Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Update 2 Released!

Default Re: Update 2 Released!

People, you may want to edit a few of the turn based gunpowder ancillaries (explosives, roger bacon, meister eckchart, albertus magnus) so as to be available to governors after the "gunpowder discovered" event. For some reason CA forgot to update them after changing the event date so at least one can never occur.

or you can set it back to pre 1.2

Edit: What was I thinking? Corrected the explosives ancillary
    Last edited by Nebuchadnezzar; 05-20-2007 at 13:00.

Relentless Bughunter Senior Member FactionHeir's Avatar

Actually all three named ones you listed as they require buildings that can only be built after gunpowder is discovered. Good catch btw. Should note though that this only affects new, not old campaigns (i.e. those from 1.0 or 1.01) whose event dates among other data does not get updated to 1.02.
    Want gunpowder, mongols, and timurids to appear when YOU do?
    Playing on a different timescale and never get to see the new world or just wanting to change your timescale?
    Click here to read the solution
    Annoyed at laggy battles? Check this thread out for your performance needs
    Got low fps during siege battles in particular? This tutorial is for you
    Want to play M2TW as a Vanilla experience minus many annoying bugs? Get VanillaMod Visit the forum Readme
    Need improved and faster 2H animations? Download this! (included in VanillaMod 0.93)

Megas Domestikos Member AnthoniusII's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sapi
    the last part (modifying packs 1-4) should take a long time.

The only thing I can guess at is that installing 1.1 first corrupted your patching process.

Might be worth a try doing the reinstallation thing, this time not applying 1.1...
    Whithout 1.1?how can I do this?the 1.2 requires previus versions...Any sagestions?Please can you be more detailed?Another isue:I started historical battles the cannons just don't work!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII
    Whithout 1.1?how can I do this?the 1.2 requires previus versions...Any sagestions?Please can you be more detailed?Another isue:I started historical battles the cannons just don't work!!!
    You have to install 1.0 which is the basic retail version of the game that you get when you first install it from disc. Then you simply apply the 1.2 patch, which includes all previous fixes for the game (i.e. 1.1) in it, making the 1.1 update entirely unnecessary. Since people have a LOT of issues if they try to go from 1.1 to 1.2, you are strongly advised to not install the 1.1 patch and instead should take your game straight from 1.0 to 1.2.

See my Sig+ below! (Don't see it? Get info here)

Quote Originally Posted by Foz
    You have to install 1.0 which is the basic retail version of the game that you get when you first install it from disc. Then you simply apply the 1.2 patch, which includes all previous fixes for the game (i.e. 1.1) in it, making the 1.1 update entirely unnecessary. Since people have a LOT of issues if they try to go from 1.1 to 1.2, you are strongly advised to not install the 1.1 patch and instead should take your game straight from 1.0 to 1.2.
    I'll try again but the 1.2 doesn't start the installation without previus installation of 1.1.Anyway it worth trying...How can i make 1.2 start to install without 1.1?Any ideas?Thanks all of you for your help!!

1.2 will start the installation without 1.1 and will most likely fail if that patch is applied.
    From wise men, O Lord, protect us -anon
    The death of one man is a tragedy; the death of millions, a statistic -Stalin
    We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area -UK military spokesman Major Mike Shearer

Nothing happens!!!1.2 SIMPLY does not begin installation without "previus" versions...What can i do to make it started without 1.1?

Uninstall M2TW

Delete the sega/m2tw folder.

Restart your computer.

Install M2TW.

Restart your computer.

Install the 1.2 patch.
    We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area -UK military spokesman Major Mike Shearer

Thank you all!!!I am sorry for my ingnorance...

This whole updated patch process is quite frankly pants. I have spent the whole of today deleting reinstalling rebooting to get this update working. This should be straightforward. My system runs on microsoft with norton. To update either I access the site, and run update. The download completes and a message says update completed successfully. You then reboot. Simple. It takes minutes not hours. For my efforts the game still doesnt work and the launcher keeps activating AOL for reasons I cannot fathom. To play i have to close AOL down. For me I might as well throw the game away and buy a new one preloaded with v1.2. Whoever has got contacts with CA tell them to get it right for 1.3 because this is basically a joke.

In the meantime I shall go back to MTW as it works. If anyone can reconmend a good mod for M2TW from the basis v1.0 version please let me know. At least that will work as well.

hacked off and fed up.

blaaaaaaaaaarg! Senior Member Lusted's Avatar

All i had to do was reinstall to 1.0 as i had leaked 1.2 installed, run the game once, restart and install 1.2.

This whole updated patch process is quite frankly pants. I have spent the whole of today deleting reinstalling rebooting to get this update working. This should be straightforward. My system runs on microsoft with norton. To update either I access the site, and run update. The download completes and a message says update completed successfully. You then reboot. Simple. It takes minutes not hours. For my efforts the game still doesnt work and the launcher keeps activating AOL for reasons I cannot fathom. To play i have to close AOL down. For me I might as well throw the game away and buy a new one preloaded with v1.2. Whoever has got contacts with CA tell them to get it right for 1.3 because this is basically a joke.
    Please have a read of my post a few lines up to find the correct way to install the patch.

The launcher activates AOL because it wants internet access; if you don't want to give it said access either block it through norton or bypass it entirely.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345