Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Citadel of Alamut [Concluded]

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

Default Re: Citadel of Alamut

Bueller?

"The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

Declared dead?

Just your average Senior Member Warmaster Horus's Avatar
    Besancon, France: a stepping stone to greatness. I hope.

Geez, another one?
    The Throne Room: "Less a forum, more a way of life." Econ21
    Don't hesitate to visit the Mead Hall! A little more reading, a little less shouting, please.
    Join the latest greatest installement of mafia games: Capo di Tutti Capi!
    Check out the Gahzette!
    By the by, are you interested in helping out the Gahzette? Think you could be a writer, reporting on the TW or Org community? Then check the Gahzette Thread or drop me a PM!

Back.

Doesn't look good...
    Medieval 2: Total War Guide to Traits and Retinue
    "Tenderness and kindness are not signs of weakness and despair but manifestations of strength and resolution." - Khalil Gibran

World War 3 erupted in mid-1960's: NATO - Warsaw Pact Conflict multiplayer Interactive, choose one from several available countries

Apparently. Orb? You still here? What's the situation?
    Don't hesitate to visit the Mead Hall! A little more reading, a little less shouting, please.
    Check out the Gahzette!
    By the by, are you interested in helping out the Gahzette? Think you could be a writer, reporting on the TW or Org community? Then check the Gahzette Thread or drop me a PM!

Back.

Cool Re: Citadel of Alamut

He still is, but this is dead. I'm starting my mafia monday if this doesn't get an update before that

Yep, this is dead.

Sorry to the people who (may have) wanted this to continue, and those who put in the effort of sending their nightly PMs. The lack of activity hasn't really inspired me enough to keep this going.

'My intelligence is not just insulted, it's looking for revenge with a gun and no mercy. ' - Frogbeastegg

SERA NIMIS VITA EST CRASTINA VIVE HODIE

The life of tomorrow is too late - live today!

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

Sorry to hear it.

When time permits, an expose on your combat matrices and how you were guiding the game would be instructive to those of us who run the non-standard versions.

Thanks for your efforts.
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

the G-Diffuser Senior Member pevergreen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Orb
    Pevergreen, my friend, the twisted Khan has tied my fate to that of the Orgahs, and I can only hope that your talents as The Smith will be enough to pull yourself through. You win his mind game, and I win my freedom. You fail, and I die. I have heard that the Khan needs a new master smith, and you could perhaps impress him by forging a blade worthy of his status.

Use your talents wisely,
    Brother John, prisoner of the Khan

Team: Orgah
    Role: The Smith
    Minor Goal: Orgah Victory
    Major Goal: Orgah Victory and possess Blade of Mars at end
    Weapon Skill: 4
    Weapon proficiencies: Axe/Mace/Staff
    Equipment: You have a Tabar Axe (penetration 3) and an Aketon (defence 1). You also have 12 gold.
    Night actions available: Universal Night Actions. Strengthen a weapon. Repair armour. Smithing. Decorate a weapon.

Strengthen a weapon: Each night you may improve the penetration of a weapon by 1 or the defence of a suit of armour or shield by 1. This is a free action, provided that you are neither repairing nor decorating something on the same night.

Repair armour: Each night you may repair damage to armour or shield from pitch or naphtha attacks, or damage to a weapon from poison on the blade. This is a free action, provided that you are neither strengthening or decorating something on the same night.

Decorating a weapon: Each night you may decorate a weapon or suit of armour or shield to improve the value by a random amount of gold (2-10 gold). This is a free action, provided that you are neither strengthening nor repairing something on the same night.

Smithing: You may smith armours, shields and weapons into anything worth up to the collective value of the ingredients you are putting in. You may produce, as a full night action, any weapon, armour or shield for sale, plus the Arabic Great Mace, Bodkin Arrows (increase bow penetration by 2), Lamellar Armour, the Genoese Pavise and the Blade of Mars (if you have all the ingredients for it).

Remember: No PM/chat quoting, no discussion of PMs after death
    As you try to leave your room at a quarter to midnight, you meet with an unpleasant surprise. The door is locked from the outside. You batter against it a few times, but it won't yield. Cursing, you get to work on the aketon, and carefully add a layer of leather onto the thick cotton armour. In the early morning, you ready yourself again, and after thirty or forty axe swings at the door, your arm is aching, and the lock has broken but it is too late to go to the tower now.

Pevergreen - The Smith. Weapon Skill 4/AMS. Tabar Axe, strengthened (Defence 2) aketon, 12 gold.
    The door is unbarred tonight, and you are able to swiftly go up the tower steps and collect the five golden coins, each with the head of an Ismaili Caliph engraved upon it. A few hours of work on your axe improves the balance and functionality of it.

Pevergreen - The Smith. Weapon Skill 4/AMS. Strengthened Tabar Axe (4), strengthened (2) aketon, 17 gold.
    Pevergreen - The Smith. Weapon Skill 4/AMS. Strengthened Tabar Axe (4), strengthened (2) aketon, 22 gold.

The tower's a long climb, but seems to be worth it. Five gold is already on the floor as you enter, so you take that.
    The Smith. I like it.
    Last edited by pevergreen; 06-25-2007 at 00:53.
    Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    The org will be org until everyone calls it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by KukriKhan View Post
    but I joke. Some of my best friends are Vietnamese villages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemur
    Anyone who wishes to refer to me as peverlemur is free to do so.

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Darn it, my first chance at a protown role, too. Also, am I the only one to think my role was ironic?

Greater Khaan, the Orgahs should look up to you, The Egyptian Royal Spy, for I have chosen you to save them from the Mongol scourge. The Orgahs have several excellent men, and you could even use their skills to assassinate the Khan

Use your skills to investigate each individual there, and then to set the guilty up for a lynch. I suggest that you at least partially work on your physical strength, because you would currently be an easy victim for a poisoner.

Aybak of Egypt

Role: The Egyptian Royal Spy
    Major Goal: Orgah Victory, and Assassinate the Khan (must be done at end game by encouraging the Orgahs to attack the Khan)
    Weapon Skill: 1
    Weapon proficiencies: Dagger
    Equipment: You have a rimmed shield (Defence 2) and chainmail (Defence 5). You also have 2 gold and a Thief's Assistant sleeping draught.
    Night actions available: Universal Night Actions. Investigate. Frame.

Investigate: Each night you may investigate a person as a full night action. You will gain up to three pieces of information.

You have a 20% chance of discovering whether or not they have yet committed a night kill.
    You have a 40% chance of finding out exactly what equipment they have.
    You have a 60% chance of finding out their weapon proficiencies and skill.

Frame: Each night you may attempt to plant evidence of guilt in someone's room. Anyone interacting with them that night will see the 'evidence' of guilt. This is a full night action. The target will learn that someone has attempted to frame him, but not you specifically.
    ---

It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Poll Smoker Senior Member CountArach's Avatar

Count Arach, I know that my life will end with my letter, and you among the Spies will then be The Last of the Assassins. I am about to die, tortured by some friend of the Khan's, and I do not doubt that your so-called allies, Sasaki Kojiro and Stig are only waiting until the Orgahs are dead to turn you in. To assure your safety, and the survival of our cult, you must see that you are the only man to survive.

Once master, now dead
    The Prince of the Mountain, who hands over his crown to you

Team: Spy
    Role: The Last Of The Assassins
    Minor Goal: Spy Victory
    Major Goal: Spy Victory, and all other spies dead
    Weapon Skill: 10
    Weapon proficiencies: Dagger
    Equipment: You have a stiletto(penetration 3), a rimmed shield (defence 2) and an aketon (defence 1), as well as 10 gold. You also have a bag of herbs (1 use) and a vial of Assassin's Heartstopper poison (1 use).
    Night actions available: Universal Night Actions. Pray.

Pray: as a spiritual leader of Nizarism, you may pray for guidance and for strength. Praying as a full night action will grant you +1 weapon skill, purge you of any poison in your blood and grant you knowledge of anyone else who is praying that night.

Daytime assassination: if you so desire, you may also attempt an assassination during the day, provided that you did not attempt an assassination the previous night.
    I decided to pray each night and kill during the day. I died tryign to kill pannonian. In addition later in the game I was going to kill my fellow scum one at a time and claim it was someone else. I was going to go for the major victory!
    Rest in Peace TosaInu, the Org will be your legacy
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon Blum - For All Mankind
    Nothing established by violence and maintained by force, nothing that degrades humanity and is based on contempt for human personality, can endure.

Tran, I understand you have been troubled recently, but I ask you to wait a little longer before leaving the Orgahs. You are The Mountain Chieftain's Son, and our people, mountain men, have always been looked to for help when times have been hard, and saving these Orgahs and defeating the Mongol spies would give you great glory. I believe that it would benefit your standing if you could acquire the mighty weapon of a Mongol prince or knight of the West and return home with it.

I remember you being an exceptionally strong and tough lad, and I haven't seen you get ill. I hope these qualities and those metal gloves I sent you a month or so ago will be of use to you in months to come. Remember to attempt to cooperate with those you are helping. Protect them at night or train with them, but inactivity during the night is surely wasteful.
    Father, Chieftain of the Mountain Tribes

Team: Orgahs
    Role: The Mountain Chieftain's Son
    Major Goal: Orgah Victory and acquire and get proficiency with a fourth tier weapon (all will be made clear in time).
    Weapon Skill: 8
    Weapon proficiencies: Fists
    Equipment: Iron gauntlets (Fist proficiency. 4 penetration. 16 gold value.), Aketon (1 defence, value 6 gold). 8 gold.
    Night actions available: Universal Night Actions
    Special benefits: Tough frame, +2 defence, stacks with armour and shield. Healthy body, 50% chance of shrugging off any type of poison or sleeping draught effect.

What I did:
    - Go to rooftop at night 1 and managed to collect 5 gold
    - Due to sapi's role reveal on the previous day, I decided to guard him on night 2. Nobody approach though.
    - At night 3, I went training with sapi
    "Tenderness and kindness are not signs of weakness and despair but manifestations of strength and resolution." - Khalil Gibran

World War 3 erupted in mid-1960's: NATO - Warsaw Pact Conflict multiplayer Interactive, choose one from several available countries

Sasaki, CA and I were the mafia
    check this for what it's worth:
    http://www.quicktopic.com/39/H/zanrcpFSvarB

Locksmith FTW

Role: The Locksmith
    Major Goal: Orgah Victory and Acquire Mongol Plans
    Weapon Skill: 7
    Weapon proficiencies: Fists
    Equipment: You have clawed gloves (Fist. penetration 2. Value 6 gold), Chainmail (defence 5. Value 19 gold) and 5 gold.
    Night actions available: Universal Night Actions. Open the safe. Lock a room.

Open the safe: Each night you may collect from the safe behind the armoury any gold payed for weapons previously. This is a full night action.

Lock a room: You may lock someone in their room. This prevents them doing something for the night. This is a full night action.
    All the time I hear women say chivalry is dead...it's true, chivalry is dead and women killed it - Dave Chapelle (Killing them Softly)

the G-Diffuser Senior Member pevergreen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

You locked me out
    Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    The org will be org until everyone calls it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by KukriKhan View Post
    but I joke. Some of my best friends are Vietnamese villages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemur
    Anyone who wishes to refer to me as peverlemur is free to do so.

In is the correct statment I think and yes I did
    All the time I hear women say chivalry is dead...it's true, chivalry is dead and women killed it - Dave Chapelle (Killing them Softly)

I was away for the start of the game and as mafia had no reason to start discussion...sorry orb.

My Role:

Seamus Fermanagh, despair not, for though you are among the Orgahs, you, The Pilgrim will doubtless reach the Holy City and my protection yet. You must survive, kill with the sword any spy of the pagan khan still there, and acquire a horse to sooner return to our lands.

Determination is the foremost quality of the Pilgrim, and prayer will only strengthen you. Remember to aid others above yourself, and fend off the Mongols with the sword if no other will rise to the challenge.

Conrad of Jerusalem

Role: The Pilgrim
    Major Goal: Orgah Victory, and acquire a horse (may be done in several ways).
    Weapon Skill: 9
    Equipment: You have a quarterstaff (penetration 5) and chainmail (defence 5).
    Night actions available: Universal Night Actions. Nightly Prayer.

He shall not once relent: Your determination is such that your protection efforts may not be overcome by an enemy's weapon skill. If you perform a night kill, you will sacrifice this ability. You are also immune to sleeping draughts and the Thief's Assistant sleeping draught.

Nightly Prayer: As a full night action, you may increase your defence and weapon skill by 1.
    Night One = agreed to exchange weapon proficiencies training with Redleg, while sending in a backup order for nightly prayer. Redleg never made it.

Night Two = Nightly prayer, was poisoned by ? Was initially told that only the nightly prayer had saved me (1 point left), this was later modified, though I was never sure of the miscue.

Night Three = Nightly prayer -- was working with GK to establish townie network; GK was terminated by some nefarious person. Had thought about protecting GK, but thought him under the radar. In restrospect, I should have protected.

Night Four = went for gold to buy antidote.

Planned on championing for the town on day 6, hoping I could also thereby acquire a horse.

was poisoned by ?
    Me, as you can see in the link posted

We came up with a plan to take out all "strong" players early on:
    Redleg and Hugh on day 1
    Pann and Seamus on day 2
    Sapi and Omanes on day 3

That would easely cripple the town

Quote Originally Posted by Stig
    Me, as you can see in the link posted

We came up with a plan to take out all "strong" players early on:
    Redleg and Hugh on day 1
    Pann and Seamus on day 2
    Sapi and Omanes on day 3

That would easely cripple the town
    You naughty, naughty boy.

You'd do the same

I think at the end (sorry again to the active), I was slightly stunned (I admit the rules were complex, although there was no need to read most of them) by the lack of activity.

In the end, I decided that with the tiny number of uses of the unique rules, there was little to no point in continuing running this game, very sorry.

Seamus, the ****-up was that I thought lethal poison did 5 rather than 2 basic weapon skill damage.

CA, the hit on Pannonian was stunning bad luck. He had equal skill but the sword style advantage. If he'd waited for a day, he'd have drawn, as Pannonian was inactive.

Advice to non-conventionalists: keep things appearing simple, even if they aren't. I think the seeming (although not actual) complexity of this game caused many players, even some who were normally quite active, to decide not to participate. I was fairly surprised that noone chose to use the duel system at all. Not even the high weapon skill persons, especially as the Mafia virtually had to kill using weapon skill.

If I were running this again, I'd waive armour and weapons (cool, and useful for roles, but I think it confused/put off some people).

I might try getting Al-Qahirah going here, once I've finished all the stylish feat trees properly so it can be understood.

'My intelligence is not just insulted, it's looking for revenge with a gun and no mercy. ' - Frogbeastegg

SERA NIMIS VITA EST CRASTINA VIVE HODIE

The life of tomorrow is too late - live today!

Roadkill, you should test your skills among the Orgahs. The work of The Autopsist is never going to be easy, and requires experience. I also remind you that we want to see the body of one of these Mongols we hear so much about. You can acquire one for us, and bring it here to Bur Sayda.

The guild of doctors in Bur Sayda.

Role: The Autopsist
    Major Goal: Orgah Victory, and acquire and store a Mongol body.
    Weapon Skill: 4
    Equipment: You have a flail (penetration 8) and chainmail (defence 5). You also have a flask of water.
    Night actions available: Universal Night Actions. Store a body.

Store a body. As a full night action, you may store a body killed that morning. Storing a Mongol body will fulfill your major victory conditions.

Perform autopsy: You stand an 80% chance of learning which type of weapon someone was killed with, and a 40% chance of learning the precise weapon. Your results will be sent in the evening after the kills.

---
    "I thought CA was unarmed? Unless he got some samurai swords or something... I only got some rocks and some sticks." Shlin in BR realizing he has no weapons what so ever.

Poll Smoker Senior Member CountArach's Avatar

CA, the hit on Pannonian was stunning bad luck. He had equal skill but the sword style advantage. If he'd waited for a day, he'd have drawn, as Pannonian was inactive.
    lol, damn.
    Rest in Peace TosaInu, the Org will be your legacy
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon Blum - For All Mankind
    Nothing established by violence and maintained by force, nothing that degrades humanity and is based on contempt for human personality, can endure.

I shouldn't be writing this... Last post until friday evening...

Warmaster Horus, you are one of the Orgahs. Though many call you crazy, you are just The Paranoid Man. Like every other Orgah, you wish to lynch the spies, but you also need to prove to yourself and your insurance company that they really are out to get you.

You never even sleep in your bed at night. You hide yourself so cunningly that not even the spies could find you.

Role: The Paranoid Man
    Major Goal: Orgah Victory, and receive at least two attempted night kills.
    Weapon Skill: 3
    Weapon proficiencies: Bow
    Equipment: You have a leather breastplate (defence 3). You also have 17 gold, and an antidote.
    Night actions available: Universal Night Actions.

Unsleeping: You can never be found in your bed, and thus never night killed. You will see anyone who enters your room, but not know their intent.
    ---

Sorry Tran for having lied in our PMs, but considering the way you trusted me... Also, a bit of role playing on my part.
    Pity this is dead.
    Check out the Gahzette!

Back.

Exclamation Re: Citadel of Alamut

Quote Originally Posted by Warmaster Horus
    I shouldn't be writing this... Last post until friday evening...

Sorry Tran for having lied in our PMs, but considering the way you trusted me... Also, a bit of role playing on my part.
    Pity this is dead.
    At least I know you were...guilty innocent

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789