Thread: Little Help With A Common Question

Default Little Help With A Common Question

Ok, I know this is a common question, and probably annoying to those have already answered it, so I'm gonna try to make this question as specific as possible to try and make answering it easier. I'm also new to this thread, and I hope I don't come off rude to anyone, as this being my second post and it being a question, but I only recently found this thread. I hope this is in the right place!

Ok, so my goal is to pretty much make my unit production instant or very fast, which process_rq/rc is SUPPOST to do, but doesn't, so I have to find other means. I have searched FOUR hours or so (yes on something as small as a cheat, I like to be thorough and I get desperate sometimes :P), and have read MOST answers on methods of doing this, but I still have a few questions that I hope you won't mind answering. Also, I am using the EB mod (loving it so far), so if this automatically scratches out certain methods, please let me know. Ok, I know of these methods so far:

A) Scripting process_rq via show_me

Ok, I read a little about the scripting thing, but haven't much luck on finding success stories on it, or on how complicated it is. So my question for this method is, is scripting process_rq possible? If so, would it be complicated, as in, would I have to include the settlement and unit name etc. etc. If so, it probably wouldn't work as fast as the other methods for me, but please feel free to explain further on this if you don't mind.

B) Setting unit production time to 0

Ok, I've had this set for me before quite awhile ago, and it pretty much completed ALL units in recruitment quere in ONE turn. The thing is, I can't remember if it affected only MY faction, or ALL factions in the campaign. I'd prefer it to only affect my own faction, so if there's a way to do this, please explain, or atleast tell me if it's possible so I can research it myself.

C) Using create_unit

I read about this method too, but it's way too lengthy, complicated, and buggy for my personal taste.

D) Using certain "patches" to unlock certain commands

I also read about this, but as far as I have read, there's only a version that works for 1.0 and 1.1. Also, I'm using the EB mod, so I don't know if it would work for that. If there's one for version 1.5 that's compatible with mods, I would love to know about it.

E) Trainers

I have YET to find a trainer that does some of the more complicated commands like process_cq and process_rq, but if anyone knows about it, feel free to inform me! It's probably fantasy though. :(

So, those are pretty much the methods I'm currently aware of. My preferable methods are A and B, but as I've said, I'm a little ignorant on certain things about them. Though, based on the time it would probably take for B, atleast guess-wise, method A seems less lengthy. Anyways, as I've said, you've probably been asked this question many times, and I'm sorry to add to it, but I can't quite find the answers I'm looking for. Sorry for the lengthy post and thanks for all the help you can give!

Default Re: Little Help With A Common Question

Quote Originally Posted by ActionAlligator
    A) Scripting process_rq via show_me

... is scripting process_rq possible? If so, would it be complicated, as in, would I have to include the settlement and unit name etc. etc.
    The process_rq console command requires you to specify the settlement name.

B) Setting unit production time to 0

I can't remember if it affected only MY faction, or ALL factions in the campaign.
    The production time affects all units of the specified type, regardless of what faction builds them. It's possible to make a faction-specific copy of a unit and set the build time to 0 for only one of them, but this requires different names for the units. To make the new unit recruitable you'd need to add a lot of new recruitment lines to export_descr_building.txt.

C) Using create_unit

I read about this method too, but it's way too lengthy, complicated, and buggy for my personal taste.
    create_unit is not buggy.
    The truth is the most valuable thing we have. Let us economize it. - Mark Twain