2 22.22%
  • No

3 33.33%
  • GAH!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111111111

4 44.44%

Thread: America and the "New Immagration"

Old Town Road Senior Member Strike For The South's Avatar

Default America and the "New Immagration"

I live in San Antonio Texas. I've lived here my entire life. I can say this without batting an eyelash. The working/middle class Mexicans (even the ones with questionable papers) assamilate much quciker than the ones with money or the poorest. About half the Mexicans I know speak as much or less spainish than I do and about 85% raley speak it all. The problem is the richest and the poorest not the 80% in between. Granted I have a different veiwpoint as the Mexicans here dont have any enclaves as they are 60% of the citites population but Don is wrong. Illegals are a huge problem for the economy and they also take up much needed land. Also some of the most assimalted mexicans I know come from the "valley" which is 90% Mexican (Eagle Pass and Laradeo are exceptions but the drugs have a vice grip on those towns). The point is this. Many of you are dealing with 1st generation immagrants Im am dealing mostly with 2nd 3rd 4th gneneration ones (hell I know some whose familes were in Texas long before yours trulies) They will assimalte. I also think California is different than Texas. In Cali there seem to be those people who like to help illegals and like to promote seprate institutions. in Texas we dont have those people
    I would really like others peopoles presepective on this. Some people seem to think the sky is falling and will live a bilingual Belgian excistence in the coming years. I dont and the above post is why. Our immagrants

-have the same God
    -have the same culture (I would like to point out the large family system amd the retaning of the culture were things the Germans Irish Sweedes French and Jews did but they all turned out fine)
    -they can protest peacefully!

So why do you fear the new immagrants?

DON
    You're absolutely, 100% correct Adrian. In truth, I don't think Spanish or English will be the long-run language of the USA, but a fusion of the two.
    DON-They arrive with a transitory view of living here.
    -They view the United States as an economic opportunity, not a new country of residence.
    -They do not attempt to learn the language. They do not encourage their children to learn the language. If they get educated at all, they force 'Spanish-education' programs on our public school systems.
    - They do not pay taxes, but they do consume public services. Frequently, they travel from Mexico to the USA specifically to receive these services (get an operation, then return to Mexico to convalesce).
    -Any sense of political union comes in the form of last year's mass demonstrations, with this business of Azatlan, where they claim that anyplace they have a large spanish-speaking enclave should be politically separated from the USA and joined to Mexico.
    I belive DC is wrong
    Last edited by Strike For The South; 05-11-2007 at 02:32.
    There, but for the grace of God, goes John Bradford

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

Nobody expects the Senior Member Lemur's Avatar

Default Re: America and the "New Immagration"

Illegal immigrants are a tool of Satan:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Resolution opposing Satan’s plan to destroy the U.S. by stealth invasion

Whereas, “And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.” (Revelation 12:9)

Whereas, in order for Satan to establish his “New World Order” and destroy the freedom of all people as predicted in the Scriptures, he must first destroy the U.S. There are ways to destroy a nation other than with bombs or bullets. The mostly quiet and unspectacular invasion of illegal immigrants does not focus the attention of the nation the way open warfare does, but is all the more insidious for its stealth and innocuousness.

Whereas, Americans will have to make a choice: either close our borders to illegal immigration, which is now vastly greater than any time in the past, or witness the passing country [sic]. The proof of this statement is the record of history. It is a history littered with the gravestones of great nations and civilizations which allowed invaders to overrun them. If we fail to learn from the lessons of history, we are doomed to repeat them.

Whereas, all polls show that the American people overwhelmingly want limited immigration, reform and control of our borders as mandated by the Constitution. But many do not realize the extent of the dangers ahead because of the lack of accurate media coverage and public debate. An important reason for the lack of understanding is that the powerful commercial, political, ethnic, and the godless globalist elites who control the major media do not want the issues of illegal immigration to come to national attention.

Whereas, it is obvious that most promoters of massive immigration and open borders do not like the ideas of patriotism, national identity, sovereignty, our Christian culture and freedom. Many consider themselves cosmopolitans or world citizens. Their religion is atheistic humanism. They are found primarily among the elite of foundations, universities, big business, left-wing politicians, Hollywood, ACLU (Anti-Christian Lawyers Union [sic]), CFR (Council on Foreign Relations), the American power elite and the liberal media. They prefer a world without borders ruled by a one world tyrannical government.

Whereas, we cannot benefit the world by eliminating our borders and sovereignty as advocated by Satan’s “axis of evil”, if we do, the world will pull us down to its lowest common level and we will have committed national suicide. In that case, the U.S. will no longer be a free and prosperous land or light of liberty for all nations. Once he has destroyed the U.S., Satan will be able to establish his “Satanic New World Order” and destroy the freedom of all people.

Whereas, the national security and the future of the nation and the American people depends upon how well we do our job and defend our borders. We must control our borders to illegal immigration, have a well regulated temporary worker program, as needed, or face extinction. The destruction of the U.S. by the forces of evil is a top priority of Satan.

Now therefore, we (delegates) are obligated to support the Utah State and Utah County Republicans Platforms regarding the mandates to support the “Rule of Law” and the Constitutional mandate to protect and secure our national borders.

Now therefore, because we support the “Rule of Law,” the Constitution and the principals that made America the greatest and freest nation in history, the Utah County Republican Party supports the closing of our national borders to illegal immigration to prevent the destruction of the U.S. by stealth invasion.
    "Those are my principles, and if you don't like them ... well, I have others." — Groucho Marx

In my current job I manage funds for a state and federal assistance program for families and children in need (forget the bleeding heart liberal comments, Im the callus accountant/admin), I deal with immigrant familes a lot.

I will say this and monitor the conversation for other opportunities for comment. The people I come across want to work and better thier lives, and while I dont wont more immigration because I see first hand the taxation it puts on our infrastrucutre, I respect thier motives for wanting to come here.

This issue is very dynamic and geography has a lot to do with what "dynamic" you get.
    There are few things more annoying than some idiot who has never done anything trying to say definitively how something should be done.

Sua Sponte

Senior Member Senior Member naut's Avatar

The only really good thing to come from said immigration is The Mars Volta.
    #Hillary4prism

BD:TW

Some piously affirm: "The truth is such and such. I know! I see!"
    And hold that everything depends upon having the “right” religion.
    But when one really knows, one has no need of religion. - Mahavyuha Sutra

Freedom necessarily involves risk. - Alan Watts

Tovenaar Senior Member The Wizard's Avatar

America is the most successful migrant's country the world's ever seen. It has channelled immigration into a driving force. Its lure is so powerful, indeed, that its kept some six million Jews far, far away from a place that they secretly do feel they should've gone to (hence all the money they send there as a sort of absolution). What makes you think the U.S. couldn't repeat this with these people?
    "It ain't where you're from / it's where you're at."

Eric B. & Rakim, I Know You Got Soul