Thread: Bug while playing the greek states

Default Bug while playing the greek states

Hi

Playing the Greek states, VH/M, 229 BC

I am currently laying siege to Hierosolyma and I am attacked by a relief force, defenders sally in support. I have won the battle three times now and every time, after the battle, after the battle report page, we drop to the EB page with the loading bar, all as usual until the end of the loading bar sequence (full and green), CTD.

Have tried the fixes here

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=82256

still repeated the CTD, except this time i lost 300 men more :) in winning.

Had previously captured Bostra and have just left if ungarrisoned and on 0% loyalty.

Any ideas?

Default Re: Bug while playing the greek states

Bummer, sounds like the reinforcement ctd. Best way to do this would be to attack the relief force before you seige the city. I think that this ctd is being caused by there being two armies attacking you. If you could try the seige with only one army attacking you, you might get round the ctd.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader
    Hayasdan Faction Co-ordinator

Thanks for your report. If it's the reinforcement CTD, it has to be another cause for it than the rest. Fox, could you verify that you've tried using the nerfed traits file among the temporary fixes?

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

I think I have, I will check the file dates and make sure I have. I did them while battling with a bottle of red wine...memory a little fuzzed up :).......no...using the traits file dated 05.03...so will try this and see if it works.
    Last edited by HFox; 05-07-2007 at 15:57.

K....no traits ctd fix works....many thanks.....now reverting to the original file.

Great, happy conquering . I'll take a look to see if I can find out more about what trait/trigger makes it crash.

================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

If my save game will help let me know...not sure how but PM me if you want it.

thanks again :)

Post it here please. There's a sticky saying how to do it.

================
    ================