Thread: What happens if you forget to load the script?

Default What happens if you forget to load the script?

What happens if you forget to load the script? I forgot ones, so basiclly one end turn I was without loaded script. Does this ruine the game. In my Roman campaign KH and Pontos are destroyed in 250 BC, not by me obviously. And Epiros is moving around present day Serbia and Hungary. Any similar expiriences?
    DAMN! I FORGOT WHERE DO WE DINE TONIGHT!?

EB TRIBVNVS PLEBIS Member MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar

Default Re: What happens if you forget to load the script?

If you only missed one turn, there is no major damage. Everything is fine.

Closet Celtophile Member Redmeth's Avatar

The very aggressive AI expansion in 0.81a is because of the underpowered Eleutheroi (the mine nerfing did that) factions Like Epeiros and Rome spill out very quickly into central and north Europe check out this thread for improved money scripts although in your campaign the "damage" is already done.
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=83349

EBII Mapper and Animator Member -Praetor-'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Redmeth
    The very aggressive AI expansion in 0.81a is because of the underpowered Eleutheroi (the mine nerfing did that) factions Like Epeiros and Rome spill out very quickly into central and north Europe check out this thread for improved money scripts although in your campaign the "damage" is already done.
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=83349
    Lol, just a comment:

Some months ago, there were numerous threads referring to the "Overpowering of the eleutheroi"...

funny how subjective things can be.

Even though I agree that in some areas, the Eleutheroi are a bit weak (pannonia, noricum and rhaethia for example) and a bit strong in others (Helvetia).

Cheers!

Rebels can never be too strong. Id rather play against different rebel units than always the same gaul spearmen or hellenic phalanxes.

Quote Originally Posted by k_raso
    Lol, just a comment:

Some months ago, there were numerous threads referring to the "Overpowering of the eleutheroi"...

funny how subjective things can be.

Even though I agree that in some areas, the Eleutheroi are a bit weak (pannonia, noricum and rhaethia for example) and a bit strong in others (Helvetia).

Cheers!
    Funny, because I think Rebels are too strong!

It still astounds me how Eleutheroi warchiefs who have, perhaps, taken part in a few local skirmishes can have twice as many command stars as a general of yours who has conquered a country or two!

Closet Celtophile Member Redmeth's Avatar

Command stars are not the point, the way the AI expands without the Eleutheroi building infrastructure and troops is unrealistically fast, plus if they build stuff (mines, roads, ports) when you take over their cities they'll already have useful stuff built although they'll be harder to take.
    The large number of command stars are needed to balance the same AI expansion and they're not so great the morale bonuses are better don't envy the other guys' stars.
    Remember the Eleutheroi are not just "rebels" or "slaves" the are all the great tribes and free cities that did not make it as a playable faction so they are important.

Quote Originally Posted by I Am Herenow

It still astounds me how Eleutheroi warchiefs who have, perhaps, taken part in a few local skirmishes can have twice as many command stars as a general of yours who has conquered a country or two!
    We boost the command stars of generals artificially. This gives a benefit to morale for the enemies army, not too much, and unlike raising the battle difficulty, it does not raise the attack of enemy units. Ignore command stars, they mean very little anymore.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader
    Hayasdan Faction Co-ordinator

Quote Originally Posted by I Am Herenow

Think about it like this:

1. they are defending their homelands, threatened by slavery and extermination. This gives a morale boost.
    2. they know therefore the conditions better, this gives them a logistical and strategic advantage.
    Last edited by kalkwerk; 05-09-2007 at 23:34.

Also, they aren't just "minor" tribes and such, the rebels represent powerful kingdoms and tribes that historically were very tough and hard to take, they were anything but weak *Like Pergamon or the Celtiberians*.
    I shouldn't have to live in a world where all the good points are horrible ones.

Is he hurt? Everybody asks that. Nobody ever says, 'What a mess! I hope the doctor is not emotionally harmed by having to deal with it.'

Quote Originally Posted by Foot
    We boost the command stars of generals artificially.
    I figured as much ;)

Happens to me quite regularly, that's what alcohol does to a man's brain. Anyway, i always load the last autosave, even though missing out on one turn isn't fatal, just to be on the safe side.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick.Altman
    What happens if you forget to load the script?
    The Earth will explode.

Nah, Ive missed the money script a couple times and haven't had problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Foot
    We boost the command stars of generals artificially. This gives a benefit to morale for the enemies army, not too much, and unlike raising the battle difficulty, it does not raise the attack of enemy units. Ignore command stars, they mean very little anymore.

Foot
    Dude, I think you're wrong. I was under the impression each command star gave +1 to attack. And every influence point gives +1 moral to every troop within your Generals range which is something like command starts multiplied by x meters.

Their effects are not certain, no one knows for sure except CA I guess. I get the distinct feeling that my guys fight better when I have a lot of command stars, not just longer before breaking. So like you I think it affects attack in some way, whether this is +1 per star or something else. I have no idea about the influence though, my troops rarely run away regardless of influence wreaths.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking