Thread: Weird Carthaginian behaviour

Closet Celtophile Member Redmeth's Avatar

Default Weird Carthaginian behaviour

At start I was amused by this but the overall game is suffering for 10 years Carthage has completely stalled they keep bringing armies to stand around on Corsica and Sardinia. They were kicked out of Iberia and now they are just passive. They are at war with the Romans for many years, you can see in the screenshot.
    Anybody ever encounter something similar?
    Playing with BI-exe by the way I seen some great attempts of invasion near Capua by the Carthies but those were before this tragi-comical behavior began.

Asia ton Barbaron mapper Member Pharnakes's Avatar

Smile Re: Weird Carthaginian behaviour

I have noticied Carthies doing this myself, but they always seem to get over it after a while, so i have never seen it so drasticlay, (although this is probably because I am often shaking things up around Italia myself). If I was you I'd save the game at this point and then somehow cheat to give the two towns to the Carthies, and see if this shakes them up a bit. If that fails, try some increasingly large money injections (if they are anywhere near the red) untill they start to move.

BTW have you any idea wether or not those armies were formed before you put in your fixed money script (which is great by the way, thanks alot), cause I've sometimes noticied that if an AI nations economy gos down the drain they tend to get paralised, and make no attempt to use the troops they have (apparently they get so depresed by the though of a finite number of troops that they all give up and cry untill some nice guy comes and gives the a stiff double through the consoul ).
    Asia ton Barbaron The new eastern mod for eb!

Laziest member of the team My red balloons, as red as the blood of he who mentioned Galatians.
    Roma Victor!

Yous ee gishes?

Closet Celtophile Member Redmeth's Avatar

Default Re: Weird Carthaginian behaviour

When I put the script in they had like 1.6 million now they are still the richest faction with around 800.000. Cheating would be a good idea, how would the console command look though, anyone know?

Βασιλευς και Αυτοκρατωρ Αρχης Member Centurio Nixalsverdrus's Avatar

Default AW: Weird Carthaginian behaviour

I think your AI performed wonderful for the most factions.

I bet all those Carthage stacks are militia.

Wow. I like your map...

I've never seen this happen on such a scale.