Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Europa Barbarorum FAQ

EB TRIBVNVS PLEBIS Member MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar

Default Re: Europa Barbarorum FAQ

Ok, the FAQ has finally been updated with the v1.0 reforms. If you find an error or typo, let me know.

Default AW: Re: Europa Barbarorum FAQ

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusAureliusAntoninus
    Q: Which is the current version of EB?
    A: The current version of EB is "v0.81a v2"

Intelligent/Charismatic/Vigorous
    Isn't it Sharp/Charismatic/Vigorous?

Can't be Selfless
    There isn't a trait which says that the character can't be selfless =(
    So what trait do I need for the Augustan reform?
    Last edited by LotW89; 11-04-2007 at 00:40.

Not selfless = selfish.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Thanks, I made the version and 'sharp' changes. I completely forgot the version number was listed in the faq.

Quote Originally Posted by bovi
    Not selfless = selfish.
    Just to clarify, so now "can't be selfless" means "can't be selfish"?

"Not selfless" = "selfish"
    "Can not be selfless" = "Can not be not selfish" => must be selfish
    Last edited by bovi; 11-06-2007 at 13:44.

================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Default AW: Re: Europa Barbarorum FAQ

"Not selfless" = "selfish"
    "Can not be selfless" = "Can not be not selfish" => must be selfish
    Damn, now I'm confused xD
    So I need a character with the trait "Selfish"? Or somethink like "Selfish/Pessimistic/Disloyal"? Or "Egoistic"? Or another trait?

Gah.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Code:
    ;------------------------------------------
    Trigger General_Becomes_Highly_Ambitious
        WhenToTest CharacterTurnEnd

Condition FactionType seleucid
              and Trait ICERating > 7           ==>Sharp/Charismatic/Vigorous
              and Trait MarianControl > 0       ==>Marian reform in effect
              and Trait GoodAdministrator > 1   ==>duh
              and Trait Superbus > 1            ==>At least Arrogans, possibly Superbus
              and Trait Augustus < 1            ==>Not currently Augustus
              and Trait AugustusControl < 1     ==>Augustan reform not in effect
              and Trait GoodRecruiter > 1       ==>duh
              and Trait Selflessness < 4        ==>Selfish/whatever/whatever

Affects Augustus  1  Chance  100

================
    ================

OK, so would that mean the correct entry in the Marian Reforms section in the FAQ should read:

"At least the year 172BC
    -Have more than 6 Latifundia built in Italy
    -Hold at least 45 settlements
    -Fight more than 250 battles
    -Have a character that is:
    Sharp/Charismatic/Vigorous
    Selfish
    Popularis
    Consul or Ex-Consul
    Has Influence > 2
    Has Command > 2
    OR
    -Conquer 90 settlements."
    On a seperate note, I'm pretty positive that on EB 0.82 I played a Romani campaign where I blitzed my way into having more than 90 regions under my control by the early 200s BC and I got the Marian reforms at that point, several decades before the prescribed 172 BC.

Is this still the case in 1.0 or do we have to wait now until 172 BC even if we had 90+ regions?

Quote Originally Posted by Ancyrean
    On a seperate note, I'm pretty positive that on EB 0.82 I played a Romani campaign where I blitzed my way into having more than 90 regions under my control by the early 200s BC and I got the Marian reforms at that point, several decades before the prescribed 172 BC.

Is this still the case in 1.0 or do we have to wait now until 172 BC even if we had 90+ regions?
    Did you have the citymod on in 082? Because I changed some of the reforms in that. Neither EB v1.0 or the new citymod has early reforms.

OK, so would that mean the correct entry in the Marian Reforms section in the FAQ should read:
    No. The selfishness is for the Augustan reform. Read it again, it's as clear as I can manage.

================
    ================

Did you have the citymod on in 082? Because I changed some of the reforms in that. Neither EB v1.0 or the new citymod has early reforms.
    I guess I didn't have the citymod. It's been a while since I played that campaign but as far as I remember I only had the CTD fixes which were available at the time. Do you mean that in fact EB 0.8x didn't have any facility for having the Marians before 172 BC through owning more than 90+ regions before that date, that there must be some other factor involved in my case which should be eluding me now?

I'm asking this in relation to Foot's earlier remark in this thread (that in EB 1.0 you have to wait till 172 BC regardless of whichever alternative option you meet to get the Marian reforms), so as to understand whether the conditions for the Marians changed from 0.8x.

No. The selfishness is for the Augustan reform. Read it again, it's as clear as I can manage.
    I'm sorry, I confused it there

May I correct my previous post by quoting the requirements for the Augustan reforms as follows, in light of your explanations?:

-At least year 125BC
    -Hold 90 settlements
    -Have at least 45 type2 settlements
    -Fight 400 battles
    -Have a general that is:
    Sharp/Charismatic/Vigorous
    Selfish
    At least Skilled Bureaucrat
    At least Arrogans
    At least Expert Recruiter
    (If these conditions are met, the general will receive a trait telling he wants to seize power. Make him the Faction Heir and as soon as he becomes the leader the reforms will happen.)
    Also, one of the requirements for the Marian reforms is "Fight more than 250 battles", as it is "Fight 400 battles" for the Augustan. IIRC, the faction overview screen shows both "battles won" and "battles lost". So I take it that we have to sum up these two stats to see where we stand in terms of the requirements regarding fighting the necessary number of battles.

I guess I didn't have the citymod. It's been a while since I played that campaign but as far as I remember I only had the CTD fixes which were available at the time. Do you mean that in fact EB 0.8x didn't have any facility for having the Marians before 172 BC through owning more than 90+ regions before that date, that there must be some other factor involved in my case which should be eluding me now?

I'm asking this in relation to Foot's earlier remark in this thread (that in EB 1.0 you have to wait till 172 BC regardless of whichever alternative option you meet to get the Marian reforms), so as to understand whether the conditions for the Marians changed from 0.8x.
    Oh, the 90 settlement thing. Yes that does not have a date requirement, in 0.8x or 1.0.

Oh, the 90 settlement thing. Yes that does not have a date requirement, in 0.8x or 1.0.
    I'm so happy to hear that, because that's at least a way to bypass the Popularis-Consul attribute triggers for the Marians

Salut!
    Wanna get correct list of provinces where 'Pahlavanig' goverment can be build by Pahlava. Have some?

cheers
    Campaigns:
    EB1.1 Qarthadast - completed
    EB1.1+MMP1.1 Pahlava campaign (VH/M)- ceased by RL
    EB1.2(alx.exe)+MMP3.1 for Alex(Lz3) Hayasdan - ongoing

Hi everybody. I don't know how to start a new thread or how to find my old posts, but I am wondering if someone would sell me a disc of the EB mod, it sounds so good! However I am on dialup and downloading isn't feasible. Can anyone help?

Chandlee, perhaps you have a friend with a better internet connection? Otherwise, your local library, workplace or school should have internet access you can borrow. Bring a 1GB USB memory stick to transfer it to your own computer and you should be set.

================
    ================

Hello there im playing the roman faction and i have a reform problem
    its 242 BC it has reached the year in history event but i still get no new units or a message. i have control of atleast 2 citys in northern italy and sicly as a matter of fact i have owned the region before 242 bc but nothing has happened. My only thing that i am not sure is that do i need at least 2 CITIES (L3) in order to get the reform?
    by the way i was wondering why do ship upkeeps have to be expensive can they only be expensive if a faction has no excess to the lumber good on the map it has a description that clearly explains why and the only reason why i see it be expensive is if you lacked wood.
    Last edited by Gods999; 11-10-2007 at 06:56.

The Galatian, AtB Member Member Admetos's Avatar

To gain access to the reform units, you must destroy your old MICs, which should be 100% damaged anyway, and build new ones.

Support Asia ton Barbaron, the Eastern Mod for EB, on The Guild and TWC.
    Former barman at the EB Tavern.
    My balloons:

You never have to destroy your MICs, just upgrade them. With the Marian Reforms, your old MICs become worthless and can be destroy, but you never have to.

Just destroy and build new ones up to the point where you were previously using process_cq. Add money using show_err to make sure you have the same money as before. That way, you don't have to upgrade your MIC and get the reforms immediately.

Q: Why are slingers so strong?
    A: Slingers have the AP attribute to represent the power of the lead bullets that they used. Slingers can be more effective against armored units and were historically. Due to the fact that the AI doesn't spam slingers, the EB team has decided to keep their stats the way they are.
    This is not true. The EB team has heeded the countless threads on this issue and lowered the stats of many slinger units.
    It would be a violation of my code as a gentleman to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed person.-Veeblefester
    Ego is the anesthetic for the pain of stupidity.-me
    It is better to keep your mouth shut and be thought of as a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.-Sir Winston Churchill
    ΔΟΣ ΜΟΙ ΠΑ ΣΤΩ ΚΑΙ ΤΑΝ ΓΑΝ ΚΙΝΑΣΩ--Give me a place to stand and I will move the earth.-Archimedes on his work with levers
    Click here for my Phalanx/Aquilifer mod

The main complaint on slingers is that the AP unbalances them. The team has decided to keep the AP stat. And other than making them have a looser formation, they really haven't changed much.

The main complaint on slingers is that the AP unbalances them. The team has decided to keep the AP stat. And other than making them have a looser formation, they really haven't changed much.
    The looser formation was something else I was curious about...I'm sure there is a good reason for it, I was just curious what it was.
    It would be a violation of my code as a gentleman to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed person.-Veeblefester
    Ego is the anesthetic for the pain of stupidity.-me
    It is better to keep your mouth shut and be thought of as a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.-Sir Winston Churchill
    ΔΟΣ ΜΟΙ ΠΑ ΣΤΩ ΚΑΙ ΤΑΝ ΓΑΝ ΚΙΝΑΣΩ--Give me a place to stand and I will move the earth.-Archimedes on his work with levers
    Click here for my Phalanx/Aquilifer mod

Well, to swing a long strip of leather around your head, you need extra room so that you don't hit the guy next to you. Side effects of this is the fact that you can't easily field large numbers of them anymore.

What is the magical turn # for the second celtic reforms ?
    Last edited by russia almighty; 11-11-2007 at 20:02.

Join the Army: A Pontic AAR
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=96984
    ...uh coptic mother****er:A Makuria Comedy AAR
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...93#post1814493

Just to briefly return to our discussion above, wouldn't it be clearer if the entry in the first page for the Augustan reforms says that the character has to be "Selfish", instead of that he "Can't be selfless", as in my post #107?

A question: Vanilla marian reforms are required for many of the reforms of other factions, correct? And this is only achieved when an Italian city becomes Huge, correct? What happens then if I've conquered all Italia as the Arverni and can only build up to the Acobutagic (large city) level? Does that mean I'll never get my Time of Soldiers?

EB DEVOTEE SINCE 2004

That does mean that the Vanilla Marian Reforms will never happen, but Time of Soldiers isn't tied to it. I don't think barbarians have anything tied to it (maybe a bodyguard, but I don't think so).

Oh. But what if we're playing other factions? As far as I could see from the bug reports subforum, the KH are dependent on it for their phalangitai, are they not? Aren't the Baktrians too, for their hetairoi kataphraktoi? Or is that the EB Marians both cases are dependent on...
    Last edited by pezhetairoi; 11-22-2007 at 13:41.

EB DEVOTEE SINCE 2004

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast