Thread: .cas file editing

Relentless Bughunter Senior Member FactionHeir's Avatar

Default .cas file editing

Hello :)

I'm currently trying to open cas files (using vercingetorix' importer/exporter) in 3dsmax but due to my ineptness at working graphics, I'm rather stuck as I don't know what to do once the cas is opened.

For example, I opened the deciduous_a_canopy.cas that way and see a bunch of trees on my screen. What I want to achieve is to disable the animations (which I cannot see) and/or make the object static so that it cannot move.

The above is with the "import animations" box unticked, because when I tried importing the cas into 3dsmax with verc's importer and the "import animation" box ticked, 3dsmax would return an error (something about numf...) in verc's script and refuse to import at all.

So...anyone versed with 3dsmax and cas editing willing to lend a hand?
    Want gunpowder, mongols, and timurids to appear when YOU do?
    Playing on a different timescale and never get to see the new world or just wanting to change your timescale?
    Click here to read the solution
    Annoyed at laggy battles? Check this thread out for your performance needs
    Got low fps during siege battles in particular? This tutorial is for you
    Want to play M2TW as a Vanilla experience minus many annoying bugs? Get VanillaMod Visit the forum Readme
    Need improved and faster 2H animations? Download this! (included in VanillaMod 0.93)

blaaaaaaaaaarg! Senior Member Lusted's Avatar

Default Re: .cas file editing

The animations aren't in the .cas model files, they're seperate .cas files but as far as im aware we cannot mod the animations for trees and stuff.