Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Your opinions on MTW 2, version 1.02

Default Re: Your opinions on MTW 2, version 1.02

im using an intel 3.46 ghz, 2048 gig ram, 8500gt nvidia by bfg and my game plays immaculate on single player and does an excellent job of playing a 3v3 game providing that one of the connection issues doesnt pop up.

i would wish there would be just a little bit of assistance from sega. it would go a long way to solving the issues. i think they have used a network code that requires ports that are not the best for packets to flow through.

Very Senior Member Gawain of Orkeny's Avatar

im using an intel 3.46 ghz, 2048 gig ram, 8500gt nvidia by bfg and my game plays immaculate on single player
    If you have cable or good dsl i guess you would rate a star too then

At least all of us with good stuff could find each other. The game runs at the speed of the weakest link.
    Fighting for Truth , Justice and the American way

Yup and that´s the problem, loads of people don´t realise they can´t play this game on High Graphics and try multiplayer.

Next to that for a good experience you need a 5mb line, now here in Holland such costs only 10 euro´s a month, but I heard that in other countries 5mb is like the maximum you can get.

Not to speak of playing with people from other continents. It´s near to impossible to play with someone from a different continent, but how am I supposed to know someone comes from another continent?

Quote Originally Posted by Gawain of Orkeny
    Now you sit in the game 10 or 15 min waiting for everyone to join. It seems the longer you sit there the more chance there is your game will crash. Finally you have a full game and it says game halted.

Now everyone has to leave . Then rehost and rejoin. Someone always has to go because this is like the third game this has happened to them in a row and their out of time. So now were back waiting to fill the game.

If were lucky it starts this time. Well you get to the battlefield anyway but one guy dosent make it. Thats right back to the lobby again. Someone else now has to go. Your right back where you started from. To make a long story short the next thing you know your out of time and have to go and are lucky if you got a game in. There is nothing more frustrating . It always makes me think twice before I log on.

Now what is the reason for this?

Could it be stupid coding?

Hmm...

I guess so.

It's an example of deteriorated multiplay, just for once I'd like game developers to come clean and tell it like it is

.....Orda

Member Member Chaos Cornelius lucius's Avatar
    Off in the woods with my longbow wondering where my arrow went...

Quote Originally Posted by Stig
    Yup and that´s the problem, loads of people don´t realise they can´t play this game on High Graphics and try multiplayer.

Next to that for a good experience you need a 5mb line, now here in Holland such costs only 10 euro´s a month, but I heard that in other countries 5mb is like the maximum you can get.

Not to speak of playing with people from other continents. It´s near to impossible to play with someone from a different continent, but how am I supposed to know someone comes from another continent?
    I'm playing with a 2.8 intel dual core, 2mb of ram and a 7300 Geforce, and I have no probs playing SP on high graphics. I turn them down to low for MP, and I have a 1.5mb connection, but I very rarely get a game without lag, mostly serious lag. I have heard that the optics cables from Australia are somewhat crowded tho. Any other aussie players have problems, or is it just my distance from the exchange?.
    I love playing MTW2 online but the problems Gawain has so ably illustrated means I very rarely play it now as I have neither the time nor the inclination to sit around for an hour trying to get a game and then having it crash as soon as you get to the field.
    I may have to dig out my old copy of VI and join the 'friday nighters', that is if I can remember how to play it that is

Yeah, its funny. The CD key crap is still around, the problems with it kept same... and the GS registration is still tiresome and too complex for new player.

The best we ever had was at the EA times, where it was very easy to get online as new player.

A peak in MI we had was 240-260 in some evening, STW was 100 in the early days, later we was mostly around 50-70 player. 90% of them was always the same.

The game itself is designed to be played as SP, the campaing is the mainreason people buy it. It doest surprise me that only a few hundred are getting online.

Anyway, i want to mention a very important point, in STW/MI there was a ladder, this ladder kinda made many people play 1v1. This did lead to a lot of played games. U always found a poor sheep who joined ur game ;)

Right now its surely 95% of all games are teamgames, coz u can hide behind ur buddy, if something goes wrong.

Ofc, this problems doesnt jsut appear now, they was also around the other TW games. Nothin new, CA never did change it and never will, accept it.

Mars

Nur-ad-Din Forum Administrator TosaInu's Avatar

10 euros a month for a 5 mb line in Holland?

http://www.adsl.nl

15 euros is the cheapest for 5120/1024, but only for a 2 years contract. I question how good that line is. 20-40 euros/month is a more common pricetag. XS4ALL Basic ADSL 6000/768 39,95.
    Ja mata

TosaInu

Just light the fuse... Member guyfawkes5's Avatar

Actually I find the opposite to be true, that the majority of games in the lobby are 1v1s. I base this on personal experience and the fact that 1v1s tend to take less time and are less prone to lag, thus attracting people who have trouble with GS.

10 euros a month for a 5 mb line in Holland?
    Always get the advertisements which gives you a solid price for a year than have it another year and switch over.

Essent advertised 10mb for 10 euro's last week

Actually I find the opposite to be true, that the majority of games in the lobby are 1v1s. I base this on personal experience and the fact that 1v1s tend to take less time and are less prone to lag, thus attracting people who have trouble with GS.
    Mp really isnt about 1 on 1s. Who would need a clan then? I never play one on one. You dont even use the same armies. Its rush rush rush. The reason you see so many 1 on 1s now is because its hard to play anything bigger. LOL.

In STW, 1v1 was popular because there was a rating system built into the MP game which gave each player a ranking relative to all the other players based on their last 30 battles. You could go to a website and lookup a player's rating. There was also a top 100 list, and you could get information on who the opponents were in a battle. Clans also achieved a ranking, and team games contributed to the clan ranking. Players could choose to play competitive games which were rated or friendly games which were not rated.

_________Designed to match Original STW gameplay.

Beta 8 + Beta 8.1 patch + New Maps + Sound add-on + Castles 2

Just light the fuse... Member guyfawkes5's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gawain of Orkeny
    Mp really isnt about 1 on 1s. Who would need a clan then? I never play one on one. You dont even use the same armies. Its rush rush rush. The reason you see so many 1 on 1s now is because its hard to play anything bigger. LOL.
    I fully agree with you mate... although seeing as I pretty much said exactly what you did in regards as to why we see so many 1v1s, why did you quote me and not the poster beforehand?

Banned ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Puzz3D
    In STW, 1v1 was popular because there was a rating system built into the MP game which gave each player a ranking relative to all the other players based on their last 30 battles. You could go to a website and lookup a player's rating. There was also a top 100 list, and you could get information on who the opponents were in a battle. Clans also achieved a ranking, and team games contributed to the clan ranking. Players could choose to play competitive games which were rated or friendly games which were not rated.
    That why I tried to push (mostly privately) for a ranking system for MT2W,so It can bring back some of that feel. Sadly, I guess 1 person can't make much differnece.

Well, for my two cents, as everyone has been waiting with baited breath to hear.

I pretty much fall in line with everything Gawain has had to say. (Although I don't know if I can say that now after your slight on the Poles. My clannies may not take that lightly )

I think the bottom line is that MTW II with the new patch is fun to play, but there are improvements (that have been mentioned by many) that would certainly improve the game. I love the variety of units (not available in STW) and the ability to combine the armies of different nations into unique killing combinations. (Not really available in MTW VI as only the most skilled players could make a competitive team out of the non-pav crossbow supplied factions.)

I threw out RTW, but I think anyone who likes the TotalWar system is missing out by not giving this game a try. As for people online, it seems better than MTW VI and as people tire of the SP version, I think we will get more.

If you need a good game Gawain, just check for me or clannies online and join us. I think one of the problems now is that clans don't know each other as well and even though there are a lot of clan players online, it's hard to start a game with people you don't know.

Mongo
    "Mongo only pawn in game of life." - Blazing Saddles

"Mongoclint only pawn in game of MTW"-Mongoclint

Oh, and my hope for the next title, (again the baited breath, I know) STW II, with the variety of factions and units available now on MTW II, but without the lag issues.
    "Mongo only pawn in game of life." - Blazing Saddles

"Mongoclint only pawn in game of MTW"-Mongoclint

Fareast Asian And Shogun 2 total war.

F.A.A.S. 2

fast as a shark 2

The code name is Fast As Shark 2: Yeah Baby!
    Unit Design Lead

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.

Village special needs person Member Kobal2fr's Avatar

Now I'm having flashes of "2 Fast, 2 Furious : Total War". I'm in severe sleep deprivation, that might explain the visions of souped-up race cars (with neons) ploughing tracks in Ashigaru units
    Anything wrong ? Blame it on me. I'm the French.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lusted
    The code name is Fast As Shark 2: Yeah Baby!
    Someone seriously had nothing to do when he thought of that name

Future Age Shogun 2: Yoshi's babies

Starship Samurai

Plays too slow online for me and units seem unresponsive, i love the long road campaign single player 1.02 and the battles dont lag offline.

"The mind is everything. What you think you become."

"The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed."

Buddha

I must admit 1 thing - polish cav charges are devastating.
    John Thomas Gross - liar who want put on Poles responsibility for impassivity of American Jews during holocaust

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345