Thread: Problems with the town of Tuat

Default Problems with the town of Tuat

Hello :)

I recently conquered Tuat (a Town in Africa) as the Romani [Summer/Autumn 243 BC, savegame here] and there seem to be a few problems with it.

Firstly, it has a building that looks like a fairly decent Roman barracks called "Victory (Western Greek)"*. Its background colour is different to that of all the other buildings, it does not do anything and its description says "WARNING: this description should never appear on screen!", or words to that effect. I assume it is a marker of some sort, but whatever it is, it is visible in-game (and can't be destroyed, by the way).

Next, once I conquered the town and build a temporary military government (or whatever it's called), I could build any government building (i.e. I->IV), despite the "Alliances Available" marker.

*As I'm on the subject, all Homeland/Subjugation etc. markers are "(Western Greek)", despite me being Romani.

(v. 0.81a + all perm. fixes + no unofficial EB mods + Gestetae fix)

Default Re: Problems with the town of Tuat

I thought those were supposed to go in Terhazza rather than Tuat. But it's no problem that they're there, they are markers as you guessed.

Don't know about the rest. It sounds like a bug to me that you can create any government though.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by I Am Herenow
    Hello :)
    Firstly, it has a building that looks like a fairly decent Roman barracks called "Victory (Western Greek)"*. Its background colour is different to that of all the other buildings, it does not do anything and its description says "WARNING: this description should never appear on screen!", or words to that effect. I assume it is a marker of some sort, but whatever it is, it is visible in-game (and can't be destroyed, by the way).
    All is as it should be, although at some point we ought to invest some effort in making these buildings look like they belong.
    The truth is the most valuable thing we have. Let us economize it. - Mark Twain

EB TRIBVNVS PLEBIS Member MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar

Tuat is in a state of limbo in v0.8x and shouldn't really be conquered. For one thing, it probably costs more to maintain than any profit you can get from it.

Those 'hidden' buildings probably messed with government.

The majority of buildings placed by the campaign script (such as government resources) are given the "Western Greek" culture because it is the default culture in EB. It doesn't change anything or effect anything, so it doesn't really matter.
    Last edited by MarcusAureliusAntoninus; 05-12-2007 at 20:52.