Thread: Merchants

Epitome of Ephemeral Success Member Death is yonder's Avatar
    A perpetual tropical island by the equator

Default Merchants

Can anyone tells me the traits a merchant can get and how?And how do you stop foreign merchants from repeatedly aquiring your merchant,its pretty annoying.A guy cant trade in peace nowadays.And what affects how fast a merchant gains traits like does it depend on the location of the resource being traded.Or the value of the resource?Can someone answer my questions?
    You cannot add days to life but you can add life to days.

Friendly Resident Knight Member Fußball's Avatar

Default Re: Merchants

Having a merchant guild in the province the merchant was recruited may gain your merchant traits. Acquiring other merchant's assets will gain your merchant traits. Going through other faction's lands/trading in other faction's lands will gain your merchant traits. Monopolizing upon any resource that has at least two of that resource gains your merchant traits. And of course failing in any losses causes negative traits.

By the way, just a pointer for the future. This is probably best asked in the M2TW singleplayer citadel area of the forums.

Tschüß!
    Erich

Things are getting better. Well, not as good as yesterday, but definitely better than tomorrow! ~Old Russian Joke

Liar and Trickster Senior Member Andres's Avatar

Welcome Death is yonder

Maybe you'll find an answer here, here or here

And here you have a list of threads about Merchants in the Citadel.

Andres is our Lord and Master and could strike us down with thunderbolts or beer cans at any time. ~Askthepizzaguy

Ja mata, TosaInu

From the FAQ thread in the Citadel:
    Quote Originally Posted by seneschal.the
    At creation, start at level 1 for "natural merchant".
    You then have 50% of having him advance to level 2 at birth.
    If he is advanced to level 2 at birth, you have 33% of having him advanced to level 3 at birth.

If there is no town hall in the settlement, he has 50% to be a level 1 shady dealer.
    If he advances to level 1 shady dealer, he has a 33% of being a level 2 shady dealer, right out the gates.

If there is a town hall in the settlement, he has a 50% to be a level 1 legal dealer.
    If he advances to level 2 legal dealer, he has a 33% of being a level 2 legal dealer.

If he is created in a city with a cathedral or higher, and the population in the region is 80% YourReligion,
    he has a 50% chance of becoming a Religious Merchant.
    (Note: in my mod I raised it to 95%)
    If he is a level 1 religious merchant, he has a 33% of being a level 2 religious merchant.

If he is created in a city with a master merchant guild or above, he gains the MerchantGuildTrained level.

If he is created in a city and the faction owns the Merchant HQ, he becomes a MerchantGuildMember.

Ancillaries:

If he is created in a city with an alchemists lab, he has a 15% of getting a counterfeiter.

If he is created in a city with an alchemy school or higher, he has a 50% of getting a merchant clerk.

If a caravan stop or higher exists, he has a 50% of getting a caravn driver at birth.

If a caravan stop or higher exists in the city where he is staying, he has a 10% each turn of getting one.

If a city hasn't built a town hall, he has a 5% of picking up a trick abacus!

I just noticed that merchants won't ever gain the level 2 legal dealer level. The trigger is faulty and does not award level 2. Easily fixed.
    From wise men, O Lord, protect us -anon
    The death of one man is a tragedy; the death of millions, a statistic -Stalin
    We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area -UK military spokesman Major Mike Shearer

Guardian of the Fleet Senior Member Shahed's Avatar

Arrow Re: Merchants

Quote Originally Posted by Death is yonder
    Can anyone tells me the traits a merchant can get and how?And how do you stop foreign merchants from repeatedly aquiring your merchant,its pretty annoying.A guy cant trade in peace nowadays.And what affects how fast a merchant gains traits like does it depend on the location of the resource being traded.Or the value of the resource?Can someone answer my questions?
    I posted this in this thread. Some of these might help you:

Guide: How To Manage an Economy

Best location for Merchant's Guild HQ

Merchants: Suggested Tactics and deployment areas.

Another Merchants Guide

Merchant Forts & Empire Outposts

SUCCESS & PROSPERITY !
    A Gamecenter with a dedicated Total War fanbase!
    Check out our Facebook!
    Email: shahed@outpost.be

Thanks for all the help guys!

Guardian of the Fleet Senior Member Shahed's Avatar

Pleasure.

Anything else ?
    A Gamecenter with a dedicated Total War fanbase!
    Check out our Facebook!
    Email: shahed@outpost.be

Uh yeah.If i may ask,could you explain in specifics what are the merchant traits,how to get them-buildings and building specifics if possible like eg:merchant guild how many merchants to be trained till master merchant and so on,and what the traits do.Thanks