Thread: Diadochi Total War Faction Preview 5:The Kingdom of Macedon

Default Diadochi Total War Faction Preview 5:The Kingdom of Macedon

Presents:
    The Kingdom of Macedonia

About History of Macedonia:

Perdiccas' regency was short-lived. One of Alexander's generals, Ptolemy, had become satrap of Egypt and ignored Arridaeus and Philip. And when the two last-mentioned decided to restore order in the south-west of the empire that Alexander had acquitted, Perdiccas was assassinated by his own officers, somewhere on the banks of the river Nile. After this event, it was almost certain that the Macedonian empire would fall into pieces. Antipater, who was in the position to negotiate a deal between the rival factions (the Triparadisus settlement), accepted the regency and took the royal family with him to Europe. He left Antigonus Monophthalmus in charge of the Macedonian forces in Asia.
    The story of the next twenty years is very complex (for the details, go here). For our purposes, it is sufficient to know that Antipater died soon after his return to Europe (probably in the autumn of 319; text), and that he left the Macedonian royal family in the hands of an officer named Polyperchon. Although he was the new regent, he was no match for Cassander, a son of Antipater who claimed and obtained his father's position as de facto ruler of Macedonia and the Greek world. During his coup, king Philip Arridaeus was killed (text), leaving Alexander IV, the son of Alexander the Great, as only surviving member of the Argead dynasty. The boy was killed soon afterwards (text).
    Macedonia was exhausted after the Persian war, and compared to the other successors of Alexander, Cassander refrained from war as much as possible. One of his successes was gaining control of Athens, where he disbanded the democracy and appointed Demetrius of Phaleron (a student of Aristotle of Stagira) as governor. Other towns were garrisoned. This may have stabilized the region. Cassander also did his best to improve the economy, and founded important cities like Cassandria (formerly known as Potideia) and Thessalonica, which he named after his wife, a sister of Alexander the Great.

Location on our Map:

Demetrios Poliokretes landed from Asia Minor in the North of Athens!Are you ready?

Unit List:
    Akonstitai

Akonstitai Javelin-Armed Troops without any Armour

Toxotai

These are Macedonian Archers,no armour,just Bows.They are effective especially against Light-Armoured troops

Thuerophoi:

This Unit is a Heavy Skirmish-Unit.Equipped with Javelins and a Spear.They are usefull as Light-Infantry too

Thorakitai:

The Thorakitai unit is stronger then the Thuerophoi and are able to hold the lines
    Levy Phalangites:

These Phalangites have no armour and recruited from peasants

Chalksalpidai:

These Unit are not so strong like Pezhetairoi,but strong enough to hold the lines

Pezhetairoi:

This is the Pezhetairoi unit of Macedonia,They are strong,good equipped and good armoured

Agema Phalangitai:

This is the Strongest Unit of the Macedonians.This Unit is recruited from the bravest,richest peoples in the Macedonian Kingdom.Excellent Armour and equipment.

Thessalian Cavalry:

Those Units are from Thessaly in central greece and are good equipped and good armoured.
    Agema Cavalry:

This is the Elite Cavalry of the Macedonian Kingdom.On of the strongest Cavalry in the World
    Tarentine Cavalry:

Light-Armoured javelin Cavalry from the Greek city of Tarent

The old DTW team for the Skins!
    Last edited by Turk2; 05-12-2007 at 08:59.

Honorary Argentinian Senior Member Gyroball Champion, Karts Champion Caius's Avatar

Default Re: Diadochi Total War Faction Preview 5:The Kingdom of Macedon

Wow, impressive work here.

Is this mod for RTW 1.5?If yes, I want to play it!

Names, secret names
    But never in my favour
    But when all is said and done
    It's you I love

Thanks,
    and yes it is for RTW 1.5

Post Re: Diadochi Total War Faction Preview 5:The Kingdom of Macedon

Looking good
    Dawn is nature's way of telling you to go back to bed

Thanks pls excuse us the horses this will be changed of couse(i hope it:) )

Looks great, keep it up.

Honorary Argentinian Senior Member Gyroball Champion, Karts Champion Caius's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Turk2
    Thanks,
    and yes it is for RTW 1.5
    Are u needing beta testers?Pm me.

Names, secret names
    But never in my favour
    But when all is said and done
    It's you I love

If we need,i will contact you
    (we began before one month so we are not able to finish it in one month)