Thread: E.B. recruitment/reforms mod

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Asia ton Barbaron mapper Member Pharnakes's Avatar

Smile E.B. recruitment/reforms mod

I know that properly speaking this should probably go into the unofical modding projects, but I thought that it would be more likley to be seen if I put it here.

Basicly I am thinking of doing a minimod that will introduce dynamic recruitment reforms for all of the factions in the game. I intened to do this by "downgrading" to the 0.74 concept of troop recruitment being based on goverment type. As building conditionals are no longer possible in 1.5 this will have to be done by level of goverment, requiring mics to be broken on taking a settlement.

Thus, units that would be avalible every where eg akontistai, will have a low factional mic requirment and can thus be recruited in all areas.

I am not planning to touch regional recruitment except prehaps to fill a few gaps if the EB team dosen't in the next release. However I am intending to complety overhall factional recruitment.

Thus an example entry to the edb for a multifactional unit would be:

Unit a is recruitable by faction b in factional mic c
    Unit a is recruitable by faction d in regional mic e with hidden resource f

The reforms would be controled by dynamic, scripted reforms, very similar to the Romani reforms already in place, that would expand the areas that type 1 and 2 goverments cover. This would represent the gradual, as it might be "Helenisation" of the empire's core lands, to eventualy become almost indistinguishable from the the origonal heartland. This is in my opinion bettre than the curent system, as then any type 1 or 2 becomes within a couple of years, a very loyal part of the empire. This problem is especialy prevalent for the Romani, in my opinion, Gaul especialy should not be added to the romani's subjugation possibilities untill much later.

Idealy this idea would be expanded to a vast serries of reforms for each faction, so that any no cultural areas will be type 3 and four when you conquer them, but once the race has been subdued then the area will switch to subjugation.

An example of this would be; as the Romani, you whish to conquer Gaul. The people of Gaul, however, being fiercly independent do not whish to join your empire. When you conquer one area, the people remain defiant, hoping for external support, however, once your armies have taken all Gaul, the people will see that there will be no help and calm down under your rule, this process being simulated by the shift from aliances avalible to subjigation avalible.

The reforms would thus be grouped by culture and race, once you have conquered an entire people then they will become avalible for being more closley bound into your empire.

As building conditionals are still possible for buildings, I am intending to force the player to build msc's (military setler colonies) before factional mics can be constructed in anything except type 1 goverments.

I am prety much certain that I will go through with this idea, with the permision of the eb team of course. I was wondering what the EB comunity thought of it therefore. I am intending to start work seriously with the next EB release, which I asume is fairly soon with the request fot beta testers (that I missed to voluenteer for by three minutes ). Untill the release I am just going to experiment and collect any ideas that people have, the more of these the merrier.

P.S. I know that buliding conditionals are screwed for 1.5, anyone know if they are usable again in 1.6?
    Last edited by Pharnakes; 05-08-2007 at 15:22.
    Asia ton Barbaron The new eastern mod for eb!

Laziest member of the team My red balloons, as red as the blood of he who mentioned Galatians.
    Roma Victor!

Yous ee gishes?

Default Re: E.B. recruitment/reforms mod

This sounds very good. but this will be a lot of work. I thought of something similiar, but my Idea was just to let colonys recruit basic troops. But that would only help the carthaginains, as all other factions can only build them in areas where they already have acces to their basic units. But it's good for Carthaginians, after all
    But I personally think that recruitment should be ignored until the newest build of EB, because it seems that a lot of things are going to change. But the "alliances available" to "subjugation available" thing sounds pretty neat. It's very historical, by the way, so I don't think the EB team will disagree. Well, we'll see

Speak up for those who were silenced forever.
    Visit https://www.HellenicGenocide.org

Smile Re: E.B. recruitment/reforms mod

Quote Originally Posted by Basileus Seleukeia
    But I personally think that recruitment should be ignored until the newest build of EB, because it seems that a lot of things are going to change.
    Yes, thats exactly why I am going to wait for the next EB build before I do serious work on this.

Laziest member of the team My red balloons, as red as the blood of he who mentioned Galatians.
    Roma Victor!

Yous ee gishes?

which I asume is fairly soon with the request fot beta testers
    don't get your hopes up too much, we had intigrated many new things, but there are stil many other that need to be done/integrated before the relaese.
    From the 0.8 betatesting to the relaese almost two months had passed....

But I personally think that recruitment should be ignored until the newest build of EB, because it seems that a lot of things are going to change.
    The recruitment system will stay as it is now, only new units will be added to the game.
    Last edited by Bonny; 05-08-2007 at 17:54.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonny
    The recruitment system will stay as it is now, only new units will be added to the game.
    That's exactly what I meant.

Speak up for those who were silenced forever.
    Visit https://www.HellenicGenocide.org

Smile Re: E.B. recruitment/reforms mod

On thinking things through I have decided to devide the world up into 20 regions, which will give a total of 400 reforms (prehaps 800 if antireforms are included) to be done. This seems a hell of a lot but as it should be fairly simple to duplicate them once the basic pattern is worked out i think it is managable. These regions will be defined by cultural/racial groups whoose population might be lossley called a "People," e.g. Gaul, Italia, Hellas, Asia Minor, Syria, Arabia ect. You may wonder why I am telling you all this before I have even started, but the fact is I am desperatley in need of help from a research point of view (I can handle the actual modding myself) as just about all of my knowledge of this period outside of Hellas comes from EB. Any suggestions therefore from anybody who actualy knows what they are talking about would be great. Realy I am looking for sugestions as to which areas the regions should cover (the actual quantity of regions is open to a certain flexibility)

As a provisonal list I have came up with this (numbering from the north west of the map south easterly direction):

1.Britiania
    2.Gaul
    3.Iberia
    4.Mauraetania (SP.)
    5.Germania
    6.Italia
    7.Carthage
    8.Ilyria
    9.Baltic coasts
    10.Thrakia
    11.Hellas
    12.Lower Egypt
    13.Asia minor
    14.Skythia
    15.Syria
    16.Eastern steppe (someone pleae got a better name for this?)
    17.Pahlavia (includeds Hai lands)
    18.Persia
    19.Bactria
    20.India
    21.Arabia
    22.Upper Egypt

see, I've overshot already, but please, plenty of suggsetions as I realy don't have a clue what I'm talking about here. All I can do is apply common sense and my pitiful background knowledge to the matter.
    Last edited by Pharnakes; 05-09-2007 at 00:53.

Roma Victor!

Yous ee gishes?