Thread: Does anyone know how to?

Default Does anyone know how to?

Does anyone know how to reduce the amount of traitors in this game? I noticed early on that if you didn't have a general with an army you were probably going to lose it, but lately I've had problems with generals doing the same thing. Kinda sucks.
    Cormaeg

Stumbler amongst files

Harbinger of... saliva Member alpaca's Avatar

Default Re: Does anyone know how to?

Moved to modding questions.

Have a look at campaign_db.xml

Ok., Alpaca...I'm going to be totally up front with you on this...I've read many of your posts; gotten alot of knowledge from them, and obviously you are one of those people who have a real handle on this. I gotta tell ya, I was able to mod RTW, but it was pretty much at the limits of this boy's intellectual capacity. M2TW on the other hand, is way beyond any capacity that I can bring to the table. I read these tutorials and I remain more than totally lost.

I have been able to make some changes due to the marvelous, (and on my part wholly appreciated instructions by yourself and others) but the reality is, unless I go back to school at my late age-I will never be able to understand and utilize many of these tutorials.

Having said all that, let's get to the gist, shall we?

Quote " Have a look at campaign_db.xml"-I've looked hard and I can't find it.

I mean, this whole thing is really not that important, but I was curious, and I do enjoy picking you peoples brains.
    Cormaeg

Stumbler amongst files

I think alpaca means descr_campaign_db.xml.

I think you are looking for this part:
    Code:
       <revolt>
          <end_turn_modifier float="2"/>
          <excommunicated_modifier float="15"/>
          <new_leader_modifier float="10"/>
          <max_effective_loyalty float="7.0"/>
          <rebel_region_modifier float="2.0"/>
          <shadow_region_modifier float="2.0"/>
          <rebel_border_modifier float="1.1"/>
          <shadow_border_modifier float="1.1"/>
          <num_units_modifier float="1.05"/>
          <captain_modifier float="0.4"/>
          <min_revolt_chance float="0.0"/>
          <max_revolt_chance float="80.0"/>
          <ai_revolt_modifier float="0.25"/>
          <revolt_additional_armies bool="false"/>
          <revolt_crusading_armies bool="false"/>
       </revolt>
    Just lower the max revolt chance floater.

RM3

ps. Don't take my word on it, unless you have a backup.

Quote Originally Posted by Cormaeg
    Ok., Alpaca...I'm going to be totally up front with you on this...I've read many of your posts; gotten alot of knowledge from them, and obviously you are one of those people who have a real handle on this. I gotta tell ya, I was able to mod RTW, but it was pretty much at the limits of this boy's intellectual capacity. M2TW on the other hand, is way beyond any capacity that I can bring to the table. I read these tutorials and I remain more than totally lost.

I have been able to make some changes due to the marvelous, (and on my part wholly appreciated instructions by yourself and others) but the reality is, unless I go back to school at my late age-I will never be able to understand and utilize many of these tutorials.

Having said all that, let's get to the gist, shall we?

Quote " Have a look at campaign_db.xml"-I've looked hard and I can't find it.

I mean, this whole thing is really not that important, but I was curious, and I do enjoy picking you peoples brains.
    Yeah Roman_Man is right, I meant descr_campaign_db.xml
    The reason why I'm so short with my answers is that I don't have the time to write a fully qualified answer to each question, complete with a code lookup for what exactly you have to change.
    Also, a lot of people will be able to figure out what they have to do once you point them to where they have to do it. If you're not one of them, there's luckily more helpful people than me who will give you longer answers

Lol...well thanks for the answer-I was able to find it easily enough but when I try to open it, it opens a page in internet format...is it ok to tell it to open with word, or will that ruin things? Also, Roman_Man#3, it only had one line in there, something to do with heretics, so the section you were pointing out was not visible. Hopefully if I can open it with word, I will see it.

And I understand totally, Alpaca. You expect me to know. Like RM#3 did, heh heh
    Cormaeg

Stumbler amongst files

Fredericus Erlach Member Stuperman's Avatar

word should be ok, notepad is the prefered tool of modders though.
    Fredericus Erlach, Overseer of Genoa, Count of Ajaccio in exile, 4th elector of Bavaria.

, notepad is the prefered tool of modders though.
    Thats a great joke.

My preferred tool was UltraEdit last I checked

I would say notepad is the prefered tool for people who haven't bothered to download another, better one. I tried PSPad, and it seems pretty good. at least for freeware.

Thanks again, guys. Notepad is what I meant, but I'll have to look into some other programs if they really are advantageous. I made a backup, and changed the file, and it didn't crash, so I'm thinking all is well.
    Cormaeg

Stumbler amongst files