Thread: Question on the KotR PBM

Default Question on the KotR PBM

I must say that the KotR PBM seems to be extremely interesting. But I'm slightly confused and at a loss at how to read all of the posts. Where should I start? Is there a particular order?

Default Re: Question on the KotR PBM

I'm sure there's a rules thread around somewhere that should give you a bit more of an idea...but I've no idea where
    From wise men, O Lord, protect us -anon
    The death of one man is a tragedy; the death of millions, a statistic -Stalin
    We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area -UK military spokesman Major Mike Shearer

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: Question on the KotR PBM

Have a look at this thread. Browsing the Imperial Library may also give you an idea of what is currently going on.
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

Senior member Senior Member Dutch_guy's Avatar

I'd suggest reading the FAQ, the first post of every Out of Character thread. That would be a good start.

Afterwards, if one is interested in joining, post in the same out of character thread and tell us. Anyone can play, the only thing needed is some free time and a computer. This thread is for everything out side of the game itself, in this thread you are not your avatar

The In character communication takes place in the so called Imperial Diet, where all the decisions on just about everything which can take place in the game are made - by the players. Motions can be put forward, and other fellow Germans can be publicly humiliated.

Since there's currently a crusade going on, the crusaders have their own thread to discuss their crusade in. From army movement suggestions to talk of battling enemy Jihads.

Then there are the so called chancellor reports, where one can find summaries made by the current chancellor. In these reports the highlights of a turn, or turns, are put forward for all to see. Read these to get an impression of all that has happened either under a certain chancellor, or during a certain timeframe. A good read, and it 'd help getting you orientated on this PBM.

There are a couple of other (equally important, of course!) threads, battle report threads and inter-housal discussion threads, amongst others, but the names say enough I imagine.

Hope that helped.

PS: almost forgot this, just click the link - it's worth your while.

Last edited by Dutch_guy; 05-06-2007 at 14:48.
    I'm an athiest. I get offended everytime I see a cold, empty room. - MRD

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The last link that Dutch_guy posted is where you want to go if you want to learn everything that's happened in the order that it happened. I must say, it's quite a fun and exciting experience, and we'd be glad to have another player.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Still warlusting... Member Warluster's Avatar

many of the old threads about have been deleted though, like all old OOC threads, and IC threads.

You might wanna PM econ21 'bout the deleted threads, once you delete a thread, can a moderator still see it?

Bureaucratically Efficient Senior Member TinCow's Avatar

Nothing from KOTR has been deleted. You can find links to every single thread the KOTR game has ever used here.

Senior Member Senior Member econ21's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Warluster
    many of the old threads about have been deleted though, like all old OOC threads, and IC threads.
    Old threads are never deleted, they just fall off the first page of the forum display. I think the Throne Room by default shows all threads that have had posts within the last 2 weeks. You can display all threads by looking at the display options panel at the bottom of the forum index and altering the "From the" drop down option.

thalyrikalone, the stickied KotR history by Overknight may be the best place to start. It gives an overview of what's happened, with links to the juicy bits.

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=82780

Do post in the OOC thread if you want to join; I think we will soon have some spare avatars.

Still warlusting... Member Warluster's Avatar

Thumbs up Re: Question on the KotR PBM

D'oh!

Now I realise!

the G-Diffuser Senior Member pevergreen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Ah, that was a fun one, until my M2TW screwed up. Never fear, Lothar Van Austria may still come back.
    Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    The org will be org until everyone calls it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by KukriKhan View Post
    but I joke. Some of my best friends are Vietnamese villages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemur
    Anyone who wishes to refer to me as peverlemur is free to do so.

Bureaucratically Efficient Senior Member TinCow's Avatar

You can always participate as a 'backbencher' if you want.

Might as well give you guys a big in public here

I've always been interested in PBMs such as KotR, and really like the way that you've been running this one.

Pity I don't have enough time to participate
    From wise men, O Lord, protect us -anon
    The death of one man is a tragedy; the death of millions, a statistic -Stalin
    We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area -UK military spokesman Major Mike Shearer