Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: E.B. multiplayer (official)

Asia ton Barbaron mapper Member Pharnakes's Avatar

Smile E.B. multiplayer (official)

Hi all this thread is for expressing interest in E.B. multiplayer, first step download X-fire, second step post here with your X-fire name and the times that you are ussualy avalible to play, and lastly download and install hamachi, found here. All are welcome to suggest ideas for rules which will be added to this thread when they are decided, however please do it in this thread and keep this one purely for "registration"

UPDATE: Thanks to mAIOR for discovering the most stable version of hamachi, here is the download link. This is version 1.0.1.5 people now downloading will be getting more advanced version, however for our purposes this is the best version, so just unzip it and update hamachi, it will install over later versions with no problems.

At the moment we are using the standard single player eb0.81v2 edu, as the multilplayer one causes problems on some people's computers. So, all you have to do is have a clean install of vanilla eb, patched to 0.81v2.

A little bit more about hamachi: Hamachi is a program that lets you create a LAN network over the internet. This means that gamespy can be completly dispensed with and multiplayer is step up over the lan function. Volia! 100% stable, lag free multiplayer!

However, the process involved is somewhat complex, so here is a step by step guide to using hamachi for rome multiplayer:

1.Dowload and install Hamachi from the link above.
    2.Start up hamachi and press the "create or join network" button, the one with a triangle in it.
    3.Press join existing network.
    4.Choose one of the active networks, see further down for a list. Make sure you both join the same network!
    5.The password is "EB"
    6.You should now see a list of people with green lights next to them; these are the people who are online and in the network.
    7.You can right click on aperson and chat to them by pressing "Open chat window"
    8.To sign out, right click on EBmultiplayer at the top and press "Go offline"
    9.In order to play EB online, you must frist join the network.
    10.Next, "disable your primary network", this means disconect your internet, Important, do not leave the hamachi network, just leave hamachi alone.
    11.Start up EB and go to multiplayer and then LAN.
    12.Press Alt+Tab to mimimize Rome.
    13."Renable your primary network", ie. reconect your internet.
    14.Press Alt+Tab again to open up Rome. You should now be in the LAN lobby and able to see any players and games that are there.

Important note: as Hamachi can only support 16 people in a network, and as there are more people than that wanting to play EB, please leave the network whenever you stop playing multiplayer, to let other people have their turn. Therefore, please do not be offended if you find that I have evicted you from the network, I will do this if you are in, and active on neither hamachi nor X-fire, for the reasons stated above.

As of now I will be permenantly maintaining 2 hamachi networks. I will be moderating these, and as I no longer have access to X-fire, if the network gets more than 8 people in it, I will kick the last person to be active in order to keep numbers down.

Active Hamachi networks:

EB00
    EB01

All paswords for all networks, current and from before are EB, note that only the above 2 servers will be moderated and maintained, though.

Thread for genral discusion:https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=84187

There is an AAR thread found here.

Link for the map.rwm if you have modded your E.B.: map.rwm N.B. this is a current map.rwm, suitable for 1.0 play. map.rwm goes in RTW folder/eb/data/world/maps/base.

How to set up EB 1.0 for mp play.

Find your RTW route folder. Go into eb folder. Find the folder called mp custom game edu. go into it, copy the custom_edu, and paste it into the same folder. Then, rename one of them to export_descr_unit, and copy that one.

Go up, then in to the data folder, and paste the file into eb/data. Tell it to overwrite.

N.B. If it doesn't ask to overwrite, then you have done something wrong.

When you want to retrun to sp, repeat the process, only use the file that you find in eb/sp game edu backup.

N.B. 1.0 mp will be played without any of the fixes, temporary or permanent, so it is advisied that you make a seperate install for mp.

How to do this:

Thanks to the genius of Dol Guldur, eb is as of 1.0 is now a pure mod-folder installation. This means you can have two copies of it running out of the same vannila install, without the risk of clashes. To do this find your 1.0 intallation, and right click on it. Press extract to eb1.0, and let it run.

When it is finnished, open the folder and inside should be a folder called eb. Rename it eb mp, and paste it into your rtw folder. Then, go to your desktop and find your 1.0 shortcut. Copy and paste it, and rename one ebmp. Then right click on ebmp, and go to properties. Change the target line from mod:eb to mod:ebmp. Press apply and then ok, and you should be sorted.

Ok here's who we have so far; folowed by times they are ussualy on. Times are given in EB forum times, ie GMT+1 at the momment.

Not to do this you need 7-zip (free) or winrar (not free).

Guild username -X-fire username

Pharnakes -pharnakes
    EasternScourge -easternscourge
    The Vicious Monkey -tvmonkey
    Sarkiss -sarkiss
    Randarkmaan -randarkmaan
    Moros -zetel
    Lovejoy -lovejoy3
    NeoSpartan -1stneospartan
    Bonny -bonny4k
    [EB]Demulon -demulon 11:00-15:00
    Fantasio -mefantasio
    Cameron of Lochsunart -ardcamanachd
    king hannibal -kinghannibalrtr
    SwebozGaztiz -swebozgaztiz
    Bovi -urgleburgle 19:00-23:00
    Fondor Yards -fondoryards
    Griever14206 -griever14206
    Burakuku -burakuku
    Redmeth -redmetikal
    MegasalexandrosII -megasalexandrosii
    none, "name" on the twc - segfaulthunter
    haven't got a clue, possibly has an accout on the twc - duckmoose
    mAIOR -maior 20:00 - 24:00
    Basileus Seleukeia -aiol
    Caveira - dredmorte
    newlearning - new0learning
    Reno Melitensis - renomelitensis
    Lusitan_Centurion -lusitancenturion
    Ag3nt Magnum -magnum87ro
    marseu -marseu
    Tiberius Aemilius Rufus - tiduslionheart
    PenguinLobster -penguinlobster
    Iasonis -Iasonis
    disiz -shurikenstar
    Elthore - elthore
    helenos aiakides - helenos
    Ritterlichvon86 - ritterlichvon86
    haldam - haldam
    none, contact haldam - ackero
    Kozak13 - kozack101
    madmatg - madmatg
    Beanjitsu - beanjitsu
    TWFanatic - totalwarfanatic
    Bellator Lugha - bellatorlugha
    Gnaeus Servilius - tarquiniussuperbus
    Burakuku - burakuku
    Anarzius - byzantineimperator
    Gourmet - gourmetitalia
    Last edited by Pharnakes; 12-10-2007 at 18:15.
    Asia ton Barbaron The new eastern mod for eb!

Laziest member of the team My red balloons, as red as the blood of he who mentioned Galatians.
    Roma Victor!

Yous ee gishes?

Involuntary Gaesatae Member The Celtic Viking's Avatar

Default Re: E.B. multiplayer (offical)

I am definitely interested and will be joining when I get time. I'll edit in my x fire name tomorrow, when I've downloaded it to the computer I've got EB on. Then I will give you a reason to fear the Arverni.

Registered.Look for (no supirse) easternscourge. Now, prepare to witness my easil defeat (yeah,I'm not that good.But I will have fun getting killed. ). So, with .81a,theres nothing else we need to do.Right?
    Last edited by EasternScourge; 05-03-2007 at 02:00.

Well, each must have the same EDU and map.rwm to be able to play mp. The EDU will probably be the vanilla EB one, and so everyone should have it anyway, if not using it at least as a backup.

The map.rwm however I believe must be uploaded by someone and then downloaded and used by anyone wishing to play.

By the way, I've registered on Xfire now. My nick is tvmonkey.

As long as you have an unmodified version of EB 0.81a, the map.rwm that was supplied with the install will suffice for multiplayer. We put it in there so that people could play multiplayer (we haven't tested it).

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader
    Hayasdan Faction Co-ordinator

Quote Originally Posted by Foot
    As long as you have an unmodified version of EB 0.81a, the map.rwm that was supplied with the install will suffice for multiplayer. We put it in there so that people could play multiplayer (we haven't tested it).

Foot
    Good to know, but I'd still need to get that map.rwm uploaded. See, I don't have a clean install and no backup of map.rwm.

Smile Re: E.B. multiplayer (offical)

Added a downloadable map.rwm, see top.

Laziest member of the team My red balloons, as red as the blood of he who mentioned Galatians.
    Roma Victor!

Yous ee gishes?

x-ifre: sarkiss
    thanks

His higness, the Sultan Member Randarkmaan's Avatar

just made a x-fire... "randarkmaan"
    Will we use a special EDU?
    Last edited by Randarkmaan; 05-03-2007 at 17:05.
    "One of the nice things about looking at a bear is that you know it spends 100 per cent of every minute of every day being a bear. It doesn't strive to become a better bear. It doesn't go to sleep thinking, "I wasn't really a very good bear today". They are just 100 per cent bear, whereas human beings feel we're not 100 per cent human, that we're always letting ourselves down. We're constantly striving towards something, to some fulfilment"
    -Stephen Fry

Speaker of Truth Senior Member Moros's Avatar

one of the MP edu's that are added.
    They appear to be the same, tough they differ in size. Must be checked or one could be uploaded and perhaps even edited to be used for all MP.

ANyway add me up. My x-fire:
    zetel

hey glad to see we've got more people we should start a tornament in about 2 weeks or so

hey sarkiss you got a email for bean or something he's always good at this stuff plus I'm sure he'll love EB and MP again

first rule needed is a money one

Quote Originally Posted by king hannibal
    hey glad to see we've got more people we should start a tornament in about 2 weeks or so

hey sarkiss you got a email for bean or something he's always good at this stuff plus I'm sure he'll love EB and MP again

first rule needed is a money one
    hey king. nice to see that some of RTR MP vets are still around.
    as of bean, i dont know his mail and the site is down so... i actually wasn't playing RTW at all for about 6 months now, so lost a track. it be nice to have him and other guys (including myself ) back. try to track them down on xfire.
    and i agree with king about money limitations. king is a great general and a very experienced player so advises he gives would be of great help for MP community.

Fellas... I didn't instal .81a. So can i just download the map and play MP????

no you will also need our edu which at the moment is just the standard 0.81a single player. This should be enough but you might also need to instal 0.81a although I don't think you should do.

Download link for 0.81a singleplayer EDU:http://uploaded.to/?id=a7fa5o

P.S. got an X-fire?

Roma Victor!

Yous ee gishes?

I believe Bean changed nick at the RTR forums to Dean Martin or something. I haven't been at the RTR-forums for ages, but I don't think he is online that much anymore.

Anyway, my xfire is lovejoy3.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharnakes
    no you will also need our edu which at the moment is just the standard 0.81a single player. This should be enough but you might also need to instal 0.81a although I don't think you should do.

Download link for 0.81a singleplayer EDU:http://uploaded.to/?id=a7fa5o

P.S. got an X-fire?
    "1stneospartan is my X-file name

ok, but where do I save this new file???? In the sp game edu back up or in themp custom game edu?????

You can try backing up your current edu (found in eb/data) and replacing it with the oneon the link, however, on thinking it through I think it will not work as the edu won't match with the other files, escpecialy the EXPORT_descr_buildings and will probably ctd at some point in loading the game, however give it a try, just remember to back up, otherwise you will probabaly have to download 0.81a.

Roma Victor!

Yous ee gishes?

just a quick question have any of you try playing EB on BI (for MP)

I haven't, but I doubt it will work as custom battles don't. Still, worth a shot, and it would be great if we could get it to work.

Roma Victor!

Yous ee gishes?

Hi, my x-fire is adrcamanachd.
    "Chlanna nan con thigibh a so's gheibh sibh feoil."
    Son's of the hounds come here and get flesh

"Alba gu bragh"
    scotland forever

Quote Originally Posted by Pharnakes
    I haven't, but I doubt it will work as custom battles don't. Still, worth a shot, and it would be great if we could get it to work.
    But you can make custom battles work with BI. All you have to do is to copy the... well, I'm on the wrong computer so I can't check (and I don't know it just out of my head), but there's a thread somewhere here that explains. It involves copying a folder and renaming it barbarian_invasion... actually, that's it. It's where it is and the name of the folder that's foiling my wish to explain.

Edit 162: Found it. You have to go into \EB\Data\world\maps\campaign and copy the folder "imperial_campaign". Then you rename it to barbarian_invasion and it should work.
    Last edited by The Celtic Viking; 05-05-2007 at 12:47.

I really like to play EB in MP

xfire: bonny4k

Hi everyone. X-fire is: demulon.

Peace, ........................then WAR!!! lol

hi, x-fire: mefantasio

and this being my first post here......great mod!

A little suggestion for you, Pharnakes. How about adding everyones xfire usernames to your first post? That will make it a lot easier to find people rather than scroll through all the posts.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Ok, done that, if anyone spots a mistake, or changes their usernames, then just let me know.

Roma Victor!

Yous ee gishes?

hello this is my xfire id - swebozgaztiz
    hey i want to give it a try who wants to play???

"Sweat saves blood, blood saves lives, and brains saves both." Erwin Rommel
    "Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning."Erwin Rommel
    "So long as one isn't carrying ones head under one's arm, things aren't too bad." Erwin Rommel

I've made an account there too now - urgleburgle.
    Play mostly at 19-23 CET.
    Last edited by bovi; 05-16-2007 at 10:05.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

bump

What?

Roma Victor!

Yous ee gishes?

Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast