Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 51

Thread: A Petition To Reverse Abuse

  1. #1
    In the shadows... Member Vuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    R.I.P. TosaInu In the shadows...
    Posts
    5,992

    Default A Petition To Reverse Abuse

    As I am sure you all know, I recently had my backroom access removed and was given a warning for participating in a discussion of religion into which I stated facts that were politically incorrect.
    While what I said, I am sure, made many members uncomfortable, they were true. Something shouldn't be censored SOLELY for the reason that it makes people uncomfortable. You could make me uncomfortable because of my white side by bringing up all the discrimination commited by whites on other races, or you could step on the toes of my black blood (a good amount of it) by mentioning all the slavery, warfare, and discrimination commited against other blacks, or you could shake-up my Christian side by bringing up all the attrocities that people claiming to be Christians have committed in the name of Christianity, but as uncomfortable as all of these would make me, they would all be the truth, and I would not expect them to be censored.
    As a matter of fact, I have to put up with all kinds of uncensored discrimination that is not based in fact at all - against my religion, my political view points, and other parts of my being.
    I was challenged on what I said and it (what I said) was called lies, so I proved that everything I said was complete truth (at least half-way...till I was banned from the Backroom...maybe that was why. Was I banned because I promised to bring up truths (and have cited sources for them all) that would have proved what I said beyond a shadow of a doubt, blown the argument made by those arguing against me out of the water, and made some people uncomfortable? That tells me that you have something to hide.).
    Some truth makes people uncomfortable - I thought that was what the backroom was for. Every religious thread ends up wripping Christianity apart, yet when someone says something about islam (something completely true) it is quickly censored. The information I presented about islam was proven and documented fact, yet what is said about Christianity on this board on a daily basis is nothing but unfounded, mindless, blasphemous, insulting, insensitive, taunts.
    If you don't like insults and flames make a rule that all posts must be made of proven fact and not opinion...or is it the fact that you want to ommit, leaving only the flaming and insults in the guise of intellegent conversation?
    I was rationally discussing religion using fact, not flaming or insulting. If it is flaming or insulting that you want to go on in the backroom, state so clearly and ban all members but Tribesman, Watchman, BG, and a hand full of Christian conservatives for them to prey on. (Yes you can count that as an official accusation and complaint).

    Vuk
    Hammer, anvil, forge and fire, chase away The Hoofed Liar. Roof and doorway, block and beam, chase The Trickster from our dreams.
    Vigilance is our shield, that protects us from our squalid past. Knowledge is our weapon, with which we carve a path to an enlightened future.

    Everything you need to know about Kadagar_AV:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadagar_AV View Post
    In a racial conflict I'd have no problem popping off some negroes.

  2. #2
    Guest Stig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    At the bar
    Posts
    4,215

    Default Re: A Petition To Reverse Abuse

    Vuk, let me put this nicely:

    why don't you kindly piss off?

  3. #3
    Headless Senior Member Pannonian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    7,469

    Default Re: A Petition To Reverse Abuse

    Quote Originally Posted by Stig
    Vuk, let me put this nicely:

    why don't you kindly piss off?
    Vuk wants to reverse abuse. So you should tell him to kindly ffo ssip.

  4. #4
    In the shadows... Member Vuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    R.I.P. TosaInu In the shadows...
    Posts
    5,992

    Default Re: A Petition To Reverse Abuse

    What, will you car bomb me if I don't? ;) Just joking. I meant that in a very kind way. The same way as you meant piss off, I have faith in it!

    Vuk
    Hammer, anvil, forge and fire, chase away The Hoofed Liar. Roof and doorway, block and beam, chase The Trickster from our dreams.
    Vigilance is our shield, that protects us from our squalid past. Knowledge is our weapon, with which we carve a path to an enlightened future.

    Everything you need to know about Kadagar_AV:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadagar_AV View Post
    In a racial conflict I'd have no problem popping off some negroes.

  5. #5
    Senior member Senior Member Dutch_guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Holland.
    Posts
    5,006

    Default Re: A Petition To Reverse Abuse

    If it is flaming or insulting that you want to go on in the backroom, state so clearly and ban all members but Tribesman, Watchman, BG, and a hand full of Christian conservatives for them to prey on. (Yes you can count that as an official accusation and complaint).
    If Banquo insulted you [....] and you feel this warning was wrongfully given, why don't you simply try to settle this by PM ?

    I'm an athiest. I get offended everytime I see a cold, empty room. - MRD


  6. #6
    In the shadows... Member Vuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    R.I.P. TosaInu In the shadows...
    Posts
    5,992

    Default Re: A Petition To Reverse Abuse

    I tried. He simply told me in other words that he was a mod, he had the power, and that there was nothing I could do to have my wrongs righted.

    Vuk
    Hammer, anvil, forge and fire, chase away The Hoofed Liar. Roof and doorway, block and beam, chase The Trickster from our dreams.
    Vigilance is our shield, that protects us from our squalid past. Knowledge is our weapon, with which we carve a path to an enlightened future.

    Everything you need to know about Kadagar_AV:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadagar_AV View Post
    In a racial conflict I'd have no problem popping off some negroes.

  7. #7
    Guest Stig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    At the bar
    Posts
    4,215

    Default Re: A Petition To Reverse Abuse

    How about a link to the thread? So we can all enjoy it

  8. #8
    In the shadows... Member Vuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    R.I.P. TosaInu In the shadows...
    Posts
    5,992

    Default Re: A Petition To Reverse Abuse

    If I had my backroom access back I could show you.
    Hammer, anvil, forge and fire, chase away The Hoofed Liar. Roof and doorway, block and beam, chase The Trickster from our dreams.
    Vigilance is our shield, that protects us from our squalid past. Knowledge is our weapon, with which we carve a path to an enlightened future.

    Everything you need to know about Kadagar_AV:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadagar_AV View Post
    In a racial conflict I'd have no problem popping off some negroes.

  9. #9

    Post Re: A Petition To Reverse Abuse

    Please may I request that you calm down and refrain from transforming this thread into a hostile environment. Please may I request that you relax and wait for TosaInu/Ser Clegane/somebody else with satisfactory authority to deal with this matter. Thanks.
    Dawn is nature's way of telling you to go back to bed

  10. #10
    In the shadows... Member Vuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    R.I.P. TosaInu In the shadows...
    Posts
    5,992

    Default Re: A Petition To Reverse Abuse

    Quote Originally Posted by Omanes Alexandrapolites the Idiot
    Please may I request that you calm down and refrain from transforming this thread into a hostile environment. Please may I request that you relax and wait for TosaInu/Ser Clegane/somebody else with satisfactory authority to deal with this matter. Thanks.
    In case you haven't noticed, my post was to the admins, and the first reply was a regular member telling me to piss-off!! I am turning it into a hostile environment?!! No wonder you chose your name as you did!
    Hammer, anvil, forge and fire, chase away The Hoofed Liar. Roof and doorway, block and beam, chase The Trickster from our dreams.
    Vigilance is our shield, that protects us from our squalid past. Knowledge is our weapon, with which we carve a path to an enlightened future.

    Everything you need to know about Kadagar_AV:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadagar_AV View Post
    In a racial conflict I'd have no problem popping off some negroes.

  11. #11
    Senior Member Senior Member Ser Clegane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Running in circles in the white tower
    Posts
    6,604

    Default Re: A Petition To Reverse Abuse

    Please keep this civil, folks (and telling others to **** off does not count as civil).

    @Vuk
    The reason that was given for you warning was "trolling" (not "spamming" as you chose to state in the other thread).
    Examples for "trolling" in the posts that you made:
    Quote Originally Posted by Vuk
    I will post some verses from the koran on war. There are many of these verses and they are VERY hard to misunderstand. In fact, to misunderstand them you would have to be a dribbling, brown-nose, politically correct leftist who can't see past ali's rear turban!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vuk
    Taking from the "holy books" of islam is important, but it is also important to understand the animal who wrote them: Muhamed.
    Enough to warrant the 1-pointer you were given.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vuk in post #6
    He simply told me in other words that he was a mod, he had the power
    These must have been very "other" words indeed...

    EDIT: @Vuk - addendum:
    The request to remain civil applies to you as well - no reason to insult other patrons who made a polite post (a post that was not even necessarily directed at you)
    Last edited by Ser Clegane; 05-06-2007 at 21:18.

  12. #12
    In the shadows... Member Vuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    R.I.P. TosaInu In the shadows...
    Posts
    5,992

    Default Re: A Petition To Reverse Abuse

    Quote Originally Posted by Ser Clegane
    Please keep this civil, folks (and telling others to **** off does not count as civil).

    @Vuk
    The reason that was given for you warning was "trolling" (not "spamming" as you chose to state in the other thread).
    Examples for "trolling" in the posts that you made:

    That was trolling?! No, it was not! I never called anyone on this board that. It was a simple hyperbole to show that no matter how leftist or conservative one is, they cannot avoid the truth. I was actually quite proud of the way I worded that. I didn't know that poetic expression was censored on this board.


    Muhammed is an animal! Your an animal! Your grandmother was an animal! Tosa is an animal! Even the sexy Vuk is an animal!! All humans are animals! It is science! What school did you graduate exactly? (Answer: "Elementary my dear Watson, Elementary!") Would I get in trouble also if I called him a human? After all, he is both?

    Enough to warrant the 1-pointer you were given.

    Not really (as I did not direct it torward anyone, on this board or anywhere), and certainly not enough to warrant my backroom access being removed.




    These must have been very "other" words indeed...

    Other words, yes. That was his general drift though.

    EDIT: @Vuk - addendum:
    The request to remain civil applies to you as well - no reason to insult other patrons who made a polite post (a post that was not even necessarily directed at you)
    He chose his name, not me. The post was right after mine and clearly directed at me. Your right, I do not have proof that his post was directed torward me, and he doesn't have proof that my comment didn't mean that he resembled Omanes Alexandrapolites a lot. We can all believe what we like in our happy little world. ;)

    Vuk
    Hammer, anvil, forge and fire, chase away The Hoofed Liar. Roof and doorway, block and beam, chase The Trickster from our dreams.
    Vigilance is our shield, that protects us from our squalid past. Knowledge is our weapon, with which we carve a path to an enlightened future.

    Everything you need to know about Kadagar_AV:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadagar_AV View Post
    In a racial conflict I'd have no problem popping off some negroes.

  13. #13
    Honorary Argentinian Senior Member Gyroball Champion, Karts Champion Caius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    I live in my home, don't you?
    Posts
    8,114

    Default Re: A Petition To Reverse Abuse

    Quote Originally Posted by Vuk
    In case you haven't noticed, my post was to the admins, and the first reply was a regular member telling me to piss-off!! I am turning it into a hostile environment?!! No wonder you chose your name as you did!
    Calm Vuk,

    Sorry If Im talking in something that doesnt concerns to me, but I think Omanes has no relation with your incident, he is trying to help you, and he doesnt deserve to be insulted by you.




    Names, secret names
    But never in my favour
    But when all is said and done
    It's you I love

  14. #14
    Senior Member Senior Member Ser Clegane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Running in circles in the white tower
    Posts
    6,604

    Default Re: A Petition To Reverse Abuse

    Quote Originally Posted by Vuk
    Muhammed is an animal! Your an animal! Your grandmother was an animal! Tosa is an animal! Even the sexy Vuk is an animal!! All humans are animals! It is science! What school did you graduate exactly? (Answer: "Elementary my dear Watson, Elementary!") Would I get in trouble also if I called him a human? After all, he is both?
    Quite frankly, I consider this to be a rather unconvincing attempt to play semantics...

    Quote Originally Posted by Vuk
    and certainly not enough to warrant my backroom access being removed.
    Your Backroom access had been temporarily removed after a track record of violations of our forum rules and general hostile behaviour (and if I remember correctly your reponse was that we should not bother to restore it as you did not intend to post there anymore).

    Your first series of posts after your temporarily forced Backroom absence expired were the posts for which you received the warning that you are contesting here.

    Given that context we decided to suspend your Backroom access again, and - to be honest - in this very thread here (i.e., your response to Omanes you are displaying the conduct that led us to believe that your general approach to discussing emotionally loaded topics is not appropriate for the Backroom.
    As the problems we see primarily affect the Backroom discussions and are not necessarily relevant for other parts of the org we decided to limit the removal of access to the Backroom.

  15. #15
    Liar and Trickster Senior Member Andres's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    In my own skin.
    Posts
    13,207

    Default Re: A Petition To Reverse Abuse

    Vuk, the way I read your quoted post, you called Muhammed an animal in an insulting way. You used the word "animal" in a pejorative meaning. That particular post cannot be interpreted in any other way. You have to admit that.

    I think you are well aware about what Muhammed means to muslims. Like you, I don't like political correctness and everyone has the right to express his opinion, even if it's completely wrong, stupid, idiocy, totally misplaced, insulting, etc etc. It's called freedom of speech.

    But, and here it comes: There is no freedom of speech here. Dhepee explained it much better than I will ever be able to do so right HERE

    So, there's only the Org rules that can be applied here.

    You signed up and thus you are supposed to know the rules of the Org, but here's a reminder:


    Quote Originally Posted by DA RULES
    Examples of objectionable messages include (but are not limited to):

    ...

    Posts containing any generally objectionable material: knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of any law. Posting of copyrighted material, unless the copyright is owned by you or by The Guild, is discouraged. The Guild expects its patrons to remain civil even in the face of disagreements. Any kind of "flaming", slurs, or insults -- addressed to either an individual or a group -- is extremely inappropriate. Please respect etiquette at all times.
    You called the most important figure of Islam an animal, using "animal" in a pejorative meaning. That's a fact. No more, no less.

    Which is in some countries a violation of the law. It's also defamatory (=harmful), abusive (=expressing offensive reproach), vulgar (lacking refinement or cultivation or taste), somewhat hateful and harassing (=annoying persistently, challenging aggressively).

    It is obvious that your post violated the rules and the warning was just imho.

    Oh, and you shouldn't complain about regular members giving their opinion on the issue. By making a thread in the Watchtower, you made this discussion public. If you wanted to have a discussion only with the Admins, you should have used the PM function instead of the Watchtower.
    Andres is our Lord and Master and could strike us down with thunderbolts or beer cans at any time. ~Askthepizzaguy

    Ja mata, TosaInu

  16. #16
    Guest Stig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    At the bar
    Posts
    4,215

    Default Re: A Petition To Reverse Abuse

    Vuk, I asked you to piss off. Tho that isn't really nice.
    I could ask you to vuk off, tho that isn't really nice as well.
    So now I will be really nice to you:
    please go away

    What you're doing here is not really helping you?

    Sides you're pissing me off

  17. #17
    In the shadows... Member Vuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    R.I.P. TosaInu In the shadows...
    Posts
    5,992

    Default Re: A Petition To Reverse Abuse

    Quote Originally Posted by Stig
    Vuk, I asked you to piss off. Tho that isn't really nice.
    I could ask you to vuk off, tho that isn't really nice as well.
    So now I will be really nice to you:
    please go away

    What you're doing here is not really helping you?

    Sides you're pissing me off
    First of all, learn history. Second of all, learn some phonetics. I do not say this to be unfriendly, but simply to make a sugestion in an attempt to better your future and the discussion that takes place on the ORG. The "u" in Vuk is pronounced like in "Pooh" (as in Pooh Bear). Not as in "f$%*".
    Now one could say that what you just said you could say, you said. But that is that. ;)
    I don't care if I am "pissing you off" (and please do not use that language, I find it very offencive ;)), I am trying to talk to the admins. BQ is a liar, and does not do his job. Tosa seems to ignore my PMs, so I must post here where they will all see.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ser Clegane
    Quite frankly, I consider this to be a rather unconvincing attempt to play semantics...

    Prove that the meaning that I said I posted that with is not truely the meaning I intended. I am glad you think so, but you cannot just assume things like that. As I already said, muhamed is an animal. Nothing wrong with saying so. ;)

    Your Backroom access had been temporarily removed after a track record of violations of our forum rules and general hostile behaviour (and if I remember correctly your reponse was that we should not bother to restore it as you did not intend to post there anymore).

    A track record? I will plead no contest to that (as I do not have the time, or energy to refute it, and the number and severity of violations needed to remove ones backroom access is completely up to your discretion and can change with your will), but that is not the subject of this conversation. I did ask you not too (and still wish you didn't), but you did give it back, and now I want it.

    Your first series of posts after your temporarily forced Backroom absence expired were the posts for which you received the warning that you are contesting here.

    It is this that I am contesting. What you removed me for the second time was unwarranted.

    Given that context we decided to suspend your Backroom access again, and - to be honest - in this very thread here (i.e., your response to Omanes you are displaying the conduct that led us to believe that your general approach to discussing emotionally loaded topics is not appropriate for the Backroom.

    I just got done being insulted and sworn at be several people trying to hijack (what a coincidence that I should use that word in this thread ) my thread. I was not responding emotionally, but simply trying to keep the discussion civil by spreading some humor.
    As the problems we see primarily affect the Backroom discussions and are not necessarily relevant for other parts of the org we decided to limit the removal of access to the Backroom.
    Praise a pile of camel dung! What would I do if you hadn't made that decision!?
    Quote Originally Posted by Andres
    Vuk, the way I read your quoted post, you called Muhammed an animal in an insulting way. You used the word "animal" in a pejorative meaning. That particular post cannot be interpreted in any other way. You have to admit that.

    I do? Who said that I meant it in an insulting way? I already said that I didn't. I remember someone calling Jesus Christ a pig, a over-praised proposter, and other things. Mods never commented on them...maybe because the mods share their views...
    Whatever the case, nothing that I could have said (no matter in which context you choose to take it) was in anyway any worse than the things that other members of the board said about Christianity.


    I think you are well aware about what Muhammed means to muslims. Like you, I don't like political correctness and everyone has the right to express his opinion, even if it's completely wrong, stupid, idiocy, totally misplaced, insulting, etc etc. It's called freedom of speech.

    Ahh...yes I do. I am also sure that the members of this board know what Christ means to Christians. The first time I say something untrue about muhamed, I will forgive a comment that they said about Christ. Yes, I have insulted Muhamed. I called him a jigalo, a pervert, etc. But everything I said about him was true. I was not just mindlessly insulting him. I was presenting fact with poetic expression.

    But, and here it comes: There is no freedom of speech here. Dhepee explained it much better than I will ever be able to do so right HERE


    You're darn right. There is no Freedom of speech, but there should be an equality of speech. (You know, the old "what's good for the goose is good for the gander") If one party can say anything they want (inside nearly boundless limits) about Christianity, they (or another party) should be able to say anything they want (within the same limits) about any other religion.
    A little while ago (50 or so years back), you could do nearly anything you wanted to a black, but if you messed with a wighty, you got it. Now you can say anything you want about whites, but you get it if you say anything about blacks. Being a mix of both, I get it both from the old prejduces from 50 years ago and from modern ones. That is why it is important that everyone be treated equally (which isn't to say that they can't be treated differently. I am not saying that guys and girls should be forced to wear the same types of clothes!). You shouldn't treat discussion of one religion differently than another. If facts, and truth, and rational discussion are allowed, then it should be applied to all religions. Certainly, people shouldn't be able to mindlessly insult one religion!

    So, there's only the Org rules that can be applied here.

    You signed up and thus you are supposed to know the rules of the Org, but here's a reminder:

    Originally Posted by DA RULES
    Examples of objectionable messages include (but are not limited to):

    ...

    Let's take this one step at a time.
    Posts containing any generally objectionable material: knowingly false and/or defamatory,nope inaccurate,certainly not abusive,nope vulgar,not unless islam is vulgar. What are you trying to say? ;) hateful,more like truthfull facts cannot be hatefull, only opinions harassing,nope, i was asked obscene, profane, sexually oriented,My sources certainly were, but they were direct from the koran. if their holy book is in violation of Guild rules, you should say directly that one cannot post passages from X rated "holy books" ;) threatening,Heavens! I should hope not! invasive of a person's privacy,nope or otherwise in violation of any lawnope. Posting of copyrighted material, unless the copyright is owned by you or by The Guild, is discouraged.nope The Guild expects its patrons to remain civil even in the face of disagreements. Any kind of "flaming", slurs, or insults -- addressed to either an individual or a group -- is extremely inappropriate.k, this is the closest to a rule that you could say I eer broke. I did make a few comments that, thought true, were of an intense nature Please respect etiquette at all times.Sorry, never learned my etiquette when I was young, surely one can't be punished for that? ;)

    You called the most important figure of Islam an animal, using "animal" in a pejorative meaning. That's a fact. No more, no less.

    That is your opinion. Whether you are correct or not, you cannot prove ones intent. ;) muhamed is the most important figure? Then where does poor little allah boy come in? Poor little boy, guess you forgot him. ;)

    Which is in some countries a violation of the law. It's also defamatory (=harmful), abusive (=expressing offensive reproach), vulgar (lacking refinement or cultivation or taste), somewhat hateful and harassing (=annoying persistently, challenging aggressively).
    In countries where woman are killed if they are raped by filthy animal men (there is that animal again ;)) they are put to death. I hope that that is not the type of country that the Org is going to base its policy on.

    It is obvious that your post violated the rules and the warning was just imho.
    If you assume meaning (which a mod should not be doing), I violated A rule, and he can give me a warning if he wants, but removing my access is completely an abuse of his power.

    Oh, and you shouldn't complain about regular members giving their opinion on the issue. By making a thread in the Watchtower, you made this discussion public. If you wanted to have a discussion only with the Admins, you should have used the PM function instead of the Watchtower.

    I already explained why I didn't settle it by PM. I couldn't.

    Sorry about the manner in which I wrote. I have been being very sarcastic, but for a reason. I have also been twisting some of my own comments (following the example of several members and mods on the ORG), but to stress a point. I hope that it has not been missed.
    The point still remains. My backroom access has been removed unjustly and should be restored. Also, BG should be punished for abuse of power.

    Vukenstien
    Hammer, anvil, forge and fire, chase away The Hoofed Liar. Roof and doorway, block and beam, chase The Trickster from our dreams.
    Vigilance is our shield, that protects us from our squalid past. Knowledge is our weapon, with which we carve a path to an enlightened future.

    Everything you need to know about Kadagar_AV:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadagar_AV View Post
    In a racial conflict I'd have no problem popping off some negroes.

  18. #18
    Senior member Senior Member Dutch_guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Holland.
    Posts
    5,006

    Default Re: A Petition To Reverse Abuse

    That is your opinion. Whether you are correct or not, you cannot prove ones intent. ;)
    It is unwise to assume people will automatically recognize your jab at one of the most important figures of a religion as mere poetic expression, especially over the internet - where even sarcasm has to be pointed out in order to be prevent confusion. Don't you think ?

    I assume said confusion has already been felt in this very thread, judging by how Omanes' post was taken.

    I'm an athiest. I get offended everytime I see a cold, empty room. - MRD


  19. #19
    Headless Senior Member Pannonian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    7,469

    Default Re: A Petition To Reverse Abuse

    If Banquo is disciplined for this, please remove my access to the Backroom. I do not want to be part of any community which deems Vuk's comments to be acceptable, and Banquo to be in the wrong for taking action over the matter. If this were in the RTR forums, I would be making a strong case for the person making those comments to be banned for inciting racial or religious hatred.

  20. #20

    Default Re: A Petition To Reverse Abuse

    Yea, BG is an evil person...

    Abandon all hope.

  21. #21
    In the shadows... Member Vuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    R.I.P. TosaInu In the shadows...
    Posts
    5,992

    Default Re: A Petition To Reverse Abuse

    Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian
    If Banquo is disciplined for this, please remove my access to the Backroom. I do not want to be part of any community which deems Vuk's comments to be acceptable, and Banquo to be in the wrong for taking action over the matter. If this were in the RTR forums, I would be making a strong case for the person making those comments to be banned for inciting racial or religious hatred.
    For telling the truth? lol, what hatred. :P
    For showing passages of the koran that show a pattern and pointing that pattern out (not that it needed any pointing out)? Are you saying that the koran is hateful?
    I'm glad that you love me as much as I love you darling cheeks! Snuggles!

    Vuk
    Hammer, anvil, forge and fire, chase away The Hoofed Liar. Roof and doorway, block and beam, chase The Trickster from our dreams.
    Vigilance is our shield, that protects us from our squalid past. Knowledge is our weapon, with which we carve a path to an enlightened future.

    Everything you need to know about Kadagar_AV:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadagar_AV View Post
    In a racial conflict I'd have no problem popping off some negroes.

  22. #22
    In the shadows... Member Vuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    R.I.P. TosaInu In the shadows...
    Posts
    5,992

    Default Re: A Petition To Reverse Abuse

    P.S. I noticed that not you or anyone else even tried to refute anything that I said. Though you claim to think it hateful, you know it is true. I guess that truth is hate, so we should all live together in a big peaceful world of lies!

    WEE! This sounds fun!!

    Christians (non-Christians who say to believe in Christianity) have commited many attrocities in the past, and as much as modern Christians may not like to admit it (as hatefull as they think it may be), it is the truth and they know it and must learn to live with it. Likewise, non-Christians have to learn to live with truths that they may consider "hateful", or otherwise unsavory.

    There is no hate in it. Truth cannot be hate. Truth is fact. Hate is opinion or reason for presenting fact.

    Vuk
    Hammer, anvil, forge and fire, chase away The Hoofed Liar. Roof and doorway, block and beam, chase The Trickster from our dreams.
    Vigilance is our shield, that protects us from our squalid past. Knowledge is our weapon, with which we carve a path to an enlightened future.

    Everything you need to know about Kadagar_AV:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadagar_AV View Post
    In a racial conflict I'd have no problem popping off some negroes.

  23. #23
    the G-Diffuser Senior Member pevergreen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    11,585
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: A Petition To Reverse Abuse

    I dont think anything you are doing is helping right now Vuk.

    You have become increasignly abusive as this has gone on. Insulting a moderator personally is not a good idea anywhere.

    If Vuk is not remanded for what he is doing in this thread, i will go on strike.
    Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    The org will be org until everyone calls it a day.

    Quote Originally Posted by KukriKhan View Post
    but I joke. Some of my best friends are Vietnamese villages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemur
    Anyone who wishes to refer to me as peverlemur is free to do so.

  24. #24
    Master of Few Words Senior Member KukriKhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Posts
    10,415

    Default Re: A Petition To Reverse Abuse

    Vuk, you addressed the Admins, not Moderators like me, so I'll stay out of your argument over details.

    A point of order:
    Quote Originally Posted by Vuk
    As I am sure you all know, I recently had my backroom access removed and was given a warning...
    No one knew that except you and staff. Warnings and access details are kept private here.


    I am curious about 2 things:

    1) From where did you obtain the english translation of the Qur'an verses you quoted?

    Unless you are a speaker/reader of Arabic, I assume you used someone else's translations, and forgot to give credit when you posted. (NOTE: if it's a 'hate site' it would be better to PM me a link, rather than publicly post it here).

    2) Why do you come back to the Org?

    In the face of such opposition, what motivates you to return? Love of a good fight? To show heathens the errors of their ways? I'm really, genuinely curious about that.

    Some guys try out a vid-game fan site, don't like what they see, and just remove the link from their bookmarks. Others like the place and stick around. A few meet opposition, and fight like banshees about their bad treatment for days/weeks/months. I don't understand that last group. Maybe you can help me to.
    Be well. Do good. Keep in touch.

  25. #25
    Camel Lord Senior Member Capture The Flag Champion Martok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    In my own little world....but it's okay, they know me there.
    Posts
    8,250

    Default Re: A Petition To Reverse Abuse

    Quote Originally Posted by Vuk
    P.S. I noticed that not you or anyone else even tried to refute anything that I said. Though you claim to think it hateful, you know it is true. I guess that truth is hate, so we should all live together in a big peaceful world of lies!
    I suspect that most haven't responded to your claims because of how utterly absurd they sound, so why would they bother?

    A lot of Orgahs have known Banquo's Ghost since long before he was a moderator here, myself among them. I honestly don't think I've ever seen him -- since either before his promotion or after -- be anything less than congenial and level-headed. You, on the other hand, often come across as overly-excitable (especially in terms of seeing perceived insults & injustices towards yourself), which in turn has a tendency to make you become somewhat abusive.

    That is, of course, only my own opinion, but I have a strong hunch I'm not the only one to hold such views.
    Last edited by Martok; 05-07-2007 at 09:09.
    "MTW is not a game, it's a way of life." -- drone

  26. #26
    Liar and Trickster Senior Member Andres's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    In my own skin.
    Posts
    13,207

    Default Re: A Petition To Reverse Abuse

    Well Vuk, I think we disagree than.

    You called Muhammed an animal. As Dutch_guy said, such a remark, when made on the internet, will probably be interpreted as an insult. You should have known most people would interprete the word animal in a pejorative meaning and would rightfully conclude you insulted Muhammed. Like a murderer should have known a shot in the head of his victom would probably killed him.

    It is sooo obvious that you cannot deny you intended to insult Muhammed and as a consequence, the religion of many Orgah's.

    And if you are telling the truth now (which I don't believe you do), then the mistake you made is that you called Muhammed an animal and you assumed people would understand animal in a non insulting meaning. If that's truly the case, well, maybe than it's in your best interest you got removed from the Backroom...
    Andres is our Lord and Master and could strike us down with thunderbolts or beer cans at any time. ~Askthepizzaguy

    Ja mata, TosaInu

  27. #27
    Headless Senior Member Pannonian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    7,469

    Default Re: A Petition To Reverse Abuse

    Quote Originally Posted by Andres
    Well Vuk, I think we disagree than.

    You called Muhammed an animal. As Dutch_guy said, such a remark, when made on the internet, will probably be interpreted as an insult. You should have known most people would interprete the word animal in a pejorative meaning and would rightfully conclude you insulted Muhammed. Like a murderer should have known a shot in the head of his victom would probably killed him.

    It is sooo obvious that you cannot deny you intended to insult Muhammed and as a consequence, the religion of many Orgah's.

    And if you are telling the truth now (which I don't believe you do), then the mistake you made is that you called Muhammed an animal and you assumed people would understand animal in a non insulting meaning. If that's truly the case, well, maybe than it's in your best interest you got removed from the Backroom...
    Given the rest of his remarks, if he really does mean that Muhammad is an animal because he's demonstrably part of the animal kingdom (isn't Vuk a creationist?), then I'd like to tell Vuk to go **** himself. That wouldn't be an insult either, as I'd merely be telling him to go and give himself pleasure, to give him greater ease of mind and making him a happier person. Would I expect the mods to accept that explanation? No, because it's plainly a fib, and the call for Vuk to go **** himself is equally plainly an insulting comment.

    My plea to the mods and admins: don't swallow this. If you need reminding, go and look up gullible in the dictionary.

  28. #28
    Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Fortress of the Mountains
    Posts
    11,080

    Default Re: A Petition To Reverse Abuse

    I find it weird that The Pope's comments on Islam were taken offensive and Vuk wants even higher offenses to be taken "as is", not as an insult.

    A lot of Orgahs have known Banquo's Ghost since long before he was a moderator here, myself among them. I honestly don't think I've ever seen him -- since either before his promotion or after -- be anything less than congenial and level-headed. You, on the other hand, often come across as overly-excitable (especially in terms of seeing perceived insults & injustices towards yourself), which in turn has a tendency to make you become somewhat abusive.
    BQ has been around here more than you have ever been on the Internet. So, it's normal for us to believe BQ and not YOU.

    And when you come with PROPER proof that BQ insulted you, then we *might* reconsider it. Till then, Vuk off.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

    Proud

    Been to:

    Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country.

  29. #29
    Liar and Trickster Senior Member Andres's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    In my own skin.
    Posts
    13,207

    Default Re: A Petition To Reverse Abuse

    Quote Originally Posted by Vuk
    I remember someone calling Jesus Christ a pig, a over-praised proposter, and other things. Mods never commented on them...maybe because the mods share their views...
    Whatever the case, nothing that I could have said (no matter in which context you choose to take it) was in anyway any worse than the things that other members of the board said about Christianity.
    So you are saying: Other members broke the rules as well and they didn't get punished, so I shouldn't get punished neither"

    What other members did it totally irrevelant in the present case. We are talking about your behavior and the action taken against it. What other members posted is irrelevant to your case.

    Again the murderer: "I shouldn't go to jail because there are some crimes unresolved, some murderes never got punished, so that means I shouldn't get punished neither..." ? Don't think so.

    Besides, as for the "other members" who "violated the rules as well":

    1) Warnings are given in private, so maybe those members did get puinshed, but they didn't complain in public like you did;
    2) If you were offended by someone insulting Jesus Christ or Christianity as a whole, you could have clicked the "Report post" button.
    3) Alternatively, you could have pm'ed a Moderator or an Admin, quoting or linking to the abusive post in question.

    But as I said, totally irrelevant to your present case.
    Andres is our Lord and Master and could strike us down with thunderbolts or beer cans at any time. ~Askthepizzaguy

    Ja mata, TosaInu

  30. #30
    Headless Senior Member Pannonian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    7,469

    Default Re: A Petition To Reverse Abuse

    Quote Originally Posted by Andres
    1) Warnings are given in private, so maybe those members did get puinshed, but they didn't complain in public like you did;
    Hands up those who've been warned by Banquo.
    (Pannonian)
    Hands up those who've griped about it.
    (Pannonian)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO