Thread: Missing unit in custom battle

Question Missing unit in custom battle

I cant seem to find the Polybian principes in custom battles. I see all other units there, triarii, principes hastati for camillian reform, but only triarii and hastati for Polybian. Is there anything i could do to add them or is there probobly an incorect install?

ps is there a way to edit the script to start later than -272 or is there no time limit in which the game ends. thanks

Default Re: Missing unit in custom battle

Don't know about the principes, but I don't see why you'd want to change the starting date. The factions are setup as they were in 272BC, as far as we can represent them. The game ends at 14 AD, meaning well over 1000 turns, which I think should be more than enough time for anyone to succeed, fail or grow bored and choose another faction.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: Missing unit in custom battle

The custom battle interface can handle only a limited number of units, so if any units are beyond that number, they won't be shown in the troop selection menu. However, I am quite sure I have seen Polybian Principes in the menu.
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

I cant seem to find the Polybian principes in custom battles. I see all other units there, triarii, principes hastati for camillian reform, but only triarii and hastati for Polybian. Is there anything i could do to add them or is there probobly an incorect install?

ps is there a way to edit the script to start later than -272 or is there no time limit in which the game ends. thanks
    The Polybian Principes are available in costum battle, they are placed between the mercenarys, like the cohors evocata, you only need to scrolll down a bit.

OK great found them! I scrolled right past them ,thanks. Is there any way to set the start date back abit then? I play LONGGGGG campaigns

Now sporting a classic avatar! Member fallen851's Avatar

There are 1144 turns, past that and you lose the 4 turns a year script.

If you play that many turns with one faction and still want more... see a doctor.
    "It's true that when it's looked at isolated, Rome II is a good game... but every time I sit down to play it, every battle, through every turn, I see how Rome I was better. Not unanimously, but ultimately." - Dr. Sane

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6eaBtzqqFA#t=1h15m33s

yes ill schedual an appointment, now if anyone knows how to change it, please respond if not telling me the number and how its not needed is just wasting my time and anyone elses who may want to know how to change it

Okay. I don't think you'll really go through with this, but since you ask so persistently:

It's not simply to say "300BC" somewhere instead of "272BC". If you want to expand after 14AD you need to expand the part of EBBS_script concerning the 4-turn-year with more turns, it's at the very end of the file. Be sure to also update the advisor popup accordingly. If you want to expand further back in time, you have to change the entire script concerning the four-year-turn.

There. I hope you know basic programming.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

thank you for an honest answer, i will give it a try