Thread: Unit Movement

Default Unit Movement

Yesterday during battle, I got extremely fustrated at my units not moving where I wanted them to go. I was seiging a city and I had broken through and pushed the enemy AI forces back to the city square. Now I wanted my calavry to come and flank them so I sent them through an alternate route. But instead of going where I wanted them to go, they walked outside of the castle walls. Then I clicked again and instead of going there they went the opposite direction and went around the entire city. I could understand this if there was something obstructing the path but it was wide open path.

Is this a bug or something because it can honestly be very annoying in battle (and cause excess casualties)?

Amphibious Trebuchet Salesman Member Whacker's Avatar

Default Re: Unit Movement

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceUnion
    Yesterday during battle, I got extremely fustrated at my units not moving where I wanted them to go. I was seiging a city and I had broken through and pushed the enemy AI forces back to the city square. Now I wanted my calavry to come and flank them so I sent them through an alternate route. But instead of going where I wanted them to go, they walked outside of the castle walls. Then I clicked again and instead of going there they went the opposite direction and went around the entire city. I could understand this if there was something obstructing the path but it was wide open path.

Is this a bug or something because it can honestly be very annoying in battle (and cause excess casualties)?
    You aren't alone. There are a good number of us out here who think that the current pathing/unit cohesion, blobbing/unit movement mechanics are horrible. Comparing this to RTW, I think RTW blows M2TW away in all regards here except for pathfinding which is marginally better, and eliminating that random RTW "unit get spread out across the entire battle map" bug. In all other areas, command response speed/accuracy, unit cohesion when moving, etc, RTW did it miles better.

"Justice is the firm and continuous desire to render to everyone
    that which is his due."
    - Justinian I

Pretty realistic description of a unit under the influence of mind altering substance placed in water supply by cunning enemy IMHO.

Also I noticed that whenever I tell my archers to stop firing they keep on firing and causing me friendly fire casualties.

blaaaaaaaaaarg! Senior Member Lusted's Avatar

If your achers have fire at will on they will keep on firing even if you tell them to stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Lusted
    If your achers have fire at will on they will keep on firing even if you tell them to stop.
    Hmmm I'm pretty sure I didn't click that on but I might have. Does anyone else experience this problem with the option off?

Guardian of the Fleet Senior Member Shahed's Avatar

Yes I do.

They will only stop shooting, even if fire at will is off, when they finish their current firing animation.
    If you remember me from M:TW days add me on Steam, do mention your org name.

http://www.steamcommunity.com/id/__shak