Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Europa Barbarorum FAQ

Slixpoitation Member A Very Super Market's Avatar
    Vancouver, BC, Canada, North America, Terra, Sol, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Universe

Default Re: Europa Barbarorum FAQ

Well, I think he means to ask if building a Type I in say.... Sardinia will allow him to recruit Hetairoi there. Then, he has to change the recruitment zones, right?
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    WELCOME TO AVSM
    Cool store, bro! I want some ham.
    No ham, pepsi.
    They make deli slices of frozen pepsi now? Awesome!
    You also need to purchase a small freezer for storage of your pepsi.
    It runs on batteries. You'll need a few.
    Uhh, I guess I won't have pepsi then. Do you have change for a twenty?
    You can sift through the penny jar
    ALL WILL BE CONTINUED

- Proud Horseman of the Presence

EB TRIBVNVS PLEBIS Member MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar

Yes. The Makedones can recruit Hetairoi in Pella, Demetrias, Antiocheia, Alexandreia, Babylon, and Seleukeia, IIRC. Even if they cannot get the level of MIC required to train Hetairoi, they are still available on that unreachable MIC. Anywhere else and you'll have to mod the EDB recruitment code.

Contains 100% daily fiber Member Companion Cavalry's Avatar

I was reading your AAR Marcus, and I'm wondering: How does one implement new units and recruitment zones?
    Si has verbas intellegis, barbarum foetidum es.
    Ωστόσο, εάν μπορείτε να το κατανοήσουμε αυτό, τότε μπορεί να μην έχει να σε σκοτώσει.

Quote Originally Posted by Companion Cavalry View Post
    I was reading your AAR Marcus, and I'm wondering: How does one implement new units and recruitment zones?
    New units aren't savegame compatible, but altering existing ones is. As for recruitment zones, you'll have to write new code for the complex system of hidden_resources in EB and add them to the EDB.

The many steps to getting an altered unit to work are a little complex the first time you do it. I just explained it and here is a portion of a recent PM I sent about getting an altered version of the Roman Eastern Auxilia to work for Hayasdan:
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcusAureliusAntoninus
    Getting it to work may take a while. The easiest way to get them to work (and only savegame compatible way) is to just change an existing unit. I would suggest using the Eastern Auxilia unit slot and just changing it. It is extremely hard for the Romans to get to the Imperial Era, so you won't have to worry about conflict even if the Romans are still around.

Copy and save a copy of any altered files in case of errors.

You'll need to put the file in the "...eb/data/models_unit/textures/roman/" folder. Then go into the descr_model_battle text and find the section for the Eastern Auxilia. Add a line under the entry under the others like it that says:
    Code:
    texture				romans_scipii, eb/data/models_unit/textures/roman/ebroman_infantry_eastern_auxilia_forgus_macedon.tga
    Then copy the "seleucid" line for the sprites and paste the copy just below it, changing where is says "seleucid," to "romans_scipii,". That should do it for the DMB.

Then go to the export_descr_units.txt and find the entry for the "roman_infantry_eastern_auxilia". Alter the stats to whatever you want, but they will be pretty appropriate for the unit unless you want it to be elite. You may want to alter the number of men per unit, though. But, what you have come here to do is alter the ownership line. Alter it so it says:
    Code:
    ownership        seleucid, romans_scipii
    Recruitment is much more complex and is in the export_descr_buildings.txt. The easiest way to add recruitment is to find a unit with similar recruitment ranges you want in the RecruitmentViewer and then find that unit in the EDB (such as the Hai Nizagamartik). Then copy the recruitment lines you find for you faction in the EDB. Paste them (I find in a different text file works best) and then alter them so that the unit name is of the unit you are adding ("roman infantry eastern auxilia"). Then go back to the EDB, find your factional barracks (I'm not sure but I think it is barracks "H1"), then scroll down to the fourth block of code under that barracks tree and add your altered code. Add the code to the next (fifth) block of code as well.

Finally, go to the text folder and unit file and alter the texts for the "Eastern Auxilia" to whatever you want the name and details to be.

That should put the unit in. I'm sure I missed something so feel free to ask any questions.

MAA

Small (and probably stupid) query with regards to the Marian reforms does the general have to have at least three command stars or is two enough?

So I think I got the polybian reforms (March of Time in the event box), but my recruitment selection is still exactly the same. I'm pretty sure I fulfill the requirements (242bc, held patavium and mediolanum). What's going on?

Balloons from my first place in the Official EB Online Tournament:
    - from Darius_d
    - from spiritusdilitus
    - from Alsatia

EBII Bricklayer Member V.T. Marvin's Avatar

March of Time is something completely different and actually has no effect on the Romans. It changes the bodyguards of certain eastern factions and allows Macedon and KH to recruit reformed phalanxes.

For Polybian reforms you need not only Patavium and Mediolanum, but two cities in Sicily as well!

And IIRC you need also to build a next tier of your factional barracks.
    Last edited by V.T. Marvin; 08-20-2009 at 10:43.

Ah, thank you for the response. I actually wasn't planning to war against Carthage...but fortunately for me, they just declared war!

- from Darius_d
    - from spiritusdilitus
    - from Alsatia

Just a quick question. I downloaded the Hayasdan Reform guide from here: https://www.europabarbarorum.com/downloads_guides.html and it gives some different directions from the the directions in the FAQ. In the FAQ, there is talk about Amaesia and Mazaka in the Pan-Caucasian reforms, but in the downloaded guide, there is no mention of these settlements being part of the Pan-Caucasian reforms. I have been following the downloaded guide in my Hai campaign, and as I am about to move to take Persepolis and Susa and start the Orontid reforms, I'm just wondering, have I actually completed the Pan-Caucasians yet? I don't hold Amaesia or Mazaka because it never mentioned them in the downloadable guide. Clearly one of these documents is outdated; the question is, which one?
    from Megas Methuselah, for some information on Greek colonies in Iberia.

What I wrote in the FAQ I read directly out of the EBBS_script.txt (part of the reason it is so confusing to read), and I don't think the Hayasdan reform script has changed since it was first made.

Question Re: Europa Barbarorum FAQ

OK, I tried installing EB. It wanted to install in the default Activision C/programfiles/activision/rometotalwar spot. But, when i installed RTW and BI it installed in c/programfiles/thecreativeassembly instead of activision. So what i did was install it to the C/programfiles/thecreativeassembly.
    But once i started regular rome total war, it started as the same, and there were no changes whatsoever to the game. please help. :(

Quote Originally Posted by spartanman View Post
    OK, I tried installing EB. It wanted to install in the default Activision C/programfiles/activision/rometotalwar spot. But, when i installed RTW and BI it installed in c/programfiles/thecreativeassembly instead of activision. So what i did was install it to the C/programfiles/thecreativeassembly.
    But once i started regular rome total war, it started as the same, and there were no changes whatsoever to the game. please help. :(
    EB installs into a separate folder, so you are able to play vanilla R:TW should you choose to do so. In order to start EB, you need to use a separate EB launcher, which you should find in your R:TW root folder.
    I has two balloons!

I finally have managed to take my 90th settlement after many many hours of gameplay. I have checked everything else and have 45 type 2 settlements and have fought alot more than the 400 battles. The year is now 95bc and have had 90 settlements for 4years. I had already had a general who wished to make the reforms and became Augustus and now have the Caesar's as well. However the Augustan Reforms for the Numbered Legions hasn't happened yet and after so many hours of gameplay I'm a little upset by this as I had been looking forward to it for quite a while. can you suggest why this hasn't worked or anything I can do to force it to happen now I have all the requirements.

Playing as the romans I just entered the Polybian era.

So I can only recruit my roman units in Italy. Is it the smartest thing to establish a lvl 3 or 4 government in the other places? That way I can recruit the best units, right?

This is probably the best guide for Roman settlement types.
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=93896

- from Darius_d
    - from spiritusdilitus
    - from Alsatia

Hello guys I hope I've posted in the right spot cause I have a question about the Romans

for the first reform you must build new military structures to activate it or else the settlements in which new military structures were not build you will still have the Polybian Reform as active
    dose this rule apply for the next reforms as well?

I am sorry if I have posted a question that was asked before but I couldn't find an answer

Thanks for the help

How can I build Latifundia?

So far I only have one city in Italy where I can build one. Do I need a specific building?
    Last edited by Skoran; 12-12-2009 at 16:07.

IIRC for latifundia you have to build first the land grant (costs 5000mnai, and ist built in 1 turn),
    then you get another building, which is similar for all the factions, it costs around 2800 mnai and is built in 6 turns (again IIRC), and after that you can build a latifundia
    Europa Barbarorum Secretary

anubis can you answer my question too please :D

I can't answer you from experience, since i've never played a Romani campaign that long.....
    But IIRC it was said that all the reforms of the romans follow the same pace.

Which means, you must upgrade your barracks after every reform.

Again, i'm not sure

The Rhetorician Member Skullheadhq's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by anubis88 View Post
    I can't answer you from experience, since i've never played a Romani campaign that long.....
    But IIRC it was said that all the reforms of the romans follow the same pace.

Which means, you must upgrade your barracks after every reform.

Again, i'm not sure
    You need to build a new barrack, not upgrade the old
    "When the candles are out all women are fair."
    -Plutarch, Coniugia Praecepta 46

Yeah, that's what i meant. But it's ment as sort of an uprgrade isn't it?

ok that was all I needed to know thank you guys

All the Best

Member Member Swedish Conqueror's Avatar
    Organizing attack to retake Delaware river from the Dutch!!

Hi all,

A small recruitment question:
    I am playing EB 1.2 as Romani. According to the recruitment viewer, having the first regional barracks (MIC 26 level 1) in Aemilia/Bononia should allow me to recruit Celtic Levy Spearmen. However, I can't, why?

And a related question:
    What is MIC 21? As Romani, the level 2 allows me to recruit Native Egyptian Infantry.
    ?????

You might be looking at it wrong...for the Romani, the recruitment viewer says that you can't recruit any celtic ANYTHING if a region is level 1 or 2.

- from Darius_d
    - from spiritusdilitus
    - from Alsatia

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: Europa Barbarorum FAQ

IIRC the Celtic levy unit was placed to a higher MIC level because the Roman A.I. tended to spam them. Are you using the RV from the website or the one that was downloaded with the mod? The latter is more up-to-date.
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

The Rhetorician Member Skullheadhq's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ludens View Post
    IIRC the Celtic levy unit was placed to a higher MIC level because the Roman A.I. tended to spam them.
    They still do most of the time, of course mixed with Illyrian
    "When the candles are out all women are fair."
    -Plutarch, Coniugia Praecepta 46

Member Member Swedish Conqueror's Avatar
    Organizing attack to retake Delaware river from the Dutch!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ludens View Post
    IIRC the Celtic levy unit was placed to a higher MIC level because the Roman A.I. tended to spam them. Are you using the RV from the website or the one that was downloaded with the mod? The latter is more up-to-date.
    Ah, I thought the one from the website was the latest one.

This also answered my question about MIC 21, since that one has apparently disappeared in the new version of Recruitment Viewer.
    ?????

Default Sweboz reform Question

I have never succeeded in getting the Sweboz reforms, so this time I made sure the following was in order at 190 BC. In fact it has been in order since 225-ish BC.

At least 190BC,
    -A (forum)(L3 Market) built in these provinces: Kimbriolandam, Swebolandam, Rugolandam, Herusklandam, Habukolandam, Mrog Actagone (previously Hattolandam)
    - (army_barracks_U1)(L4 Regional MIC) in one of these provinces: Luvarottea, Sarmiszegethusa, Burdava, Eburonum, Vindobona, Iuvavoaeta, Veldideno, Aventicos, Vindelicoppidos, Vienna

It is now 189 BC and there is no reform. Do I have to demolish the MIC and rebuild it or?
    'For months Augustus let hair and beard grow and occasionally banged his head against the walls whilst shouting; "Quinctillius Varus, give me my legions back"' -Sueton, Augustus.

"Deliver us oh God, from the fury of the Norsemen", French prayer, 9th century.
    Ask gi'r klask! ask-vikingekampgruppe.dk

Balloon count: 13

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: Europa Barbarorum FAQ

No, the Sweboz reforms are not tied to the barracks. The new units will simply appear in the recruitment screen. I haven't played the Sweboz, so I am not sure how it should work.
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast