Thread: Help Help

Default Help Help

I need the install files for BI patch 1.6 I cannot install it as I have another mod using the other BI patch 1.6 so I need the files. If you have BI 1.6 could you upload the folder and tell me the link; thanks! It has to be unmodded BI 1.6 or just the files 1.6 changes and adds.
    Nîn o Chithaeglir
    lasto beth daer;
    Rimmo nîn Bruinen
    dan in Ulaer!

Finder of Little Oddities Senior Member Makanyane's Avatar

Default Re: Help Help

Do you mean patch won't run because it says you have already updated file or something similar?

If you want it to go to the other install you need to rename the folders around, the patch will always try and install to the original games install path, so you probably need to change your other copy so its on that and call the already patched one something else.

P.S. I think this question should have been in the Colosseum.
    Not used mods before? Looking for something small and fun?!
    Download the:

Sorry could you explain what you mean about folder changes please?
    Sorry for the wrong place but it was partially to do with discussion as I am installing FA for some Video Work for FA.

Thanks tHough
    Nîn o Chithaeglir
    lasto beth daer;
    Rimmo nîn Bruinen
    dan in Ulaer!

Sorry could you explain what you mean about folder changes please?
    If I understand you correctly you have two copies of BI one without patch?

When you installed the first version it will have been installed to a folder path like C:/program files/activision/Rome - Total War or something similar.
    If you made copy of it will be at something like
    C:/program files/activision/copy of Rome - Total War or
    C:/copy of program files/activision/copy of Rome - Total War
    etc. The patch will only try and install to the first version so to get it to go to the copy you need to re-name the folder in the first one
    C:/program files/activision/NOT Rome - Total War or similar
    and rename the folders the copy is in so it is back on the original path
    C:/program files/activision/Rome - Total War (or wherever you first put it)
    then you should be able to patch that version.

If I misunderstood and you have not already got two copies, then make yourself a copy of the entire folder complete with mod and un-install and re-install the version on the original file path. Reply if you need more detail on how to do that.

Only other option is to look for a version of the 1.6 patch that has a manual install option but I'm not sure there is one.
    Download the:

I have 3 copys of RTW on my desktop 2 with BI 1 with RTW all with 1.5 RTW and 1.2(?) BI. One BI has 1.6 patch and Arthurian Total War the other just normal I need the just normal for FA and the patch 1.6 wont install.
    Nîn o Chithaeglir
    lasto beth daer;
    Rimmo nîn Bruinen
    dan in Ulaer!

What is the complete folder path eg:
    C:/program files/activision/Rome - Total War
    to the normal version you want the patch to install onto - think of that as PATH B.

Also what is the complete folder path to the version that is already patched (or the path where you originally installed it, if you re-named it afterwards) - think of that as PATH A

Have you yet tried re-naming the directory of the patched version so it is on a completely different path - PATH C - and re-naming the directories for a copy of the un-patched version so it moves from PATH B to PATH A where the patched version was originally installed. If you do that the patch 1.6 should find the un-patched version and install to it.

If that doesn't work would someone else please try and help.... or would you please post question again in the Colosseum you might find someone who can explain or help better there.
    Last edited by Makanyane; 05-12-2007 at 06:12.
    Download the:

Compete Paths: H:\Users\David\Desktop\FA Total War :Unpatched Version
    H:\Users\David\Desktop\Arth Total War :Patched Version
    Nîn o Chithaeglir
    lasto beth daer;
    Rimmo nîn Bruinen
    dan in Ulaer!