Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ah how refreshing.......

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

Default Ah how refreshing.......

A throwback to the old days when we didn't feel the urge to babystep our way around surface to shoe homing toes. Cabaret has been so dull since van Gogh was mutually respected by a peaceful person, thank god we still have Hans Teeuwen. He made a song where he makes a suggestion for our muslims where best to put their prophet, and some innuendo about possible wooly sexpartners that say beeeeeeeeeeeeh. Nice? No not at all. Wise? Even less so. But I fully aplaud it, it has been a while since I had a laugh like this. Showed it my mom, and her reaction says enough: 'he is crazy we are dealing with cavemen here'. My mom is always right. It's pretty crazy in the scared pussywussy country we have become, and I salute him for it. Ahhhh, a bit of freedom, how I missed it.

Can't post song, would break rules.
    Last edited by Fragony; 05-09-2007 at 15:50.

Sovereign Oppressor Member TIE Fighter Shooter Champion, Turkey Shoot Champion, Juggler Champion Kralizec's Avatar

Default Re: Ah how refreshing.......

That's from his oration at the Van Gogh monument, right?

I admire his work

Default AW: Ah how refreshing.......

He's a dead man. Sooner or later, you'll see he's a dead man. Somebody will get 'im, as usual.
    Emotion, passions, and desires are, thus peace is not.
    Emotion: you have it or it has you.

---

Pay heed to my story named The Thief in the Mead Hall.
    No.

---

Check out some of my music.

Default Re: AW: Ah how refreshing.......

Quote Originally Posted by Bijo
    He's a dead man. Sooner or later, you'll see he's a dead man. Somebody will get 'im, as usual.
    Oh but I don't think he will be, I think this is just the splash of comedy we so desperatily need. Things always get worse before they get better, and this gives me the feeling that we are passed that, just because nothing will happen. I don't think we need to remind the muslim community how close they were to being in very very serious trouble. This is good, for all of us.
    Last edited by Fragony; 05-09-2007 at 17:42.

Jillian & Allison's Daddy Senior Member Don Corleone's Avatar

Fragony, you're elevator's not reaching the top floor if you honestly believe that the Muslim community is going to sit back and let some dude sing songs that implies (or even possibly states) that they sheep. If he mentions Mohammed in anything but reverent, respectful tones, forget him, any radio station or newspaper that mentions his little song is in deep jeoprady. I can see the whole Danish cartoon thing paling in comparison.
    "A man who doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man."
    Don Vito Corleone: The Godfather, Part 1.

"Then wait for them and swear to God in heaven that if they spew that bull to you or your family again you will cave there heads in with a sledgehammer"
    Strike for the South

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone
    Fragony, you're elevator's not reaching the top floor if you honestly believe that the Muslim community is going to sit back and let some dude sing songs that implies (or even possibly states) that they sheep. If he mentions Mohammed in anything but reverent, respectful tones, forget him, any radio station or newspaper that mentions his little song is in deep jeoprady. I can see the whole Danish cartoon thing paling in comparison.
    We are not the english, we are not the danish and we are not the french. We can deal with that should the need arise, we came pretty close to doing so actually. I was at least, quite willingly I must add. But, call me a wuss, we aren't doing that bad really lately with our muslims despite a few cases of overdhimmification, actually we are doing just fine, I thought it would take at least 10 years to recover from Van Gogh but it didn't. I expect this: nothing at all whatsoever.

Going to the land where men walk without footprints.

I thought Hans quit with cabaret. Love his work though.Some are just classics.
    Nostradamus met z'n strakke groene broek...

L'Etranger Senior Member Banquo's Ghost's Avatar
    Hunting the Snark, a long way from Tipperary...

Oh please let's get some perspective on this.

For example, there's a British Muslim comedienne, Shazia Mirza - yes, a woman - who is widely popular and scathing with jokes on her own religion. She's quite funny too - and remarkably alive.

Sheesh.
    "If there is a sin against life, it consists not so much in despairing as in hoping for another life and in eluding the implacable grandeur of this one."
    Albert Camus "Noces"

Well, did I imagine the Danish cartoon riots? Why exactly did Van Gogh get knifed to death again? And why did Salman Rushdie have to go into hiding? Maybe I'm suffering from faulty memories.

"Then wait for them and swear to God in heaven that if they spew that bull to you or your family again you will cave there heads in with a sledgehammer"
    Strike for the South

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone
    Well, did I imagine the Danish cartoon riots? Why exactly did Van Gogh get knifed to death again? And why did Salman Rushdie have to go into hiding? Maybe I'm suffering from faulty memories.
    Actually he was shot and then he tried to remove the head. These things happen because we have too much respect for the islam and are too willing to listen to their absolutily insane demands, or give in even before the muslims know they demand it. Van Gogh was knived to death because we have given muslims too much a feeling that they should be respected, frankly I don't respect them, not one bit. They should be able to live with that, if not, well their loss.

A very, very Senior Member Adrian II's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Banquo's Ghost
    Oh please let's get some perspective on this.

For example, there's a British Muslim comedienne, Shazia Mirza - yes, a woman - who is widely popular and scathing with jokes on her own religion.
    And has been getting death threats ever since. The point is not that there are no free-spirited Muslims, the point is that they are constantly being threatened.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conradus
    I thought Hans quit with cabaret. Love his work though.Some are just classics.
    Nostradamus met z'n strakke groene broek...
    "Vette pech voor de kabouters." I literally wet my pants over that one (with beer though, not with you-know-what..).
    Last edited by Adrian II; 05-09-2007 at 19:09.
    The bloody trouble is we are only alive when we’re half dead trying to get a paragraph right. - Paul Scott

Oops, double post, remove at will
    Last edited by Adrian II; 05-09-2007 at 19:09.
    The bloody trouble is we are only alive when we’re half dead trying to get a paragraph right. - Paul Scott

You know the old question about what happens when an unstoppable body in motion collides with an immovable object? I think that's exactly what's going to happen here. Thus far, I've seen nothing to suggest that the outrage and manic reaction to criticism in some corners of extremist Islam, found around the globe, would take a backseat to the famous Dutch tolerance/ability to laugh/poke fun at all comers. Maybe this is just me. I'm not saying Muslims will riot. I'm saying the sort of Muslims that riot over Danish cartoons or issue death threats over Satanic Verses are not going to grit their teeth peacefully when a song comes out telling them where to shove the prophet or implying that they engage in ovine love.

Strike for the South

For our Dutch (and Flemish) friends, I real good song that isn't offensive and only makes the laugh about ourselves:
    http://variatee.vara.nl/mediaplayer/...panters.player

frankly I don't respect them, not one bit. They should be able to live with that, if not, well their loss.
    Give me one reason why I should respect you then?

Liar and Trickster Senior Member Andres's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stig
    For our Dutch (and Flemish) friends, I real good song that isn't offensive and only makes the laugh about ourselves:

Andres is our Lord and Master and could strike us down with thunderbolts or beer cans at any time. ~Askthepizzaguy

Ja mata, TosaInu

Default AW: Re: Ah how refreshing.......

Quote Originally Posted by Stig
    Agh, what a terrible song. But one thing in those lyrics is true, though: "we're afraid of Islam." And of course the setting looks like some kind of peasant village or something like that, heh heh.

Oh but I don't think he will be, I think this is just the splash of comedy we so desperatily need. Things always get worse before they get better, and this gives me the feeling that we are passed that, just because nothing will happen. I don't think we need to remind the muslim community how close they were to being in very very serious trouble. This is good, for all of us.
    Frag, I think there's gonna be trouble. It's not good, for nobody. Well, maybe for you and others who enjoy this mockery and comedic stuff, to give you a laugh, and perhaps it's good for the guy who makes money out of it, ratings, here and there, this and that, but it's not good eventually.

I say again: they will take care of him.... somehow.

---

No.

---

Sovereign Oppressor Member TIE Fighter Shooter Champion, Turkey Shoot Champion, Juggler Champion Kralizec's Avatar

For the sake of balance, here's one that makes fun of a certain right wing politician:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXHFXdJUMx8

The Black Senior Member Papewaio's Avatar

Default Re: AW: Ah how refreshing.......

Quote Originally Posted by Fragony
    ...innuendo about possible wooly sexpartners that say beeeeeeeeeeeeh
    Hmm I think my Welsh mum and Kiwi dad might sue for copyright breach.

Quote Originally Posted by Fragony
    I don't think we need to remind the muslim community how close they were to being in very very serious trouble. This is good, for all of us.
    What does that very very serious trouble mean?
    As in the style of

JAG... English Breakfast followed by a long talk, and finish off with tea and scones?
    Or Pindar... which is a surfing lesson followed by a long talk, and finish off with with a test on logic?
    Our genes maybe in the basement but it does not stop us chosing our point of view from the top.
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis VI the Fat
    Pape for global overlord!!
    Quote Originally Posted by English assassin
    Squid sources report that scientists taste "sort of like chicken"
    Quote Originally Posted by frogbeastegg View Post
    The rest is either as average as advertised or, in the case of the missionary, disappointing.

Hand Bacon Member ShadeHonestus's Avatar

Anyone heard much of the "Axis of Evil" for laughs. Four Arab-American comedians....good stuff it looks like, just saw something about them on the news.
    "There is a true glory and a true honor; the glory in duty done and the honor in the integrity of principle."

"The truth is this; the march of Providence so long, that of the individual so brief, that we often only see the ebb of the advancing wave. It is history which teaches us to hope."

Default AW: Re: Ah how refreshing.......

Quote Originally Posted by Fenring
    For the sake of balance, here's one that makes fun of a certain right wing politician:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXHFXdJUMx8
    I find it untasty. Hah hah, look at that: I'm actually giving an opinion :)

---

No.

---

Default Re: AW: Re: Ah how refreshing.......

Quote Originally Posted by Bijo
    Hah hah, look at that: I'm actually giving an opinion :)
    Bijo, I feel the same way sometimes.
    This space intentionally left blank

RIP Tosa, my trolling end now Senior Member Devastatin Dave's Avatar

Its a shame that you have to risk beheading if you do parady on Islam, especially when there is so much that can be made fun of!!! Islam is the George Bush of religions.
    RIP Tosa

Hand Bacon Member ShadeHonestus's Avatar

Yeah Christians are just as bad...

Rumor has it that Romney issued a Motwah on Eddie Izzard after his brilliant and hilarious routine on the Holy Trinity.

News crews were all over SLC covering the riots and effigy burnings.
    "There is a true glory and a true honor; the glory in duty done and the honor in the integrity of principle."

"The truth is this; the march of Providence so long, that of the individual so brief, that we often only see the ebb of the advancing wave. It is history which teaches us to hope."

Default AW: Re: AW: Re: Ah how refreshing.......

Quote Originally Posted by Gregoshi
    Bijo, I feel the same way sometimes.
    I don't know what came over me. From now on I will avoid giving opinions, and if I do it anyway, somebody smack me around quickly to get me out of it, if I haven't done so myself already.

---

No.

---

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeHonestus

Rumor has it that Romney issued a Motwah on Eddie Izzard after his brilliant and hilarious routine on the Holy Trinity.

RIP Tosa

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeHonestus

Fair enough, but there was quite a lot of silliness aimed at Monty Python for "Life of Brian" (including death threats) Jarman's "Sebastiane" and Scorsese's "Last Temptation of Christ" among others. Not to mention the political and economic pressures on some artistic works and museums, including violent picketing. And we won't mention violent attacks on abortion clinics either.

My point is that there are dangerous lunatics at the fringes of all religions. Islam is suffering a surfeit of such lunatics at present after quite a long history of being in the lower leagues of religious lunacy.

I get tired of the blanket generalisations that imply all Muslims are somehow complicit in the idiot fringe because like all stereotyping, it causes prejudices and fosters mistakes. We need to have moderate Muslims on the side of western concepts of rights and included as full and trusted citizens of our countries. Only with them helping will we root out the radicals and prevent young fools being radicalised enough to consider jihad as violence.

We should condemn the activities of the lunatics without automatically including all Muslims as de facto supporters. As for the Qu'ran, many scholars of that book would deplore the madder interpretations and passages, just as many Biblical scholars repudiate the slavery, conquest and gore that makes up much of that book. Both were written in different times.

In short, even the Buddhists have militant nut-jobs.
    "If there is a sin against life, it consists not so much in despairing as in hoping for another life and in eluding the implacable grandeur of this one."
    Albert Camus "Noces"

We need to have moderate Muslims on the side of western concepts of rights and included as full and trusted citizens of our countries. Only with them helping will we root out the radicals and prevent young fools being radicalised enough to consider jihad as violence.
    I think we all read you 5/5. One minor criticism: not ony do we need radical, smart and outrageously funny Muslims on our side (like the Britpak girl you mentioned), but the Muslim world needs these people more than we do. Remember that we, the West or whatever you want to call it, are a sideshow in the big internal struggle over hearts and souls in the Muslim part of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian II
    I think we all read you 5/5. One minor criticism: not ony do we need radical, smart and outrageously funny Muslims on our side (like the Britpak girl you mentioned), but the Muslim world needs these people more than we do. Remember that we, the West or whatever you want to call it, are a sideshow in the big internal struggle over hearts and souls in the Muslim part of the world.
    I entirely agree.
    Albert Camus "Noces"

I entirely agree.
    Except for when it's written here in the backroom.
    RIP Tosa

Quote Originally Posted by Devastatin Dave
    Except for when it's written here in the backroom.
    Albert Camus "Noces"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast