Thread: A helping idea for newbs like me

Default A helping idea for newbs like me

Hey all! (MP name is Swarm101)

I've had the game probably a week total so far

Default Re: A helping idea for newbs like me

(pressed enter by accident)

I lost every match online I played due to one thing. Calvary.

The only games I play (host) are Early Era, 10k points, NO CAV including general.

You can pretty much play any and every faction with that style game and be pretty even. (2H units work, yay) I've played many games where it came down to nothing but 2 units of archers fighting 2 units of archers.

So if your new and can host games, I suggest ya give the above a try.

Did a few high era matches and they were fun, lost it's appeal in late era.

actually late era is the best because it really puts the hurt on those who use cav armies. most factions cost a lot to equip late cav and with most factions using pikes and firearms you have a step up on the cav issue.

most late era games usually tend to begin with a skirmish instead of a rush attack because gunpowder can really break down enemy units morale.

early is also a good era. my favorite is the english where i can get my hands on sherwood foresters.

Quote Originally Posted by mad cat mech
    actually late era is the best because it really puts the hurt on those who use cav armies.
    And those without musketeers.

Muskets= Snipers.

GG

Muskets are great.. But they always foul up on me. In the beggining when everybody is lined up, there awsome. But when they are shooting a moving target, they end up having to re-align. Then reload. (which takes a good amount of time)

Although, when I try to charge a musket line... My ranks usually end up routing on contact. (momentarily, not permanently)

Musketeers are the most OP thing on the game.

anything that will cut down on all horse armies has got to better than anything else. id gladly have my norse archers shot up by musketeers than have my army swept away by a cav charge.

but now that 1.2 is out forget about trying to make pikes work (their broken utterly now) just use spearmen in schiltrom their almost as good as hoplites now except they cant be flanked.

hopefully stronger spearmen will finally put cav in a more vulnerable position. at least i hope so.