Thread: anyone here who use geforce4 mx440 128agp?

Default anyone here who use geforce4 mx440 128agp?

if so. can you run MTW without it CTDing?

+can you post here a link to the nvidia driver you used?

+did you patch the game to 1.1?

+what are the in-game settings you used?

+what's your desktop's screen resolution?

+what are the settings of your anti-aliasing and anisotropic filter?

any help would be greatly appreciated..

Sir Loin of Lamb Member General Dazza's Avatar

Default Re: anyone here who use geforce4 mx440 128agp?

Welcome to the Org Icarus0626

Try out the thread about the CTD problem. You'll likely find the solution in there as there are a few stock standard methods of sorting the CTD prob out.

Daimyo, Sultan & True Roman Member Crian's Avatar

GeForce 4 MX440.... That was my previous card just a couple of months ago before I upgraded. It ran Rome: Total War like like cr*p.

Never tried it with Med2 though, have you? Can it run the game? I can imagine that it might at the lowest settings. Could you update us?

"Why did we attack the Iceni? Why did we destroy that cargo? I can live with being a pawn if the game makes sense!" - Wingman, Mission 3: The Romans Blunder, Freespace 2

Daimyo, Sultan & True Roman Member Crian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by icarus0626
    if so. can you run MTW without it CTDing?

+can you post here a link to the nvidia driver you used?

+did you patch the game to 1.1?

+what are the in-game settings you used?

+what's your desktop's screen resolution?

+what are the settings of your anti-aliasing and anisotropic filter?

any help would be greatly appreciated..
    Wait a minute I reread your post here, I think you're in the wrong forum. You're probably asking about Medieval 2, right? Because I ran Medieval 1 with that card at the MAXIMUM settings years ago and I never had any problems with it. Also, I don't remember that Medieval even supported anisotrophic filtering....

Yeah I think you're asking about Medieval 2. My advice would be to TRY running the game, because I had that card and I played Rome for 2 years using that card and I can barely get a decent framerate unless I tone everything down. The game's MINIMUM recommended nVIDIA card is the GeForce 4 Ti 4400, which, if I'm not mistaken, is higher than the mx440. So, logic dictates that it will probably suffer running Med2, if it runs at all! Your best bet would be to try, and if it doesn't run... well... then it won't run.

What I can deduce from my experience with this card is that you'll might have to use Shader 1, turn off anti aliasing, set everything to low or lowest and use trilinear filtering and small unit sizes if you want the game to be playable.

Good luck anyway, but an upgrade is really what you need because no amount of tweaking will make that card do miracles.
    Last edited by Crian; 05-03-2007 at 06:27.

"Why did we attack the Iceni? Why did we destroy that cargo? I can live with being a pawn if the game makes sense!" - Wingman, Mission 3: The Romans Blunder, Freespace 2

The query is relating to MTW and not M2TW. Please refer to this thread from now on:

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=69367

Note: FYI, The Geforce4 Ti series cards are the true Geforce4 cards, the MX series cards are in effect revamped Geforce2 cards (budget line).