Thread: How to continue campaign on startup?

Post How to continue campaign on startup?

Is there any way to continue the campaign on startup? Like by having a command line option. I have a slow PC and it takes a lot of time to load the game and then load the campaign. I would rather be away for that time. Any help would be really appreciated as I quit and restart the game very often.

Also, does rebooting help improve the performance of RTW?
    Time is Money. Spend it.

Post Re: How to continue campaign on startup?

Hi bippukt,
    Sorry, but I'm afraid that there is no command line which enables you to do this. My sincere apologies.

Rebooting your PC does not seem to increase your R:TW performance, but re-starting R:TW after a few hours most certainly optimizes performance! R:TW features a huge and nasty memory leak bug which is a complete PC hogger on lower tech PCs after a certain length of time. Re-starting R:TW removes it's horrible effects and prevents it from dominating your system resources, causing the game to CTD.

If you desire more information on other ways to boost R:TW (and other game) performance, then this very useful guide could help you. Good luck, cheers!
    Dawn is nature's way of telling you to go back to bed

Default Re: How to continue campaign on startup?

Just to be sure, I meant the startup of the game and not Windows. Is even that not possible? I tried running the game by double clicking the save file but it only lead to a CTD. It would be really disappointing for this game to not have any such cmd line option

And you are a really helpful guy Omanes Alexandrapolites. Cheers to you!!!
    Time is Money. Spend it.

Post Re: How to continue campaign on startup?

It's existance would be nice, but, it most unfortunately does not seem to exist. Sorry. However, there is the "Continue Campaign" button on the main menu which carries on from the most recent save, but that is not a perfect function if you want to return to an old game.

Thanks BTW.
    Last edited by Omanes Alexandrapolites; 05-11-2007 at 17:55.
    Dawn is nature's way of telling you to go back to bed

Default Re: How to continue campaign on startup?

I was trying to avoid hitting that button. Seems like I just need to be less lazy. Thanks.
    Time is Money. Spend it.