Thread: What goverment system

Default What goverment system

Concurrently I am playing as Macedons. I have captured the settlement above Pella which is Serdika. Should I implement I or II gov system. If I am not wrong, I would give me the Companion Calv and Elite Pike which are further down my campaign. But II would give me access to units like Pantodapoi Phlangitai, which i checked the cards for offline use has axe as secondary weapon, which compared to my standard Deuteroi Phlangitai sword is much better in terms of lethality and the axe as A/P. If I have been on the wrong track cause I am not entirely sure how MIC and Gov system are related properly, jus correct me.

Thnks in advance.

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: What goverment system

The EB MIC system is explained here. Simply put, a type I governement will give you access to all factional units that can be recruited in a province, but a very limited selection of local troops. Type II gives access to most factional troops, except the top-level ones, but has a slightly wider range of local recruitment. Type III gives most local recruitment options, but limited faction unit recruitment; and Type IV gives maximal local recruitment option, but very limited factional.

To make things more complex, however, recruitment options vary through provinces. I am not sure that you can recruit Hetairoi in Serdike even if you have a type I governement and a level 5 factional MIC. IIRC these are only available in Pella and Demetrias, and the capitals of the other major successor states. Similarly, Pantodapoi units are eastern units in Greek service, so you won't find those in a Thracian province. The only local recruitment options you have there are Thracian units.
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

Default Re: What goverment system

Pantodapoi Phlangitai are not recruitable by Macedon anywhere.
    You wont get Companion Cav in this province aither.
    Your best choice is Homland government, unless You want to get only Regional unit in this province, Texais Triballoi ( Level 4 ).

Asia ton Barbaron mapper Member Pharnakes's Avatar

Smile Re: What goverment system

I think you do get companion cav actualy, but the best way to experiment is to save the game and then use add_money, macedon 40000 and process_cq "Serdike" to find out what ou rercuitment options are.

P.S. A little tip: take Tylis and build a type 4, and then the highest regional mic gives you a brilliant selection of troops; thrakain prodromoi, thrakian peltastai, galatikoi Kuarathoroi (S.P.) galatakoi kuldargon, laosate, and of course, taxeis triabolloi.
    Asia ton Barbaron The new eastern mod for eb!

Laziest member of the team My red balloons, as red as the blood of he who mentioned Galatians.
    Roma Victor!

Yous ee gishes?

From description I assume he means province Dardanoia.

This are exact recruitment possibilities for this province.

Akontistai Complex:11 Level:1
    Taxeis Phalangitai Complex:11 Level:2
    Sphendonetai Complex:11 Level:2
    Thraikioi Hippeis Complex:11 Level:3
    Thraikioi Prodromoi Complex:11 Level:4
    Thraikioi Peltastai Complex:11 Level:4
    Taxeis Triballoi Complex:25 Level:4
    Agrianikoi Pelekephoroi Complex:11 Level:4
    Hypaspistai Complex:11 Level:5
    11 is Native Complex number for Macedonia.
    25 is Regional Complex number.

Voluntary Suspension Voluntary Suspension Philippus Flavius Homovallumus's Avatar

As a rule build the highest government you can in homland and subjugation provinces. Anywhere else build a type 4, especially as Makedonia.
    "If it wears trousers generally I don't pay attention."

[IMG]https://img197.imageshack.us/img197/4917/logoromans23pd.jpg[/IMG]

Thnks for all the replies.

LorDBula, where did you get all that code btw, i think i would be able to find out more abt the recruitment through the code.

Calicvla, thnks for the advice but at the start one of the subjugation provinces as type III gov, is it advisable to bring it down and construct type II? Is somewhere above sparta I think.

Im Corithos infact. Yes it is advisable, as soon as your finances are stable, as Macedonia's type 3 gives such huge public order problems.

Laziest member of the team My red balloons, as red as the blood of he who mentioned Galatians.
    Roma Victor!

Yous ee gishes?

Thnks for the fast reply. But Pharnakes, wouldnt it be a waste to have type IV gov in Tylis. It has homeland resource and is one of the further away province which means easier to get factional high MIC units across right?

LorDBula, where did you get all that code btw, i think i would be able to find out more abt the recruitment through the code.
    Well my Sig should actually say EruopaBarbarorum Member.
    This is EB internal naming system. You wont find it in RTW files.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leoforce
    Thnks for the fast reply. But Pharnakes, wouldnt it be a waste to have type IV gov in Tylis. It has homeland resource and is one of the further away province which means easier to get factional high MIC units across right?
    It's up to you, off course, but you can already recruit factional troops in Pella, Demetrias and Serdike, as well as the two Epirote cities, whereas Tylis and Kallatis are the only nearby towns where you can recruit Celts. A type IV governement in Tylis also gives acces to several Thracian units.

Macedonians have nearly all Thracian units in factional MICs, i.e. Traikioi Prodromoi, Traikioi Hippeis, Traikioi Peltastai.

Speak up for those who were silenced forever.
    Visit https://www.HellenicGenocide.org

But not taxeis triabloii for some reason

Roma Victor!

Yous ee gishes?

Yes, that's the case. Don't know why they don't have it, too.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Basileus Seleukeia
    Macedonians have nearly all Thracian units in factional MICs, i.e. Traikioi Prodromoi, Traikioi Hippeis, Traikioi Peltastai.
    I'd swear I could recruit Tracian Peltast in Tylis during my 0.8 Makedonian campaign. Perhaps they changed it in the latest build?

Quote Originally Posted by Ludens
    I'd swear I could recruit Tracian Peltast in Tylis during my 0.8 Makedonian campaign. Perhaps they changed it in the latest build?
    Do you mean in a regional MIC? Because otherwise we both think the same.

Βασιλευς και Αυτοκρατωρ Αρχης Member Centurio Nixalsverdrus's Avatar

Default AW: What goverment system

1. In Epidamnos, you can recruit almost nothing, no matter what government.

2. In Tylis, you can recruit nice Thrakian units with your factional MIC, but Celts and Triballoi with Local MIC.

3. Why are Taxeis Triballoi so damn cheap? I play on huge unit size, and they have 200 in one unit (Agrianians 161), and they cost much less in upkeep, and only about 670 in recruitment (Agrianians about 1800). And they are statwise roughly similar. I LOVE Agrianikoi Pelekephoroi, btw - but why are they thrice as expensive as Triballoi?

Default AW: Re: What goverment system

Quote Originally Posted by LorDBulA
    From description I assume he means province Dardanoia.

This are exact recruitment possibilities for this province.

Akontistai Complex:11 Level:1
    Taxeis Phalangitai Complex:11 Level:2
    Sphendonetai Complex:11 Level:2
    Thraikioi Hippeis Complex:11 Level:3
    Thraikioi Prodromoi Complex:11 Level:4
    Thraikioi Peltastai Complex:11 Level:4
    Taxeis Triballoi Complex:25 Level:4
    Agrianikoi Pelekephoroi Complex:11 Level:4
    Hypaspistai Complex:11 Level:5

11 is Native Complex number for Macedonia.
    25 is Regional Complex number.
    Hmmm, I can recruit Pheraspidai there, what's wrong? I have 0.81, applied a couple of different fixes for both 0.81 and 0.81a. Could that be the reason or did you change the recruitment zone for Pheraspidai in 0.81a?

I can basically recruit Pheraspidai in every province where I can recruit Hypaspistai (and I think it makes sense), which I can recruit in all Homeland provinces.

This came to my mind when I took a look at Arkatreides' recruitment zone cards, and realized that Pheraspidai are less recruitable than Hypaspistai, according to his cards.

So, one of us is wrong. Perhaps you've had an recruitment accident?

I can basically recruit Pheraspidai in every province where I can recruit Hypaspistai (and I think it makes sense), which I can recruit in all Homeland provinces.
    Well if You moded it or play different version then 0.81a then everything is possible.
    What I and Arkatreides is showing is latest ( 0.81a ) setup.
    And You can recruit Pheraspidai in 6 province ( 0.81a ) and Dardanoia is not one of those provinces.

Wow, thnks for all the replies.

Hmm, after looking at the map again, yea seems good to have a type four gov there as I can recruit most of my factional elites in my capital and those with homeland resource near to my capital.

Agrianians seems to have a longer range of javalin with higher damage but have one less javalin when compared to Taxeis Triballo. But Agrianians have A/P axe while Taxeis Triballo have a higher lethality sword.

For my calculations, I assume A/P would neglect only armour and not the whole defense. So for example if A/P Sling were to hit a unit from the front, the skill, shield and mass is only calculated. But if it hits behind the unit, everything is neglected. So Agrianians are surely superb backstabbers.

Another question, if you manage to bribe another general for example a Greek general while playing as Macedons, would you have spartan hoplites as this bribed gen or they are changed to heavy calvary?

Ming the Merciless is my idol Senior Member Watchman's Avatar

AP just halves the armour value.
    "Let us remember that there are multiple theories of Intelligent Design. I and many others around the world are of the strong belief that the universe was created by a Flying Spaghetti Monster. --- Proof of the existence of the FSM, if needed, can be found in the recent uptick of global warming, earthquakes, hurricanes, and other natural disasters. Apparently His Pastaness is to be worshipped in full pirate regalia. The decline in worldwide pirate population over the past 200 years directly corresponds with the increase in global temperature. Here is a graph to illustrate the point."

-Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster

EB TRIBVNVS PLEBIS Member MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by leoforce
    Another question, if you manage to bribe another general for example a Greek general while playing as Macedons, would you have spartan hoplites as this bribed gen or they are changed to heavy calvary?
    They will have your faction's default bodyguard.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Basileus Seleukeia
    Do you mean in a regional MIC? Because otherwise we both think the same.
    Yes, it would have been the regional one.

Default AW: Re: What goverment system

Quote Originally Posted by LorDBulA
    Well if You moded it or play different version then 0.81a then everything is possible.
    What I and Arkatreides is showing is latest ( 0.81a ) setup.
    And You can recruit Pheraspidai in 6 province ( 0.81a ) and Dardanoia is not one of those provinces.
    No, I didn't mod anything. For the fixes, I just overwrote files with the files in the fixes. I never opened them. And it was so even before I applied these fixes. When you changed this in 0.81a, you should really change it back because it doesn't make much sense in my opinion to be able to recruit Hypaspistai, but not Pheraspidai...