Thread: V1.25 Rebuild-ProblemFixer (Patch 1.2 compatibile)

Senior Member Senior Member Carl's Avatar

Default V1.25 Rebuild-ProblemFixer (Patch 1.2 compatibile)

I'm just downloading the 1.2 patch now so expect the 1.25 to be about 24 hours as I need to check for compatability issues first.

I'm moving all Rebuild ProblemFixer discussion here as the old thread is a bit long now.

Updates as they come in.
    Find my ProblemFixer Purehere.

This ProblemFixer fixes the following: 2-Hander bug, Pike Bug, Shield Bug, Chasing Routers, Cav not Charging, Formation Keeping Improved, Trait Bugs, and Ancillary Bugs.

BETA Testers needed for the current version of RebuildProblemFixer. Thread here

Default Re: V1.25 Rebuild-ProblemFixer (Patch 1.2 compatibile)

I'm at work now, but I'll be installing for a test run tonight. Haven't had much time with vanilla 1.2 but so far it seems a vast improvement on 1.1.

Any specific factions you'd like to get input on?

Not off the top of my head, your choice. I do need yuou to report any bugs you spot though as i've recently downloaded the CoH demo whilst aiting for the patch LOL and am a bit hooked so i'm not playing as much M2TW as I used to ATM. Will probes get back to playing it soon enough. Just need a break I geuss.

I have tested it as much as possibbile, but obviouslly i could have missed somthing.

This ProblemFixer fixes the following: 2-Hander bug, Pike Bug, Shield Bug, Chasing Routers, Cav not Charging, Formation Keeping Improved, Trait Bugs, and Ancillary Bugs.

DL'ing problemfixer 1.25.

hahaha

filefront don't support pause and resume so i can't download it - I can only grab about 20MB per session due to ISP limiting me to a 2 hour maximum on-line at a time.

Can someone in the Uk copy it onto a CD please -
    person who has DL'd stuff for me in past has indicated "giving it rest for time being"

will play a complete campaign on vanilla 1.2 before installing problemfixer. need a benchmark.

is there a features list for v1.25?
    ie what does it fix in 1.2 version of the game?
    Last edited by Rozanov; 05-08-2007 at 17:02.

Started a Milanese Campaign. Lots of money rolling in from those 2 starting regions. While eyeing Bern I was given a mission to capture Ajjaccio so I shifted my armies south to the coast, built a smal invasion fleet and took a full stack with 4 catapults into the Med. and captured the castle. I'll be converting this to a town when the funds are freed up.

No bugs to report yet.

Thanks for the quick update bangaroo, i'm currently working on ProblemFixer-Pure ATM to get that out for the public.

Ricardus Insanusaum Member Bob the Insane's Avatar

No biggy (and I wonder if I was the only one) but the Problem fixer short cut you provided pointed at ProblemFixer1.bat while there is only a ProblemFixer.bat file deployed. Once I corrected it the game started up fine...

@Bob the Insane: ARGHHHHHH. hanks, I have to use a modified heading and thus .bat file from you guys as I run M2TW in windowed mode.

Everybody make sure you change that, i'll send out a corrected shortcut ASAP.

Linky here.

Fixed shortcut inside. Sorry about that.

Milan is pretty dang easy, even on vh/vh. It's been quite a few turns and I'm getting ready to expand exponetially but it dosen't look like the AI are grabbing many provinces. Still a lot of rebels. I'll get a pic of the map and post it in a bit. Merchants seem reasonable. I'm seeing things I haven't seen before in the ancilliaries and traits. I'm becoming a very noble and reliable ally. Currently Venice, the Papal States, and Germany. Had Sicily and France earlier but Sicily picked a fight and I stayed allied with them. They later picked a fight with Venice so I dumped them for being too aggressive to my other allies. Should have dropped them in the first place.

I've taken Florence, Bern, and Ajjacio. Jerusalem will fall soon and then I'll start spending all my money expanding through the Holy Lands. I'll probably get bored here in a few more turns if the AI dosen't start picking it up a bit. So the rush is probably too easy right now.

Thanks for the quick update bangaroo, i'm currently working on ProblemFixer-Pure ATM to get that out for the public.
    lol, bangaroo
    Last edited by Bongaroo; 05-12-2007 at 17:59.

What turn number you on? I'm beginning to notice a pater ATM as well. On medium the Ai whilst slower at expanding than i'd like, is still good enough to create a challange, on VH though most of my testers are complaining the AI takes too long. I wish i knew why.

How are you finding milans unit balance ATM? Is it a good balance or does it feel like somthing is out of whack?

Finnially, what are the tactical batles like, i've tweaked morale again and fixed another bug that i discovered, so you should be noticing big performance diffrances with some unit types.

I'm mostly dominating the tactical battles. The AI is much more agressive and I now take larger causulties than I would. But I've expected more deaths due to my reliance on militia. Morale seems fine. Units are breaking with heavy shocks or rear attacks while engaged. When I get some higher tech out there I'll let you know how the balancing feels.

Assassins seem overly powerful, although along with my spies are starting to affect my standing with others. still dominating most fights although egypt eventually overwhelmed Jerusalem.

Anymore info?

Diplomacy is more interesting. Funny thing is I keep getting ceasefire offers from the Moors. I take them up on the offer with 4-5k cash. But my allies keep getting me back to war with them, and they come offer again. Their cash is listed in diplomacy as boundless, so they have the cash to burn apparently.

I've had 5 family members assassinated. Very annoying, but at least it makes things interesting. I do think that assassins are overpowered. But they do hit on my chivalry real fast. Lots of armies out and about with only captains for leaders.

Year 1130 or so and not many rebel provinces left. Egypt and Turkey both are looking very powerful.

Any chance of taking a look at the bad trader lines of traits?

Any chance of taking a look at the bad trader lines of traits?
    Where are you when your picking them up then? Is it genrally picking them up anywhere, or a specific situation. I might have a bugged trigger somwhere.

Diplomacy is more interesting. Funny thing is I keep getting ceasefire offers from the Moors. I take them up on the offer with 4-5k cash. But my allies keep getting me back to war with them, and they come offer again.
    Thats annoying. Another item for my fix list.

I've had 5 family members assassinated. Very annoying, but at least it makes things interesting. I do think that assassins are overpowered. But they do hit on my chivalry real fast. Lots of armies out and about with only captains for leaders.
    OUCH, i'll look at it, I haven't played much 1.2 myself and i've never been a big assasins user so maybe CA changed somthing in the hardcode post patch. They whern't too bad before IMHO.

Year 1130 or so and not many rebel provinces left. Egypt and Turkey both are looking very powerful.
    Good to hear. Going to be intresting to see what the Mongols do:p. How many provinces have you got ATM then?
    Last edited by Carl; 05-18-2007 at 16:08.

Started with Milan and Genoa. Took Florence and Ajjacio next. Marseille and Bern next. Metz and another mid-europe province as well. Just finished taking Stauffen from the Imperials, they had dismounted gothic knights pouring down from there and gave me some tough fights. Now I'm prepping a hard mounted force to protect my northern holdings and possibly continue attacking the Germans.

To the south I've taken Tunis from the Venitians with a crusade. Now the moors are marching on it with 3 near full stacks and possibly more that I haven't seen yet. To deal with this threat I've loaded my Full stack army that had been harassing Bologna and Venice onto my strongest navy stack and begun sailing south to reinforce Tunis.

My finances are a little tighter than they had been previously. Warring on all fronts is stretching me out. Strategy wise I think unless something changes I'm going to concentrate on moving further into Germany to shake them up. They had become focused on me. While this is going on, I think I'll try to get some momentum moving in Africa. Once my priests and cardinals convert some more populations.

Ricardus Insanusaum Member Bob the Insane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carl
    OUCH, i'll look at it, I haven't played much 1.2 myself and i've never been a big assasins user so maybe CA changed somthing in the hardcode post patch. They whern't too bad before IMHO.
    Sorry I haven't played much but I have the in-laws visiting, you know how it is...

However on previously playing 1.2 plain I did notice the Assassins where back to their RTW levels of effectiveness (i.e. brand new assassin has around 50% chance of killing a captain of a small stack) and the anti-trait fix means they don't lose all their skills because of one failure. Basically you need assassins, you don't have to use them, just drop them in with your generals (with spys) to kep them safe. However if you do chose to use them then it is pretty straight forward to get them trained up (and get yourself an assassins guild for a real headstart). Then they become effective, effective enough that the regenacide missions are now feasible for a maxed out assassin. However the counterpoint is that your faction leader will very rapidly start picking up lots of dread traits. If you use assassins alot, expect "the Tyrant" sufixes for your Kings...

Slaying Pagans near you! Member TeutonicKnight's Avatar

Been a while since I've seen an update here.

What's the status at this point?

Barbarian of the north Member Magraev's Avatar

I think the status is that this excellent mod is dead. At least problemfixer pure is more or less finished imho, but there will probably be no rebuild. :(
    Nope - no sig what so ever.

Not quite dead LOL, PFP isn't dead, but it is on hold ATM, I got caught up modding CoH and the AI for that thing is a bitch to mod, (pardon the language), so I’ve spent 3 months wrestling with that.

Don't worry though, once I get my CoH modding commitment out the way I’m coming back to M2TW, I just got more caught up.

When I do I’m going to advertise for some more testers and put most of my effort into Rebuild since I doubt I’ll have as much to do in PFP anymore.

I'm sorry to all my fans for my absence, it was meant to be a month to 6 weeks tos, but as my fellow modders can attest, when you start a project, it can quickly take on a life of it's own, which is what’s happened here, and previously with my DoW modding commitments. fortunately I’m still a big M2TW fan, I just haven't had as much playtime as I’d like recently.

Many apologies again for my absence. In light of it I think I’ll go scoot around the forums a bit now.

You've been missed! But not to worry, I've been playing a good bit and to be honest the game with the 1.2 patch and your last fix have made the game plenty playable.

I'm at about year 1215 in a Spainish Campaign. Crazy multiple full stack engagements every turn against France. I've got the Moors down to one province and the Portuguese are my very close allies. Toggling fog of war shows that the Danes have almost wiped out the Russians. Egypt is a powerhouse as well. The Turks got sandwiched inbetween the Byzantines, the Mongels, and Egypt. A very fun campaign.

::EDIT::

Oh and about the only thing that might need looking at is the accuracy of the cannons, they have creamed my gun/pike lines a couple times now.

Sorry if this is a wrong tread for this question but is this mod compatable with patch 1.3?