Thread: help

Default help

Hey, Im new here and am running eb0.81a downloaded on the full install. I am using Rome totalwar gold but after downloading...i have all the relevant icons, i get this error message on starting up the game I get this error message:
    Script Error in eb/data/settlement_plains/oasis.txt at line 11, column 1.
    Name not recognised: 'oasis_lake'-make sure you defined it in descr_building battle.txt, or as a slot or group in descr_settlement_plan.txt
    can someone help?
    Cheers

Default Re: help

Sounds like a corrupt install. I would try downloading the installer again and try installing it again.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader
    Hayasdan Faction Co-ordinator

Sounds like you are among the unlucky few who have problems with the oasis. You should try the fixes posted in the sticky in this subforum. Please install all the permanent ones. If you still get the error message you should try the oasis temporary fix.

Another possibility is that your download or your installation is corrupt. You could try to download it once more if the fixes don't work out.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Okay i will download the fixes but the last time I re-installed eb (I tried that before posting) It said that it was already installed and i could only modify or repair it. I couldn't find the eb files anywhere on my computer though.
    Cheers

I downloaded the oasis fix and the game will run ...but i am still getting the vanilla loading bars and cities (i know from a seeing a friend run eb that these should be different) and the game seems to be quite unstable overall. Does anyone know how to correct this?
    Cheers.

Yes, and that is to reinstall again. You should choose to remove EB in the installer, then make sure you have a clean 1.5 RTW and install.

================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Okay then, even with this thing, my "campaign" with the Koinon Hellenon to 268 campaign was great fun and the unit skins are just fantastic. I found myself pausing, just to look at my men in combat and appreciate how damn good they looked
    Will unnstall then thanks

Nice to hear you're enjoying EB . I think the unstability will be fixed when you've got it installed correctly.

Note that you should install the permanent fixes in your new installation too. However if you want to play multiplayer, you should make a copy of a freshly installed 0.81a for that purpose, as installing the fixes will make it incompatible with the rest of us who play.

================
    ================