Thread: More Questions

Default More Questions

I would like to change the symbol of a faction in the imperial campaign, what files would i need to add/change? i tried this myself but it only partially worked... To be exact, im changing the scipi banner to the sarmation symbol, so the files are alreeady made for me!

3ds MAX was mentioned as a program required for modding Rome, what exactrly is it neded for?

lastly, Can I use photoshop to add/ change unit cards and unit colors to fit corect faction colors?

thanks for the help

CeltiberoRamiroI Member Monkwarrior's Avatar
    Salduie/Caesaraugusta/ Sarakusta/Saragossa

Default Re: More Questions

yeah, thanks monk, i did read that thread thoroughly...after i posted the question ...but the other questions remain unanswered.

Finder of Little Oddities Senior Member Makanyane's Avatar

3ds MAX was mentioned as a program required for modding Rome, what exactrly is it neded for?
    changing the 3d models for the units, and some other items (buildings and vegetation)

3ds MAX also provides the best way of making unit cards if you have it, you can pose the units complete with texture and take a render of them to make the card. It is very expensive (and complicated) though.

lastly, Can I use photoshop to add/ change unit cards and unit colors to fit corect faction colors?
    yes, definitely for unit cards, you can also use it to change colours on skins (the texture applied to the models) but you need the nvidia .dds plugin to open them.
    Not used mods before? Looking for something small and fun?!
    Download the:

ok, thanks, but pardon my ignorance... what are plugins. and how does one acquire them? I'm new to these programs and all this stuff.
    A couple of other uestions while I'm at it:

How can I make a script that allows only two family members at a time have a certain trait?
    For example, I have added the Army_Consul Trait for the Romans, now I want only 2 consuls at a time, like in historical fact. I assume it woul ook something like the scripts/triggers for faction leader and heir, but i cant find those either. I have read through the scripting tutorials, but I cannot copy them because I dont have access to the net on my compy.

Secondly, If i put my version of the imp campaign in a sepearate campaign folder, does this automatically disable the marian reforms? because i want to get rid of them.

thanks for your patience and help!

(I'm modding up a Republican era version that suits my tastes. )

weird. I remember replying here earlier...

Re: plugins. Some programs let you download enhancements called plugins.

If you have adobe photoshop, you can download such an enhancement that will let you view tga.dds files FOR FREE!

A note when saving to tga.dds format, make sure to use DXT5. It took me trial and error to figure that one out. hehe. You need to do this to preserve the alpha channels in the skins.
    before you ask a RTW modding question make sure you have done these things:

1. At least read these two stickies in the Modding Questions forum: Introduction and Welcome
    2. used the search function (upper right corner of your screen) to know if your Q has been asked before.
    3. browsed the Modding Answers subforum, and the Scriptorium.