Thread: Marriage bug?

Default Marriage bug?

As i intent to build up a nice family tree, i have decided to only let my good general get married and hence with better offspring.

I have refused some marriage proposals [like 3~4 times in a row] to one of my general with bad traits. However, since then 30 turns have passed and i haven't got any single marriage proposal now...

I have heard that there is a numbers of generals cap in relate with province. But now i have 15 provinces and 9 generals left. All of them is getting old without anyone get married and surely no childs as well....

I am not sure if this is a bug but my kingdom and royal blood is simply dying.

Relentless Bughunter Senior Member FactionHeir's Avatar

Default Re: Marriage bug?

When you have ~ as many generals as regions you tend to get marriage proposals. When you have much less generals than regions, you tend to get adoption offers.
    Want gunpowder, mongols, and timurids to appear when YOU do?
    Playing on a different timescale and never get to see the new world or just wanting to change your timescale?
    Click here to read the solution
    Annoyed at laggy battles? Check this thread out for your performance needs
    Got low fps during siege battles in particular? This tutorial is for you
    Want to play M2TW as a Vanilla experience minus many annoying bugs? Get VanillaMod Visit the forum Readme
    Need improved and faster 2H animations? Download this! (included in VanillaMod 0.93)

And since iirc you can't get both a marriage proposal and an adoption offer in the same turn, and afaik adoption offers get first priority, you could be stuck with them until you get your generals:provinces ratio up again...
    From wise men, O Lord, protect us -anon
    The death of one man is a tragedy; the death of millions, a statistic -Stalin
    We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area -UK military spokesman Major Mike Shearer

Relentless Bughunter Senior Member FactionHeir's Avatar

Yup, very sad. One of the reasons I found upkeeping a true blood family was impossible without inbreeding.
    Want gunpowder, mongols, and timurids to appear when YOU do?
    Playing on a different timescale and never get to see the new world or just wanting to change your timescale?
    Click here to read the solution
    Annoyed at laggy battles? Check this thread out for your performance needs
    Got low fps during siege battles in particular? This tutorial is for you
    Want to play M2TW as a Vanilla experience minus many annoying bugs? Get VanillaMod Visit the forum Readme
    Need improved and faster 2H animations? Download this! (included in VanillaMod 0.93)

Oic......

Actually i am trying to build a royal blood only family without taking any adoption...

Yup, very sad. One of the reasons I found upkeeping a true blood family was impossible without inbreeding.
    Perhaps i should mod the game so i can recruit general to balance up the general-province ratio then. In this way i dont have to take adopted general into my family line.

Thx for the advice guys!