Thread: A quick question about guilds.

Default A quick question about guilds.

As I understand it you earn points towards guilds by achieving goals and building certain buildings.

If this is true. . .

. . . my question is, if I demolish a couple of barracks in castles I don't want will it hurt my chances of getting a related guild?

Guardian of the Fleet Senior Member Shahed's Avatar

Default Re: A quick question about guilds.

Yes it will. Destroying a guild related building gives you -100 points for that setllement, and -20 for all settlements.

Barracks (part of the mustering hall series) are only related to the Mason's Guild. In your example, destroying barracks will give you -100 points per building of mustering hall series destroyed, for that settlement and -20 for all others.

Have a look at this guide and this one.
    Last edited by Shahed; 05-12-2007 at 04:51.
    If you remember me from M:TW days add me on Steam, do mention your org name.

http://www.steamcommunity.com/id/__shak

Quote Originally Posted by Sinan
    Yes it will. Destroying a guild related building gives you -100 points for that setllement, and -20 for all settlements.

Barracks (part of the mustering hall series) are only related to the Mason's Guild. In your example, destroying barracks will give you -100 points per building of mustering hall series destroyed, for that settlement and -20 for all others.

Have a look at this guide and this one.
    Actually that's not correct. You say destroying a guild-related building gives those penalties, when in fact it is only destroying a guild itself that gives the penalty. You get positive points for building certain buildings, but generally do not lose points for destroying them. The -100 / -20 penalty is only incurred by destroying the actual guild, and has nothing to do with any auxiliary buildings that help you get the guild. So in this case, you may freely destroy barracks buildings without damaging any of your guilds at all, and in fact wiping out buildings only to rebuild them could be a useful way to stack up guild points for tougher-to-get guilds, since you'd get to rebuild the same buildings all over again.
    Last edited by Foz; 05-12-2007 at 05:12.

See my Sig+ below! (Don't see it? Get info here)

Thanks for all the info. If that is true that I can demolish a barracks and not take a penalty then that is good. I plan on converting the castle to a city anyway so most castle type buildings are lost in the process. Might as well get some cash out of it.

Can anyone else verify that you can destroy and rebuild guild buildings and get extra points?

Guardian of the Fleet Senior Member Shahed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Foz
    Actually that's not correct. You say destroying a guild-related building gives those penalties, when in fact it is only destroying a guild itself that gives the penalty. You get positive points for building certain buildings, but generally do not lose points for destroying them. The -100 / -20 penalty is only incurred by destroying the actual guild, and has nothing to do with any auxiliary buildings that help you get the guild. So in this case, you may freely destroy barracks buildings without damaging any of your guilds at all, and in fact wiping out buildings only to rebuild them could be a useful way to stack up guild points for tougher-to-get guilds, since you'd get to rebuild the same buildings all over again.
    LOL !!! I actually wrote that??!!!. Yes of course you're absolutely right. I wonder WHAT on earth I was thinking about. My apologies Silendice.

If you remember me from M:TW days add me on Steam, do mention your org name.

http://www.steamcommunity.com/id/__shak