Thread: Mongols

Default Mongols

Hi I was playing one of my 1st games as Russia where I kept playing til the Mongol invasion and eventually after about 20-30 turns and a lot of losses I ended up destroying the Mongol faction. I thought that was the end so I could start disbanding my military to save up for the Timurid invasion. Next turn guess whos back the Mongols! (with 4 stacks of about a thousand). So I'm wondering when do the mongols go away?

Guardian of the Fleet Senior Member Shahed's Avatar

Default Re: Mongols

They come in 3 waves.
    If you remember me from M:TW days add me on Steam, do mention your org name.

http://www.steamcommunity.com/id/__shak

Relentless Bughunter Senior Member FactionHeir's Avatar

Look in the campaign_script file in your imperial_campaign folder. The date value is in years, and thus on a default timescale are date/2 in turns. That is when each wave comes in
    Want gunpowder, mongols, and timurids to appear when YOU do?
    Playing on a different timescale and never get to see the new world or just wanting to change your timescale?
    Click here to read the solution
    Annoyed at laggy battles? Check this thread out for your performance needs
    Got low fps during siege battles in particular? This tutorial is for you
    Want to play M2TW as a Vanilla experience minus many annoying bugs? Get VanillaMod Visit the forum Readme
    Need improved and faster 2H animations? Download this! (included in VanillaMod 0.93)

Dispensing plasmids one bacteria at a time...

Its nice when the Mongols go the opposite direction your empire is in. Then you can attack at your discretion, not theirs.

A cheat, but a rather amusing way to deal with them is to give all of your land "over there," assuming its not your faction's homelands, to an enemy. Let them duke it out, and you can come in afterwards and carry the day. It sounds cheap, but it really is amusing.
    "Its just like the story of the grasshopper and the octopus. All year long the grasshopper kept burying acorns for winter while the octopus mooched off his girlfriend and watched TV. Then the winter came, and the grasshopper died, and the octopus ate all his acorns and also he got a racecar. Is any of this getting through to you?"

--Fry, Futurama, the show that does not advocate the cool crime of robbery

Thanks for the info the mongols are just really annoying!

Have a look through the pages, a few days ago there was another Mongol thread. All I can say is attack them, as soon as you're ready, sooner the better. The best battles are with them. Fortune favors the brave (but not the foolish, luck favors them).

NOW.... ADVANCE !!! ATTACK !!!

Edit: Link
    Last edited by Shahed; 05-07-2007 at 03:58.

Friendly Resident Knight Member Fußball's Avatar

I have a brooding hatred for the mongols. Not because of any loss or downfalling. But because they seem so disrespectful and come in like they own the place, trampling everything else. Then I have to come in, beat them back with a stick and clean up their mess. Now that I think about it, it is kind of humorous.

Maybe this is just me but does anyone believe that the mongols should have their own portraits? This annoys me the most about the mongols, it is as if CA took the mongels, made most of everything for them and then just borrowed the rest. And the mongels' faces in battle, some of their faces seem smushed in as if fitted over the arabic skins.

Tschüß!
    Erich

Things are getting better. Well, not as good as yesterday, but definitely better than tomorrow! ~Old Russian Joke

Hellpuppy unleashed Member Subedei's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fußball
    I have a brooding hatred for the mongols. Not because of any loss or downfalling. But because they seem so disrespectful and come in like they own the place, trampling everything else. Then I have to come in, beat them back with a stick and clean up their mess.

Well, the Mongols were thinking they owned the place called world. Genghis Khan and his family were certain that Tengri, the highest God in their religion, wanted them to conquer the hole world.
    “Some may never live, but the crazy never die” (Hunter S. Thompson)

Friendly Resident Knight Member Fußball's Avatar

As much as I hate what they are there for, I respect them for all that they have accomplished. A love/hate relationship if you will.

Tschüß!
    Erich

Things are getting better. Well, not as good as yesterday, but definitely better than tomorrow! ~Old Russian Joke

Welsh Cossack Member Czar Alexsandr's Avatar

I have a lot of respect for the medival mongols. But in this game... the wave of death is never ending and they have rocket launchers!! Grah!!

Lol. Well I've had a lot of trouble dealing with them. However in my new campaign I have a reasonable feeling that I'll have very little trouble dealing with them. I did a bridge battle test and believe they'll be significanly easier to face this way. Sorry I know it's cheaterish but... I'll try some normal open field battles to.. maybe..

"Hope is the last to die." Russian Proverb.

Which faction are you playing Alex ?

Welsh Cossack Member Czar Alexsandr's Avatar

Hello Sinan!

I'm playing as Russia.

Ah yes my Russian's get shot up to pieces it seems. Even when I order a cavalry charge, or just to go bid the archers shoot....

Lol. Well. Mongol arrows are like Russian seeking missiles. It's awful. I've noticed though that for bridges can be used to at the very least keep the mongols out of Kiev, Novgorod, and Smolensk. However for thosse unfortunate citizens of Bulgar, Sarkel, Ryazan, and Moscow I'll need to find way to have a considerable army there that doesn't take to much money to support and at the same time have the armies to defend the four very important sites. Alas... I'm afraid Ryazan, Sarkel, and Bulgar can't be saved.. lol. I can always spam archers and spears though..

"Hope is the last to die." Russian Proverb.

Quote Originally Posted by FactionHeir
    Look in the campaign_script file in your imperial_campaign folder. The date value is in years, and thus on a default timescale are date/2 in turns. That is when each wave comes in
    How do you read the dates there? I can't find it. I can only read which general appears in which wave.

Relentless Bughunter Senior Member FactionHeir's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by andrewt
    How do you read the dates there? I can't find it. I can only read which general appears in which wave.
    Read my tutorial on timescales then

Basically the date in the campaign_script is the amount of years after the event mongol_invasion_warn is triggered that the wave appears.
    Want gunpowder, mongols, and timurids to appear when YOU do?
    Playing on a different timescale and never get to see the new world or just wanting to change your timescale?
    Click here to read the solution
    Annoyed at laggy battles? Check this thread out for your performance needs
    Got low fps during siege battles in particular? This tutorial is for you
    Want to play M2TW as a Vanilla experience minus many annoying bugs? Get VanillaMod Visit the forum Readme
    Need improved and faster 2H animations? Download this! (included in VanillaMod 0.93)