Thread: Dead Rising

Robot Unicorn Member Kekvit Irae's Avatar

Default Dead Rising

I just got myself a 360, and was wondering if anyone else enjoys playing this zombie apocalypse game.
    The sledgehammer is oh so satisfying, but extremely slow. My personal favorite weapon is the mannequin torso (yes, a mannequin torso). Sucks against zombie hordes (it hits only one target), but it has a damage bonus against humans and can knock them down. This makes boss battles and fights against Special Forces very easy. I haven't tried taking down the convicts in the jeep with it, yet, and I'm not going to try.

Default Re: Dead Rising

Yeah, that game was great fun. Personally I loved using the Scythe and just chopping off zombie heads. Gotta love the fact that almost anything can be used as an weapon and the different clothes rocked too. Overall a great game.
    Friendship, Fun & Honour!

"The Prussian army always attacks."
    -Frederick the Great

I think the craziest thing to do is wear a pink dress and a robot head. Your clothes will appear in the cutscenes, and makes for a great "LOL moment" when Frank is contemplating someone's death while wearing a lego helmet and a woman's dress. It's just so... wrong!

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

Great game, but I just can't handle large amount of zombies

I love the zombie apocalypse genre. If there's ever a zombie outbreak in my town, I'm going across the street and barricading myself in the Wal-Mart we have. Canned food, bottled water, electric generators, beds, medicine, weapons & ammo... it's got it all!

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

Well I like being scared, so it is a love it hate it thing. There is something about zombies that feels soooooooooooo wrong. They are slow, they are dead, they are unstoppable, and when they get you they eat you alive. And it can be your best friend your mother your girlfriend brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Even though Dead Rising is pure comedy, I still can't play it at night. It could have to do with 'Night of the living dead' which I accidently saw when I was very young. Or Thief:the Dark Project

Fragony's survival tactics: stock up, grab that floating piece of junk I call my boat, go sit on a island untill they are deader.

Although repetitive the game is awesome i pld it at my friends and must say the hole boring device is the most fun weapon. Impale one of the blighters then use the spinning body to batter the others into submission ahh the memories. PS @ Fragony didnt u see dawn of the dead if u sail to the island all you will find is more zombies!!!
    "Money isnt the root of all evil, lack of money is."

(Mark Twain)

1978 Dawn of the Dead > 2004 Dawn of the Dead.
    But yes, the undead do not need to breathe, and can move underwater as easily as on land.

And I have to refute the claim that Dead Rising is pure comedy. It's a completely dark atmosphere, with the main cases feeling gritty, not campy.

I own it but never got past Carlo's bombs. I love using the Katana and the mini chainsaws. Also using the sports car to kill zombies in the parking level.
    If you havin' skyrim problems I feel bad for you son.. I dodged 99 arrows but my knee took one.

VENI, VIDI, NATES CALCE CONCIDI

I came, I saw, I kicked ass