Thread: Regional MIC guide?

Default Regional MIC guide?

Are there any regional MIC guides? I want to know because I'm not sure if there are "gaps" between MIC.

ie. For the same region, regional MIC lvl 1 has units, but regional MIC lvl 2 & 3 doesn't, but regional MIC lvl 4 has an elite recruitable unit.
    This causes me to stop building regional MICs at that point since I have no clue if there are higher recruitable units.

Are there any charts or guides to helping decide whether to build top tier regional MICs?
    "Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind...but there is one thing that science cannot accept - and that is a personal God who meddles in the affairs of his creation."
    -Albert Einstein

Default Re: Regional MIC guide?

Sorry Intra I looked too, and couldn t find any myself

Your best bet is to check out your faction's custom battle list. Really look at it. See what type of regionals you get, and you'll know if you should keep building.

IE if your rome in gauls, with a level 3 or so regional MIC. You know you get gallic heavy cavalry, so keep building. Or your in Iberia, and you can make their Caetrati, your good.
    I shouldn't have to live in a world where all the good points are horrible ones.

Is he hurt? Everybody asks that. Nobody ever says, 'What a mess! I hope the doctor is not emotionally harmed by having to deal with it.'

Ming the Merciless is my idol Senior Member Watchman's Avatar

Quicksave and the "add_money" and "process_cq" cheats are your friends in this regard.
    "Let us remember that there are multiple theories of Intelligent Design. I and many others around the world are of the strong belief that the universe was created by a Flying Spaghetti Monster. --- Proof of the existence of the FSM, if needed, can be found in the recent uptick of global warming, earthquakes, hurricanes, and other natural disasters. Apparently His Pastaness is to be worshipped in full pirate regalia. The decline in worldwide pirate population over the past 200 years directly corresponds with the increase in global temperature. Here is a graph to illustrate the point."

-Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster

Βασιλευς και Αυτοκρατωρ Αρχης Member Centurio Nixalsverdrus's Avatar

Default AW: Regional MIC guide?

I think it's both fun and realistic not to exactly know what you could build in a province. In most cases you have an idea what province could supply what unit. Not all provinces yield good units. I propose the following: When you have conquered a promising province, appease it, and build a type 4 government. Build up your Regional MICs (take a look at the description to see what will be available in the next tier). Once that's done, build the government of your choice, presumably level 1 or 2. Once you had your 200 or 300 battles in a campaign, pressing your subjugates into service in the best possible units will be the most interesting thing to do for a slightly tired imperator.

EB2 Baseless Conjecturer Member blacksnail's Avatar

Moving forward our goal is to remove or reduce the "dead levels" of the regional MICs, or to give you additional reasons to construct them beyond just the units.

Default Re: AW: Regional MIC guide?

Quote Originally Posted by Centurio Nixalsverdrus
    I think it's both fun and realistic not to exactly know what you could build in a province. In most cases you have an idea what province could supply what unit. Not all provinces yield good units. I propose the following: When you have conquered a promising province, appease it, and build a type 4 government. Build up your Regional MICs (take a look at the description to see what will be available in the next tier). Once that's done, build the government of your choice, presumably level 1 or 2. Once you had your 200 or 300 battles in a campaign, pressing your subjugates into service in the best possible units will be the most interesting thing to do for a slightly tired imperator.
    The problem is EB is still in it's Beta stages, so I don't want to waste 10 years worth of turns building up to a lvl 4 regional MIC only to find out the EB developers haven't created regional recruitable units for that region yet.

"Moving forward our goal is to remove or reduce the "dead levels" of the regional MICs, or to give you additional reasons to construct them beyond just the units."
    awesome, :)
    "Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind...but there is one thing that science cannot accept - and that is a personal God who meddles in the affairs of his creation."
    -Albert Einstein

Default AW: Re: Regional MIC guide?

Quote Originally Posted by blacksnail
    Moving forward our goal is to remove or reduce the "dead levels" of the regional MICs, or to give you additional reasons to construct them beyond just the units.
    You could add law/happiness-bonuses to the regional MICs, since (local) troops make the people happier than some foreign guys with strange ideas (Also called occupation troops). And a few local ancillaries (only Mic 3 or higher gives you a foreign legionaire) ........

She pushed me ... Member Arkatreides's Avatar

In the very near future recruitment maps will be made available via the Unit Crad Project. Once they are complete you will see at a glance which units can be created in each province and what MIC type (regional or factional) it will come from. This should answer all your questions.

We can clone a sheep but we cannot clone a single photon.

Default Re: AW: Re: Regional MIC guide?

Quote Originally Posted by LennStar
    You could add law/happiness-bonuses to the regional MICs, since (local) troops make the people happier than some foreign guys with strange ideas (Also called occupation troops). And a few local ancillaries (only Mic 3 or higher gives you a foreign legionaire) ........
    yeah.. local troops would mean locals are employed => Income => better life => more happy/loyalty/less trouble ???

And armed and trained locals who might not like you, or be loyal to you.
    I shouldn't have to live in a world where all the good points are horrible ones.

Is he hurt? Everybody asks that. Nobody ever says, 'What a mess! I hope the doctor is not emotionally harmed by having to deal with it.'

Closet Celtophile Member Redmeth's Avatar

This really goes both ways, the Romans as far as I know never kept a legion in the place where they recruited, Gauls served in Egypt and Egyptians in Britain or some other place far from their home.
    Rebellions took place often and you cannot rely on local people to beat, stab and/or crucify their own people.
    Very smart use of the way people act, if you look different and are in no way connected to me... I'll kill you a lot easier.

While we're at it, even factional MICs have a problem too. One concrete example is that at Persepolis as Baktria, with a level 2 government, lvl 2 gives p.phalangitai, lvl 3 and 4 nothing, and then lvl 5, thorakitai and artillery. If i didn't process_Cq I would never have known.

EB DEVOTEE SINCE 2004

Βασιλευς και Αυτοκρατωρ Αρχης Member Centurio Nixalsverdrus's Avatar

Default AW: Re: Regional MIC guide?

Quote Originally Posted by Redmeth
    This really goes both ways, the Romans as far as I know never kept a legion in the place where they recruited, Gauls served in Egypt and Egyptians in Britain or some other place far from their home.
    Rebellions took place often and you cannot rely on local people to beat, stab and/or crucify their own people.
    Very smart use of the way people act, if you look different and are in no way connected to me... I'll kill you a lot easier.
    Yeah. In a half-played Romani campaign with 0.80, I used Samnites to guard forts on the Danube.

I really appreciate Arkatreides' work with the unit cards, and especially his new plans with the recruitment zones. Very good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkatreides
    In the very near future recruitment maps will be made available via the Unit Crad Project. Once they are complete you will see at a glance which units can be created in each province and what MIC type (regional or factional) it will come from. This should answer all your questions.
    AWESOME :D
    -Albert Einstein

She pushed me ... Member Arkatreides's Avatar

Have a look at the latest posts in the Unit Card Project threat and you will see some of the new recruitment maps.

We can clone a sheep but we cannot clone a single photon.

Wait I thought the legions recruited from Italy where generally kept close to or in Italy .

Join the Army: A Pontic AAR
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=96984
    ...uh coptic mother****er:A Makuria Comedy AAR
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...93#post1814493

so where are Roman artillery and Gallic Professional Infantry recruited from?
    -Albert Einstein

Roman artillery = for whatever reason, cannot be recruited even by regionals until Marians, in which case I believe an L4 in Italy will do it.
    Neitos (Gallic Professional Soldiers) = Regional MIC 4 for all of N Italy + Gaul proper. I do not believe that the Celtic towns south of Germania and North of Makedon produce Neitos.

Also, I always thought that building factional MICs should give a law bonus as the higher it goes the more important the location is to the faction (supposedly) with a negative law bonus for regional MICs to represent the unruliness of arming natives in the "native" way, and to represent power-hungry nobles and such. Though I don't think they should kick in until L3 or beyond for both. Possibly give a trade bonus as well since I feel it would make sense that a major military area would generate additional trade just by its mere presence. But then I am also in favor of quadrupling the build time for governments so I guess my opinion IS rather questtionable :-P
    Balloons:
    From gamegeek2 for my awesome AI expansion -
    From machinor for 'splainin -

EB2 Baseless Conjecturer Member blacksnail's Avatar

Adding law and happiness bonuses isn't necessarily beneficial - with so many buildings we have to be careful that each city doesn't get too many of the things, as they're already too common.

We have some ideas, but they aren't those bonuses.