Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Your opinions on MTW 2, version 1.02

Default Re: Your opinions on MTW 2, version 1.02

im thinking xiii death and glory will be aimed at a mp community. just a hunch because it seems more focused on battles and not diplomacy and empire building.

Quote Originally Posted by mad cat mech
    im thinking xiii death and glory will be aimed at a mp community. just a hunch because it seems more focused on battles and not diplomacy and empire building.
    I have never read about a mp mode for XIII Centuri. I watch the game some years.

http://gry.o2.pl/publicystyka_special/?co=pokaz&id=40

"Klecha (Gry.o2.pl): Thanks that you agree to explain us something about game in short interview. Can you describe XIII Century: Death or Glory in a few words?

Nikolay Matijchuk (1C Company & Unicorn Games Studio): Dzień dobry! Speaking briefly I would describe XIII Century as a tactical strategy game dedicated to military history of Medieval Europe. In other words one can describe our game as a grand and rough play about the XIII Century where all the leading parts belong to the player.

Klecha (Gry.o2.pl): What can you tell us about the storyline in the game?

Nikolay Matijchuk (1C & UGS): The storyline is pretty simple and it was done according to our goal, which is to show the most famous and tactically interesting European battles of the XIII century. During three campaigns we would like to show battles representing three great Medieval military cultures: classic west-european, bitty and original Russian military tradition and inimitable art of war of the Mongols.

Klecha (Gry.o2.pl): How did the team come up with the idea of XIII Century: Death or Glory?

Nikolay Matijchuk (1C & UGS): Our main aim was to show the fascinating beauty of a real medieval battle, all its tactical varieties. This and interest in military history led to the situation when we decided to create this game. In this game we've concentrated on the war and its tactical part - battles. We have intentionally decided to put away all the politics and economics and diplomacy. One should keep in mind that in the past all these factors led to multiple wars. This is the reason why we decided no to stew players with all these things, but to put him directly on the battlefield, before the main battle of the war starts. We really think that the players will appreciate that.

Klecha (Gry.o2.pl): What can you tell us about the playable sides?

Nikolay Matijchuk (1C & UGS): One will have an opportunity to play for the English, French, Germans, Mongols and Russians. By choosing one of these factions as playable one will have to take several important aspects into account. There are three different unique military traditions - European, Russian and Mongolian. This includes armory and weapons, types of tactics and other war maneuvers peculiar for armies of different nations.

Our second aim was to show the most significant battles of the 13th century as precise and detailed as possible.

Klecha (Gry.o2.pl): So what kinds of locations and settings will be seen in the game?

Nikolay Matijchuk (1C & UGS): Maps that we have created for our missions depict real landscape and weather conditions of historical battles. Since several dozens of battles represented in the game took place in different parts of Europe, players will have a chance to see all the variety of landscapes: from stony Mediterranean hills to endless eastern European heaths, from plain forests of northern Russia to mountain valleys of Wales.

As for the settings one will see adopted to the game but maximally realistic conditions, participants, landscape and circumstances of that battle. While working on settings we also took into account different types of details, including armory, weaponry, realism and atmosphere of the battle. Each mission of the game will confirm that.

Klecha (Gry.o2.pl): Please tell us in few words about types of missions that we have to beat?

Nikolay Matijchuk (1C & UGS): Missions will be very diverse and this is determined by the peculiarities of the battles that we chosen for the campaigns. One of the key features of each battle is the landscape and the aims that enemies have. In one case this might be a fight on flat terrain where one fully uses the advantage of knights, in the other, on complex terrain, one would rather choose a right defensive position instead of assault. Take for example the battle of Lincoln. Players will have to defeat the enemy on the streets of a town and then besiege the citadel. Another example is the battle of Bouvines. Open space of the battlefield gives a lot of space for tactical maneuver, outflanking and gives an opportunity to involve a lot of troops in the battle. Players will not feel bored anyway. There will be a lot of different missions with original maps, of peculiarities and their own aims.

Klecha (Gry.o2.pl): What kinds of units and building will be seen in XIII Century: Death or Glory?

Nikolay Matijchuk (1C & UGS): We have a lot of different units which shows Medieval European (and not only European armies) to the full extent. It will also allow showing the peculiarities and differences in armory and weaponry. European knights and sergeants, palatine guards and boyars, Mongolian shooters, Welsh archers and Italian crossbowmen - all of them and even more troops with axes, clubs, javelins, etc. In addition to this we have a big variety of siege equipment (trebuchet, rams, siege towers, etc.). All this together gives you an impression of what XIII Century units are.

As for the buildings, our game has everything for modeling a mission - from a castle (stone or wooden) till a bridge or a fence. All buildings, including ones which are not crucial from the tactical point of view, are nor just decorations, but can be used for war purposes.

Klecha (Gry.o2.pl): Approximately how many hours of play will the single player take? What about replayability?

Nikolay Matijchuk (1C & UGS): There will be approximately 30-40 hours of gameplay in our game. One will be able to complete each mission several times, because they are non-linear. During a successful mission completion a player will hardly use all the tactical tricks and possibilities granted by the game. This means that after a player completes a mission or the game he or she might as well return back and replay some missions or campaigns. One will probably try to outflank an enemy not through that forest as he or she did last time, but round that hill over there. This might be a better solution. And for example start an attack with mounted sergeants instead of unmounted swordsmen. Moreover the opportunity itself to play the battle of Bouvines or the battle of Falkirk as you wish will generate a lot of questions like "What if…?". And players will be able to find answers to these questions while playing the missions again.

Klecha (Gry.o2.pl): What can you tell us about multiplayer options? Do you give some editor tools for players?

Nikolay Matijchuk (1C & UGS): We still haven't carried out the final decision regarding multiplayer. As for the tools players will get rich opportunities in creating a map of almost any historical battle or make an absolutely new battle invented by himself.

Klecha (Gry.o2.pl): What elements of gameplay you are planning to put into game that you think are unique and important?

Nikolay Matijchuk (1C & UGS): First of all let me start with a special feature that we really like to boast of. This is the landscape. In most of historical war games landscape is just a part of the scenery. Either heavy knights or light infantry cross it equally successful. This impoverishes gameplay and makes it less interesting for players. Our battlefield is far from being flat and easy for movement. If you take some other games - a hill in them will also be a regular passable surface. We have three-dimensional (in the gameplay meaning) hills. By all means such a realistic territory seriously influences the course of a battle and we use it.

This completely "playable" environment generates another interesting feature of our game - path finding. Having acquired a new task to get to a certain point on the map a squad is able to independently choose the best way to do it - going round heavy-going or impassable spots.

Another thing we are really proud of is the realistic battle system. Each unit is being influenced by about 80 different parameters and characteristics. This allows the game to reconstruct a medieval battle on the level of separate units and big squads, which makes in more interesting from the gameplay point of view. This is also being done with the help of realistic animation which depicts the battle system. Unit-to-unit animations might show you how this fight will end - from the level of single units up to the army level.

One will have an opportunity to test our gameplay as soon as the game is launched :)

Klecha (Gry.o2.pl): What are some of the more important features of the XIII Century: Death or Glory engine?

Nikolay Matijchuk (1C & UGS): The engine of our game is a powerful creature which we managed to tame. And now it is able to do everything for you to enjoy the game. For example the graphics part of the engine is capable of rendering realistic sunsets and dawns, rains and snowstorms, dull and sunny days. But our main pride is not this.

The engine has all the necessary functions to create complicated and dynamic game process. The detail level and game mechanics gave us a clue how flexible and multifunctional should game designer tools be. As a result we have a real monster which will, I'm sure, do a good job for several years and will let us create historical battles of any period and any complexity.

Klecha (Gry.o2.pl): What are the system requirements likely to be?

Nikolay Matijchuk (1C & UGS): There will not be anything very special about the system requirements of the game. It is still a little early to talk about exact requirements, but I'm sure that there will be all necessary settings in the game for it to run on both high- and middle-end PCs.

Klecha (Gry.o2.pl): At the moment, what is the current status on the game's progress and when will it be released to stores?

Nikolay Matijchuk (1C & UGS): We are currently working getting close to alpha stage. We plan to release the game by the end of 2006.

Klecha (Gry.o2.pl): Can you tell us about some game projects that you plan to do in the future?

Nikolay Matijchuk (1C & UGS): We can definitely say that the next project will be with a big portion of strategy in it. Will it be a sequel to XIII Century or not is still a secret.

Klecha (Gry.o2.pl): Thanks for your time :) Is there anything else you would like to tell our readers?

Nikolay Matijchuk (1C & UGS): Thanks for the questions and interest in our game! See you in autumn!"
    Last edited by |Heerbann|_Di3Hard; 05-13-2007 at 09:45.

Any new opinions about overall MTW 2 gameplay? It seems that archers can be useful in team matches sometimes, musketeers are still very effective, lag and unstable games are something you ''have to get used too'' and best is to play ''all era'' to have best balance.
    ''Constant training is the only Way to learn strategy.''

Quote Originally Posted by Aonar
    Any new opinions about overall MTW 2 gameplay? It seems that archers can be useful in team matches sometimes, musketeers are still very effective, lag and unstable games are something you ''have to get used too'' and best is to play ''all era'' to have best balance.

Yes. Upgrades should be forbidden.

"The game [M2TW] is actually more balanced than rock/paper/scissor. Combinations that work: rock vs rock - paper vs paper - scissor vs scissor.
    A new frontier that wipes off a bunch of old concepts"
    - Machiavelli69

"Shogun was chess, vi was chequers rome was tiddlywinks and mtw2 musical chairs." - Swoosh So

well, what i can see is, many old people who are dissapointed. Not just since a short time, no...since months or years now.

I still dont understand why u cant accept the facts, wellknown facts.
    U know hoe CA works, nothing changed since 2000. So i dont get this.... u complain over an over again about the same problems.

Stop playing the game if u dont like, stop trolling here and stop repeating the negativ input u give over and over again. Accept it and play the game like it is or move on and find a better game u like more.

I myself would love a better TW game, no doubt, but we wont get it. So i decided long time ago to stop playing this game.

anyway, apart the balancing issues, they didnt fix lag and thats surely the most annoying problem ;)

The argument about CA making cash and/or not making cash with MPlayer is an old shoo, it gets pulled out again and again... Im sure they did market researches how big the potential is for these kind of games with the TW game style.

I presonal cant imagin, these 100.000 online player, sorry, the TW online gaming doesnt bring enought fun for a big market to get played online. There are too many other online games out which offer tons of more fun than some static battles.

Times changed, today are things possible, which warent 7 years ago. With the current stage of MMOOgs (not all like these kind of games), with the arcade games (which turned more and more in tactical games) and shooter .....

There is just a marginal room for games like TW. U could notice the dumping down of the game with each single version. It had an serious effect, more SPlayer. The game goes a good way, if u look at it from the finanziell side.

So like it is right now, any other game has potential, they can with better computer increase the performence, while TW cant. The battles are battles and the only thing i can think about is better grafix. I hope u get the hint....

TW kind of games fade away, they cant improve the gameplay, since its the same always....

mars

Quote Originally Posted by Mars
    TW kind of games fade away, they cant improve the gameplay, since its the same always....
    It's not the same. They degraded the battlefield gameplay. I don't see Creative Assembly advertising that they degraded the gameplay. They say they improved it, but relative to what? Certainly not relative to the high standard they set in 2000. What they had back in 2000 for tactical gameplay was interesting enough to be played indefinitely in MP, and it worked better over a modem connection than the latest game does over a high speed connection. Good battlefield playbalance enhances the SP gameplay as well. Where else are you going to get this information if not at the org?

_________Designed to match Original STW gameplay.

Beta 8 + Beta 8.1 patch + New Maps + Sound add-on + Castles 2

Quote Originally Posted by Puzz3D
    It's not the same. They degraded the battlefield gameplay. I don't see Creative Assembly advertising that they degraded the gameplay. They say they improved it, but relative to what? Certainly not relative to the high standard they set in 2000. What they had back in 2000 for tactical gameplay was interesting enough to be played indefinitely in MP, and it worked better over a modem connection than the latest game does over a high speed connection. Good battlefield playbalance enhances the SP gameplay as well. Where else are you going to get this information if not at the org?

Without a doubt, ur right.

But do u really think anyone of the SPlayer (thats what this game aim for) care a second for lag in MP?

The big splits and imbalances, which are problems in MP, are needed the same time for SP, since they reflect the new stage of ur building.

...aka, new units has to be better...thatss logical.

The 95% of the buyer are not caring for the lag in MP, they dont care for the imbalances, most of them play the game for the campaign and wanna build something up. I bet 80% or more do autoresolve the battles anyway. So please, realize that writing on the org doesnt have the smallest effect.

Infact, many modder have a "job" coz the game is considered as "bad", so they can actual go and balance it more. IF the game would be top balanced, the modder had less to do. So the problems give people something to do.

About 2000, oldtimer will always agree that the game was a lot better, u hardly can compare that with the current game. But thats life, times move on and people leave. Community changed a lot and the game get the community it deserve...

Its okay, there are people who enjoy the game like it is now. Great. U and me dont enjoy it, we dont even play ;) So all i can say is, Good Luck with the other TW versions, maybe someday CA brings a crazy game like STW out again. Im sure many would love this, but till this day, we both check the forums from time to time. Puzz, old friend, ur full of anger, it hurts me to see a nice inteleligent guy, who did imense work for this game beeing in such a bad mood ;)

Get over it, u wont change anything by repeating the same over and over again. It is like it is and it isnt in our might to change important things.

Play other games, find something what fits ur liking....i did it and for me its just the old memories which bring me back to these places. I wont touch a TW game again, but still i like the community, at least some people and whats left of the old glory days....

Mars

Apologies for this post, its entirely OT as i don't own M2, and thus don't play M2 MP.

I played STW and MTW SP almost from release - i had no internet connection in those days though and so had no idea about the "inner workings" of the game or any other piece of information - probably like many others. Sometime after VI was released i started lurking the forums until finally much later on (more than two years) i joined actively.

When RTW came out i bought it and played it for a long while in SP (totally for almost 2 years) although the game "wasn't exactly the same" to me, particularly the battles.

All i can say is that it was the MP "oldtimers" ' posts that revealed to me why the new game "didn't feel right", and slowly i also begun to understand what parameters x, y and z meant for the gameplay, for what kind of taste this or that type of gameplay is aimed, why it is preferred over the other etc etc.

In that respect the "newer" largely SP community provided endless amounts of misleading and erroneous information - much like it did when M2 came out ("I miss RTW cavalry charges, the blobbing penalty is silly/unrealistic etc etc"). Posters other than mostly veteran MP players were either unable or unwilling to analyse the game through the viewpoint of some sort of objective benchmark IMO.

In short - and judging from my personal experience, i doubt that the community would be better off if there is no more criticism from the point of view of its most experienced members, that are no others than MP players for the most part. It is through this criticism that "newer" players - particularly SP players - can hear and potentially learn more in depth about TW games as the discussions revolves around analysis of the games and the parameters that influence it.

Most people posting in the SP forums, give only impressions on the games as they can't/didn't spent large amounts of time playing them at a competitive level, which means that their criteria tend to be other than gameplay usually or not very well expressed usually when concerning gameplay.

I was for many years an SP player only, and after trying MP (in MTW), all i can say is no matter how convenient and good for imaginative boons SP is - it misses the rare almost wild joy of an MP confrontation. TW MP battles are unique in that seeing good players do it the whole feels more like ballet rather than war. Its a balancing act in space and time - and its a beautiful one.

MP Veterans can tell at a glance what is good and what is not for the gameplay way more objectively most of the time and also explain why to the rest of us and in fact to CA too. Moreover they can do so in a concrete, simple manner including feasible suggestions for improving it. A large part SP player suggetions can be taken care of through simple home modding.

It would be bad news to my ears at least, if the community turned uni-opinion because "we can't change anything - and so let it go and play some other game" as this will make the community litterally unable to realise what is going on, and sail with whatever wind is blowing.

Its helpful, i believe to the TW community and (also) to CA alike - that veteran MP players stay on as active members one way or another. It is no accident that CA keeps promising things for them too (remember the blogs for M2? "just like Shogun and Medieval") and that it tries to "include them" in the new games. As to CA's intentions and success upon the last two - that's entirely another matter.

Many Thanks

Noir

Very Senior Member Gawain of Orkeny's Avatar

And here I am using turks with 8 to 12 archers and still winning. I guess they dont work LOL. Same with Tims. The dual units are quite good. In fact Im really starting to enjoy this game and cant wait for the expansion. If its as good as VI the original MTW expansion I will be overjoyed.
    Fighting for Truth , Justice and the American way

Quote Originally Posted by Gawain of Orkeny
    And here I am using turks with 8 to 12 archers and still winning. I guess they dont work LOL.
    And maybe you're the better player. You have to do objective testing to determine if a unit is balanced properly.

The dual units are quite good.
    Dual units are problematic because they reduce the complexity of the tactical gameplay. To see this carry it further and visualize a unit that embodies three capabilities. Such a unit would be the only unit type needed.

In fact Im really starting to enjoy this game and cant wait for the expansion. If its as good as VI the original MTW expansion I will be overjoyed.
    MTW/VI is not well balanced since it only has a two component tactical gameplay. Spears and shooters are both inadequate leaving cav and swords as the two important components.

blaaaaaaaaaarg! Senior Member Lusted's Avatar

Look what has been posted at .com:

http://shoguntotalwar.yuku.com/topic...-Feedback.html

A multiplayer feedback thread, so i'd suggest al you mpers go over there and post your hearts out as they're actively asking for your feedback.

To Mars, Noir and Lusted. Despite we went off topic few times, this topic was not made to criticize MTW 2 or CA in first place but to get different opinions on MTW 2 v1.2 gameplay - to share different experiences regarding game engine.

Look what has been posted at .com:

http://shoguntotalwar.yuku.com/topic...-Feedback.html

A multiplayer feedback thread, so i'd suggest al you mpers go over there and post your hearts out as they're actively asking for your feedback.
    Thanks for the link Lusted.

And one more which is also posted on this forums.
    http://www.medievalmpmayhem.com/
    Last edited by Fenix7; 05-22-2007 at 01:14.
    ''Constant training is the only Way to learn strategy.''

Stop playing the game if u dont like, stop trolling here and stop repeating the negativ input u give over and over again. Accept it and play the game like it is or move on and find a better game u like more.
    Before CA released the game, they said, that it will be a very good multiplayer experience. Well balanced like mtw vi. They did so many for the mp mode bla bla bla .... Many "old" players have bought the game because of these lies. I had to sell the game with losses. And I think the others should now know the truth. If they had said, we are not interested in the ****ing mp guys and It is rome 2 with many new bugs, I had never bought the game and I wouldn't have any problem. But these ****ing marketing lies are ............!

But that was really really the LAST mistake regarding CA and SEGA!
    Last edited by |Heerbann|_Di3Hard; 05-26-2007 at 08:48.

Quote Originally Posted by |Heerbann|_Di3Hard
    Before CA released the game, they said, that it will be a very good multiplayer experience. Well balanced like mtw vi. They did so many for the mp mode bla bla bla .... Many "old" players have bought the game because of these lies. I had to sell the game with losses. And I think the others should now know the truth. If they had said, we are not interested in the ****ing mp guys and It is rome 2 with many new bugs, I had never bought the game and I wouldn't have any problem. But these ****ing marketing lies are ............!

I stated above. We FOOLS have got emotional ties to the game and therefore we are ready to believe in such promises and ESPECIALLY when we see that one of the community members is included in the team and it is particularly him who is making the promises (even creating blogs and announcing stuff there and etc), we have no other chance left but trusting them. But...

Well nevermind...It is just a video game in the end. In the past it was more than that. It really was. But now I don't think there is much people left feeling like that. Unfortunatly I do not interpret the game as something special anymore.
    Last edited by Wolf_Kyolic; 05-26-2007 at 11:53.

Many "old" players have bought the game because of these lies.
    When I first got MTW2 and logged on I was so pleasantly surprised. I saw old players I hadnt seen in years. Not a few of them but lots of them Fears Uglys FFs and many more. I think there maybe 20 or 30 old vets I know now still playing. Its a sad thing. Not including all those Celtis they seem to have taken a relish to the game.

Without a doubt, ur right.

But do u really think anyone of the SPlayer (thats what this game aim for) care a second for lag in MP?

The big splits and imbalances, which are problems in MP, are needed the same time for SP, since they reflect the new stage of ur building.

...aka, new units has to be better...thatss logical.

The 95% of the buyer are not caring for the lag in MP, they dont care for the imbalances, most of them play the game for the campaign and wanna build something up. I bet 80% or more do autoresolve the battles anyway. So please, realize that writing on the org doesnt have the smallest effect.

Infact, many modder have a "job" coz the game is considered as "bad", so they can actual go and balance it more. IF the game would be top balanced, the modder had less to do. So the problems give people something to do.

About 2000, oldtimer will always agree that the game was a lot better, u hardly can compare that with the current game. But thats life, times move on and people leave. Community changed a lot and the game get the community it deserve...

Its okay, there are people who enjoy the game like it is now. Great. U and me dont enjoy it, we dont even play ;) So all i can say is, Good Luck with the other TW versions, maybe someday CA brings a crazy game like STW out again. Im sure many would love this, but till this day, we both check the forums from time to time. Puzz, old friend, ur full of anger, it hurts me to see a nice inteleligent guy, who did imense work for this game beeing in such a bad mood ;)

Get over it, u wont change anything by repeating the same over and over again. It is like it is and it isnt in our might to change important things.

Play other games, find something what fits ur liking....i did it and for me its just the old memories which bring me back to these places. I wont touch a TW game again, but still i like the community, at least some people and whats left of the old glory days....

Mars
    Oh demn vet alert!!

I hate being blunt *Then don't be* (Hosa)

Kyolic you right man I will play these games come hell or high water, they are awesome, theres just something about em that keeps me coming back... and the guys who have been playing since the "golden age" (lmao!!!) and don't play anymore I dont get why because the here and now MP community is whats up, we are trying to do something about it, check out the MMM forums and the CCS, nobody gives how long

I like RTW/BI and I also like M2TW after the patch, couldn't stand it before but now it's more than playable, all they gotta do IMO is fix the lag online, let us change the weather and you have a good MP.
    Last edited by Hosakawa Tito; 05-26-2007 at 17:30. Reason: unfriendly diarrhea of the mouth

Oh demn vet alert!!

I hate being blunt *Then don't be* (Hosa)

Kyolic you right man I will play these games come hell or high water, they are awesome, theres just something about em that keeps me coming back... and the guys who have been playing since the "golden age" (lmao!!!) and don't play anymore I dont get why because the here and now MP community is whats up, we are trying to do something about it, check out the MMM forums and the CCS, nobody gives how long

I like RTW/BI and I also like M2TW after the patch, couldn't stand it before but now it's more than playable, all they gotta do IMO is fix the lag online, let us change the weather and you have a good MP.
    Today 12:48
    I think your being way to rough on us old guys. Also it seems you dont know what you missed if you started with RTW if thats the case. The games have gone down in realistic play but improved in graphics for the most part since I started playing these games. I hated RTW so much I returned it. The fact that my pc wouldnt run it right sure was a big factor I have to admit.

I remember waitn years for RTW. We were promised it would be MTW only better. Well it was not. It was in fact play wise a step backwrds. Better they improved VI by giving it 20 units and better graphics was what most of us thought at the time.

I like you however love these mp games so I went and bought MTW2. I dont think its as good play wise as STW (ive only played the mod) or VI but it sure looks better and playes well enough to make it enjoyable at least for me,

After 6 years of broken promises you cant blame some here for being cynical.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus`
    let us change the weather and you have a good MP.
    woaw! cool.

As far as im concerned, I just keep hoping for a great mp-part in the next TW-game. At least CA now listen to the community (some say they only pretend ). We shall see....

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf_Kyolic
    woaw! cool.
    shhh

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus`
    shhh

something disturbs you?
    Last edited by Wolf_Kyolic; 05-31-2007 at 18:40.

Banned ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

When I first got MTW2 and logged on I was so pleasantly surprised. I saw old players I hadnt seen in years. Not a few of them but lots of them Fears Uglys FFs and many more. I think there maybe 20 or 30 old vets I know now still playing. Its a sad thing. Not including all those Celtis they seem to have taken a relish to the game.

Me to. I had firewall ploblems at start, but I came on few days after, and saw old vets, like MagyarKhan,Kuorgange (dunno why I can't spell his name lol), Kanuni, Another Grey Wolf member, my old friend Relok.... You get my point. I just think, I also fell for the lies CA told us about MTW2, and that not a suprise since I only been doing MP since Early 2004 on VI. but to see older vets trying out the game, and leaving, makes me sick. I know some vets play the MP still, and that's fine, keep the MP going, but you know, why you think I can't stand playing MP anymore? just doesn't have that "feel" to it like STW:MI or MTW:VI had or even Samurai Warlords Beta8

Quote Originally Posted by {BHC}KingWarman888
    just doesn't have that "feel" to it like STW:MI
    Ye...Warman remembers those days very well...Although...He was 5 years old by then.
    Last edited by Wolf_Kyolic; 06-03-2007 at 11:25.

Banned ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf_Kyolic
    Ye...Warman remembers those days very well...Although...He was 5 years old by then.
    I was actually 8, playing SP every day ,I should have just stuck with VI

Though I was tempted to join the MP ranks of STW< but never got around to it back then. big mistake me thinks for me

Quote Originally Posted by |Heerbann|_Di3Hard

People really dont get it. In deep respect of all the Mplayer, but with like 3% of the whole sales, this is just.....gah!

If u really bought the last games, ur fault!

I playtested it and after that i decided since RTW, to not buy it.

CA did lie in the one or the other way since STW, STW came out with a announced Online Campaign... If u didnt learn it by now, i dont know.

But this all isnt the point! Its only about, do u like the current TW game or not. If not, u come alond here and make some emotional posts abotu the good old time... i dont see the use of complain over and over again.

The major SP market, thats where CA earns the money, doesnt care for this MPlayer stuff at all. U can cry u can describe how crap it is, but u wont change anything. Noone who plan to buy a CA game goes to the ORG and check MP forum to decide, if hes buying the game or not.

Mars

U can cry u can describe how crap it is, but u wont change anything. Noone who plan to buy a CA game goes to the ORG and check MP forum to decide, if hes buying the game or not.
    Some of the old players come back here to check the status.

Here's the status:

The multiplayer game is a tactical extravaganza with finishing moves that will make your eyes pop. Don't worry about the lag because there are plans to attempt to fix that in the next game, but you have to realize that the code base is huge which makes finding the cause of a problem like looking for a needle in a haystack.

Puzz3D,

Mate you know I respect your knowledge of this game and your contribution to this community. But in a few threads on here you've been a fairly vocal detractor against M2TW (as have I). Having admited you dont own a copy of the game!. Im just going to say this, and please dont take offence. I dont think you should be commenting in M2TW threads unless you at least own a copy of M2TW... because at the moment your behaviour in similar to the definition of a troll.

I at least bought a copy and played a few games online so I could feel justified in having an opinion on the MP forum. The game is what it is, its not going to be drastically altered or improved, and I doubt you are suddenly going to buy a copy. So why flog the dead horse? I would not see a problem with posting how much better MTW is compared to M2 in the MTW forum, or posting in threads about the next title. But its getting a little like a broken record dude, Im sorry but I dont think you should be bagging a game based on the hearsay of others. Its the whole customers right to complain thing.. but your not a customer. Given the game is as it is I dont think theres anything positive to be gained by giving it a flogging at every opportunity. Or if you are wanting to give it a flogging - then buy a copy at the least or keep the critiques out of the M2TW forums. Please make as many constructive comments as you wish from your knowledge of past games.

Kocmoc,
    strength and honour

with respect

Yun
    Quote Originally Posted by pevergreen View Post
    its pevergeren.

The game is better than VI is some ways but worse in most. The graphics go along way in making it enjoyable. Like any general If your units dont perform as designed or ordered either find others to fill the role or find out what the unit is good for. The patch in general has improved things but now it seems archers are almost useless unless mandated by rules. It also seems that cav limit rules are needed as well. With the right rules the game can play much like VI. But we should not have to resort to that. Hopefully things will continue to improve with the expansion.

If I knew of a better game like this I would play it. And remember my new PC wont play VI. Plus theres still enough of us old guys there to make it fun.

Hopefully things will continue to improve with the expansion.
    Nope.

There will be a huge f..k up in terms of balance and stuff and people will start begging for a patch. The "patch" will come after 6 months and it will solve half of the problems. Then people will start begging for an other patch and CA will be good enough to give them an other patch after an other 6 months (1 year in total) and by then, the new TW would be announced as well and people will start dreaming that it will be the "ultimate" tw ever. When it is released...

Return back to start of the above paragraph if you want to know what will happen when that next tw will be released.

Return back to start of the above paragraph if you want to know what will happen when that next tw will be released.
    Tell me about it. I came here when MTW 1st started. Then along came VI and i said to myslef this is great. Then they started announcing what RTW was going to be like. I remember how psyched up everyone here got and it went on for over a year. Then the game comes out and its a step backwards. Its seems this is the way they do things. I still think they would be better off perfecting one game before moving on to the next. Instead none ever gets perfected or even close.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast