Thread: Romani CTD

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Romani CTD

The game loads at an Eleutheroi naval battle - so the background script is off - and I saved just before the 1st time I did it, which was lucky, as I lost the ship which had been en route to Britain for like 10 years.

Anyway, loaded it again, won, but then it crashed to the desktop and closed RTW. Did it a 2nd time - same thing. I've already installed the rebel city CTD fix from the Sticky.

The file is here.

Any help would be very much appreciated! :)

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Default Re: Romani CTD

How do I unpack the RAR?

Rar files can be unpacked by many programs. WinRar is a popular choice, but it's not free (a trial is available). You can find other, free, choices using any search engine.

================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

For WINRAR click here.

EDIT: As Bovi said the full version is not free, but the trial version gives you more than you'd ever need anyway.
    Last edited by Tellos Athenaios; 05-08-2007 at 19:19.
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

OK, here's the savegame again and here's an autosave from slightly before.

• I am using version 0.81a.
    • I have no unofficial mods installed.
    • I've applied the permanent fixes.
    • I deleted the map.rwm file.
    • I tried the temporary fixes (i.e. Broader CTD Fix)
      • It didn't work - I used the permanent fix first, then the typo fix, then the Broader CTD Fix, but the game still crashes to the desktop at the same point.
    • As the crash happens during a naval battle during the Eleutheroi turn, the background script is off and I do not get a prompt to turn it on. After the battle ends, and one would assume the next turn would start, the CTD happens.
    • I have tried over 3 times, including with the fixes, and the crash still happens at the same point.

• The game loads during the Eleutheroi's turn, and their pirate fleet is attacking mine. It loads at the pre-battle screen. After using the "toggle_fow" command, I could not see any settlements changing hands.
    • I believe my navy is somewhere west of Gaul when the battle (and subsequent crash) happens - it is following the shortest available route from Italy, around Spain and onto Britain.
    • The game loads at 247 BC, and it isn't winter (i.e. the season icon is the Sun). I, playing as the Romani, have not had any reforms yet, and am not sure as to whether any other factions have.

Thanks for the information . There is a small contradiction in your answers though (yes, I've played too much Phoenix Wright ).

You say you've applied the permanent fixes, yet you say you tried the typo fix as temporary. That one is a permanent fix... Are you sure you've tried all the temporary fixes, in combination?

Anyway, I think crashing due to naval battles is a first, and unlikely to be covered by the fixes really. I'll be taking a look at it sometime unless someone beats me to it.

================
    ================

Quote Originally Posted by bovi
    Thanks for the information .
    That's quite alright :)

Quote Originally Posted by bovi
    You say you've applied the permanent fixes, yet you say you tried the typo fix as temporary. That one is a permanent fix... Are you sure you've tried all the temporary fixes, in combination?
    Er...I've stuck the following fixes on top of .81a:

• Improved rebel city CTD fix [permanent]
    • Script and traits typo corrections [permanent]
    • Broader rebellion CTD fix [temporary]
    • Gestetae fix (although that was before this)

Also, it might be because my background script is off when the game loads; is there any way to force it to run before auto-resolving the battle?

You should install all permanent fixes, and keep them there. Also, for troubleshooting, you should try installing all the temporary fixes to see if they get you past it.

As it's a naval battle, it is extremely unlikely that it is a rebellion. The nerfed traits file could (even should) make a difference though.

================
    ================

Hmm OK, I loaded the autosave and just ended the turn auto-resolving and it worked fine, so I suppose the problem arises when you load a game at the battle screen.