Thread: New bonus heir

Default New bonus heir

I'm currently playing a Scots campaign (XL, Early, GA) and with full control of seas and the maximum amount of conquers allowed for points as GA, I've been very close to defeat for lack of heirs.
    In 1326 my king (54) has two brothers (47 and 45); after 10 years with no children born,
    his wife give birth to three daughters, so I put him to death, sending him in battle alone against a rebel army in Antioch on the purpose to get new heirs from the married brother.
    New king, unfortunately, adds just another daughter of age of 3; now he's 51 and I can't
    get rid of him as the secon brother is NOT married; I'm facing the extinction of my royal line because at this point, even if next year a son should be born, the king must survive till 67.
    But, that's as marvelous as unexpected, king dies and last brother ascend to throne at age of 51 (unmarried) with a son of 7 !!!
    Where does this heir come from ?
    Any idea ?

Jillian & Allison's Daddy Senior Member Don Corleone's Avatar

Default Re: New bonus heir

Scullery maid on a fair spring evening?

Honestly, no clue.
    "A man who doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man."
    Don Vito Corleone: The Godfather, Part 1.

"Then wait for them and swear to God in heaven that if they spew that bull to you or your family again you will cave there heads in with a sledgehammer"
    Strike for the South

Professional Cynic Member Innocentius's Avatar

I've seen weirder things happen. In my Polish campaign my king came to the throne at the age of 23, unmarried and already a father of two sons, one of them 14 years old. He also had a 16 year old daughter.
    It's not easy being a man, you know. I had to get dressed today... And there are other pressures.

- Dylan Moran

The Play

Cthonic God of Deception Member ULC's Avatar
    In the swirling maddening chaos of the cosmos unseen to man...

Wiat a minute, wouldn't that mean that he started when he was only... 7 years old?!

Enlightened Despot Member Vladimir's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by YourLordandConqueror
    Wiat a minute, wouldn't that mean that he started when he was only... 7 years old?!
    Those Polish studs!

Reinvent the British and you get a global finance center, edible food and better service. Reinvent the French and you may just get more Germans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Maniac From Mars
    How do you motivate your employees? Waterboarding, of course.
    Ik hou van ferme grieten en dikke pinten
    Down with dried flowers!
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Post Re: New bonus heir

Hmm, I'm not too sure, yet I think that this, may be, a deliberate feature of the game. In the manual, and on the section about princesses, it, most peculiarly, says:
    "if you drop a princess on one of her brother's, or her father, then she will be removed from the game with some nasty consequences"

Perhaps it was placed in the game, that is having royal heirs having children, but not being married, to add a bit of flavour and make you wonder about how respectful and regal your "Imperial" family really is! In many cases, probably not at all - especially if they have vices such a "Perversion" or "Adultery" too!
    Dawn is nature's way of telling you to go back to bed

Quote Originally Posted by Omanes Alexandrapolites
    Hmm, I'm not too sure, yet I think that this, may be, a deliberate feature of the game.
    Yep, this last seems to be a good point; I do not know, maybe it's only a coincidence but
    those king of mine with a brand new 7 aged heir had the 'secret adultery' vice.
    Well, if true, it would mean another undiscovered aspect of the game.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by YourLordandConqueror
    Maybe he did things Roman style and adopted them into his familly

Or maybe he was indeed a Polish stud
    Old warriors know more tricks!

Professional Cynic Member Innocentius's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir
    Those Polish studs!
    Indeed. Too bad I don't get GA points for it
    It's not easy being a man, you know. I had to get dressed today... And there are other pressures.

- Dylan Moran

The Play