm pretty clear as to what does what according to DV. I was more interested in what you found in your tests as a result of changing those values significantly from one version to the next in your ai formation file in your mod. I was just hoping to save time is all...No biggie...I'll just test the differences myself and compare those differences to what the original Sinuhet code in his 7.0 version was trying to accomplish. All i need is actual time to do this....

just installed mod and i got some really strange/insanely huge upkeep prices; elephants are now 6000 and most of the units were mostly all around 1000 upkeep. did i install it wrong?

No, you didn't. Some of the prices are realy too high at the moment, but it is very much playable. And it is only the case with hellenic heavy cavalry. and Elephants are supposed to be expensive

Thorlof, I've found another bug: It is one of the sauromatean starting citys, Uspe. There are two royal herds buildings, and if I try to destroy one, the game crashes. It must be related to your mod because in vanilla EB that town only starts with a trader.

Thanx Basileus. I must see this bug.

This is fix to Roa 1.0 http://files.filefront.com/RoA10fixr.../fileinfo.html - some change in EDU and mount, elephantfix, rebuild formation with new.This is small fix-save working.
    And TBS 0.41 (only battle system to clean EB) http://files.filefront.com/TBS041rar.../fileinfo.html
    In folders alternative EDU - number troops from clean eB

Looks nice, I'll test it out

Ming the Merciless is my idol Senior Member Watchman's Avatar

New formation files ? Neat !
    *proceeds to 'elevate' them*
    "Let us remember that there are multiple theories of Intelligent Design. I and many others around the world are of the strong belief that the universe was created by a Flying Spaghetti Monster. --- Proof of the existence of the FSM, if needed, can be found in the recent uptick of global warming, earthquakes, hurricanes, and other natural disasters. Apparently His Pastaness is to be worshipped in full pirate regalia. The decline in worldwide pirate population over the past 200 years directly corresponds with the increase in global temperature. Here is a graph to illustrate the point."

-Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster

Another bug: I was playing as the Sabaens and the forces of Tamane (I think this is the name, I mean that town right under Maryab) sallied and when I tried to fight that battle, I had a CTD. It never occured to me in vanilla, so I think it is somehow related to your mod. Or it could be one of those "once and never" bugs that sometimes pop up in EB.... But, Thorlof, you should really do somethinga about the sizes of Barbaric Cavalry, especially Galatikoi Lavotuxri. Theystill have 100 men which quite imbalances them against the other cavalry units which roughly have 50 riders.
    In your description of the Dorkim Poeni it says that they used the Sarissa, but in your mod they use shieldwall.
    Small Elephants have an archer floating 10 cm above their back, this seems to be a bug in that "elephant fix".
    Just my 2 Cent.
    Last edited by Basileus Seleukeia; 05-16-2007 at 21:40.

Thanx Basileus, i myself dont have check all . I see this bug. In barbarian cavakry is 80 riders if Galatikoi Lavotuxri -100 this my mistake.
    Description - yes this is problem for my.

Umm.I get a ctd trying to do a qiuck battle using ure ROa 1. fix....oh and does it work with the new patch?
    BETA TESTA OF ANO DOMINI
    BETA TESTA OF Darthmod

Yes ,i now quick battles for now dont work, I working for this.
    oh and does it work with the new patch?
    dont(mayby yes-I dont now for now), but in Roa new patch ... is added. I writing redame and this same(and more) is in RoA.
    Mayby in few day I relase next 1.5 version with new ctd fix(rtr style) this fix working(for now i testing this)and without some bugs from RoA1.0.but no new units -this is 2.0 version

And you should please do something for the armenian cataphracts. I did what Watchman did in his mod and now I can recruit them in Armavir, but the EDB says they can be recruited in a whole bunch of provinces, it's the same with the armoured horse archers...

In 1.5 (and now in my comp) armenian cataphracts is recruit.

Good to hear
    But there's something more to be said:
    Why do seleucid Sarrisophoroi have blue helmets? Is that historical? Because these helmets look rather... well, strange.
    And I think that all Sarrisophoroi should have greaves. Just a minor skin issue as the upper one, but it would add a lot of realism.
    And you should lower the numbers of the Carthaginian African Elite Infantry (the sword/shield ones) because they still have 100, which is too much in comparison to 50 Thorakitai Argyraspidai or 50 Marian Legionarys.
    I will now return to finding bugs and issues! To the Bugseeker-mobile!
    *Batmanthememusic*

blue helmets - i don't now .But this is units from KLA and he somewhere find this blue helmets - this real. History not only grey but colourful :) .
    Carthage Elite-yes my mistake.
    Basileus Seleukeia - thanx , You are my best bugseeker .

Perhaps you can ask KLA why he gave blue helmets to them, and if it is not too much effort, he could perhaps correct it. But, this is not so important, this can wait. But it would be nice

For now this is not possible- comp KLA colapse. If repair computer and ending working with new units mayby ask for this. But KLA very attachment for this blue helmets :) And I too - is another for others phalangites

Oh, that's a pity. But it shouldn't be too hard for me to ignore the blue helmets. But those greaves are important I think. I hope KLA can repair his pc soon, so that he can supply us again with his skins
    Last edited by Basileus Seleukeia; 05-17-2007 at 19:41.

A question I'd like to ask before starting this mod....
    With the high recuitment cost of Horse units, and the O turn recruitment, what kind of armies is the AI purchasing? Will i be fighting good quality mixed armies, or armies of slingers and peltasts?

I'm not doubting the mods interest - i played a couple of custom battles and found the unit stats to give some very good results. I have noticed in some mods that try unusual things that the Computer can't deal with the changes.

Thanks in advance.

As what I've seen slingers need 2 turns to be recruited. I've never really played an Campaign very long but in combination with the_errant's moneyscript the AI used balanced armys, but it may have been luck. But I highly recommend to use one of the moneyscripts as the AI will spam you to death with the old one.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast